Official 1/100 BANDAI VF Hi Metal VF-1J Valkyrie

Black Valkyrie

Glad to see more releases, but I'm waiting patiently for variants that are more exciting to me like a TV 1A Max, 1D, Ostrich, Elint, etc.

I agree, especially the 1A max and 1D. I'm waiting for the TV 1A Mass Prod as well as the VF-11 and a low-vis 1S.

Question- (please consider this a mid-term report card for the VF 100 line) How's everyone's VF holding up? Increased floppiness? Cracked joints?

Basically- I love my 1/60 V.2's but my shelf space is now at a premium. I do transform my Valk's and I have been lucky that I haven't had too many issues. I'm wondering how folks' 100's are holding up to use.

Comparison pic between HiMetal 1/100 and Yamato 1/60 v2.

Note: the "neck ugliness" of my 1/60 is mitigated by leaving the chest plate slightly up

post-925-128569957926_thumb.jpg

whoa i like the look of the 1/100 bandai more than the 1/60 yamato

Now you made me curious, how is it "mistransformed"?

when you push the chest plate up so high it takes away one of the things the 1/60 does do correctly over the hi-metal, the chest/heatshield/intake proportions. It makes the 1/60 look like it has the long waist/small chest like the hi-metal when it doesn't.

And when you take the photo from such a low angle that the little shoulder lamps and tail fins aren't visible you aren't doing it any favors either.

Not saying the hi-metal looks bad. I think it's astonishing how good it looks given how small it is, but it also has a boat load of compromises compared to the line art as does the 1/60

when you push the chest plate up so high it takes away one of the things the 1/60 does do correctly over the hi-metal, the chest/heatshield/intake proportions. It makes the 1/60 look like it has the long waist/small chest like the hi-metal when it doesn't.

Fried air. I hope you are aware that the chest piece in the picture is maybe less than 1 mm higher than it should, right?

You like 1/60 better? Fine.

Fried air. I hope you are aware that the chest piece in the picture is maybe less than 1 mm higher than it should, right?

You like 1/60 better? Fine.

Yeah, i know, but coupled with the fact that you took that comparison shot from something like a 30 degree angle which completely distorts the proportions it's not a fair or even remotely accurate comparison. You like the hi metal, good for you, but if you're going to do a comparison shot you should at least try to be honest about it and not distort one to try and make the other better. Sorry if that's too much to ask.

As it stands, I was accurate in my assessment, the 1/60 is mistransformed and the comparison shot is at an angle that distorts proportions. That has nothing to do with what I "like" but rather what is accurate and fair.

Yeah, i know, but coupled with the fact that you took that comparison shot from something like a 30 degree angle which completely distorts the proportions it's not a fair or even remotely accurate comparison. You like the hi metal, good for you, but if you're going to do a comparison shot you should at least try to be honest about it and not distort one to try and make the other better. Sorry if that's too much to ask.

As it stands, I was accurate in my assessment, the 1/60 is mistransformed and the comparison shot is at an angle that distorts proportions. That has nothing to do with what I "like" but rather what is accurate and fair.

I don't know why you try to defend the 1/60 so hard, since it seems perfectly good in my picture. It even has correctly positioned shoulders man!

Anyway, send an "accurate photo" and I'll be glad to post it along with the 1/100 for a "fair" comparison and... never mind, whatever. -_-

I don't know why you try to defend the 1/60 so hard, since it seems perfectly good in my picture. It even has correctly positioned shoulders man!

Anyway, send an "accurate photo" and I'll be glad to post it along with the 1/100 for a "fair" comparison and... never mind, whatever. -_-

Whatever is right, if you don't know the basics of perspective it certainly isn't up to me to teach it to you. Your comparison shot is wonky and I called you on it. You can try to spin this any way you want but All I can is I've wasted more than enough time on you.

Despite the issues I have with the Hi-Metal VF-1J (glued on intake and stupid angle of the gunpod in fighter mode), I will probably pick up 1 of the DYRL Valks.

Still hoping for news of the VF-19F soon, as that is an easy one for Bandai to do. It better come with a fighter mode gunpod attachment this time thouhgh!

And yes, I'd love to see Bandai's take on the VF-0S/D/A in Hi-Metal form. Probably won't happen though. :-(

Graham

Do just the 0D. I think Bandai would have more success doing "the valks you can't get otherwise" rather than "yet more valks you already own in 1/55, 1/48, 1/60, and 1/72..."

(exceptions for stuff like the -19S of course, where they have greatly improved upon previous offerings)

Do just the 0D. I think Bandai would have more success doing "the valks you can't get otherwise" rather than "yet more valks you already own in 1/55, 1/48, 1/60, and 1/72..."

(exceptions for stuff like the -19S of course, where they have greatly improved upon previous offerings)

Agreed, instead of releasing the same valks most people own three times over in different scales and colors give us the valks yamato won't touch, the 0D would be a good start, a VF-4 would be AWESOME. Why do just valks, hi-metal destroids in scale with the valks, hell a hi-metal monster, that would way too effin awesome, then I'd buy a LOT more toynami regults and battle scene it up.

I get the feeling Bandai stays away from those designs because they figure "Well, if they ain't good enough for Yamato, we ain't doin' them either!" Basically, they seem to use Yamato as market research. If Yamato deemed something unprofitable (e.g. VF-0D), then it follows logically that Bandai would want to steer clear and stay with the guaranteed bestsellers (HOW many times has the VF-1S Focker been re-released by Yamato now?).

Bandai is welcome to prove me wrong, though, I invite them to. I'd definitely like a small VF-0D. ^_^

Agreed, instead of releasing the same valks most people own three times over in different scales and colors give us the valks yamato won't touch, the 0D would be a good start, a VF-4 would be AWESOME. Why do just valks, hi-metal destroids in scale with the valks, hell a hi-metal monster, that would way too effin awesome, then I'd buy a LOT more toynami regults and battle scene it up.

The Chogokin DX Koenig Monster probably qualifies as 1/100 scale, so that is already done.

I get the feeling Bandai stays away from those designs because they figure "Well, if they ain't good enough for Yamato, we ain't doin' them either!" Basically, they seem to use Yamato as market research. If Yamato deemed something unprofitable (e.g. VF-0D), then it follows logically that Bandai would want to steer clear and stay with the guaranteed bestsellers (HOW many times has the VF-1S Focker been re-released by Yamato now?).

Bandai is welcome to prove me wrong, though, I invite them to. I'd definitely like a small VF-0D. ^_^

Err right... Bandai didn't announce VF-19 kai before Yamato and then went on to produce the fan requested VF-19S. :rolleyes:

The toy world does not only revolve around Yamato's "creatve geniuses"...

1) DX Koenig is probably more like 1/120 scale than 1/100 and that's why it's not part of the Hi-Metal line but rather the Robot Spirits line

2) It's very silly to say "This company should make all the toys that aren't proven money makers since we already own the toys that are." If they're proven money-makers they're going to get made first.

3) Yamato and Bandai pull from the same statistics on toy sales and probably very similar market research to decide what gets made. If Bandai makes all the same toys as Yamato it's because that's what the market indicates people will buy, not because Bandai is copying Yamato.