Official 1/100 BANDAI VF Hi Metal VF-1J Valkyrie

Black Valkyrie

Nothing flopping on mine either, but the backpack was annoying me a little bit in battroid mode until I pressed it down a little and it also locked the hinged panel on the back of the head in closed position.

I'm overall very pleased with this toy, it's really fun to pose and looks great in all modes, a very expressive figure that makes me want to collect more of these hi-metal valks. And the Hi-metal YF-21 prototype is definitely on the top of my wishlist

Nothing flopping on mine either, but the backpack was annoying me a little bit in battroid mode until I pressed it down a little and it also locked the hinged panel on the back of the head in closed position.

I'm overall very pleased with this toy, it's really fun to pose and looks great in all modes, a very expressive figure that makes me want to collect more of these hi-metal valks. And the Hi-metal YF-21 prototype is definitely on the top of my wishlist

Thanks for your comment about the back pack. I tried pressing it down and it suddenly locked :blink: I tried it last night but couldn't. I must have been very sleepy :D

Definitely one of my faves together with Yamato's 1/48 and 1/60 VF-1s. Always wanted a small VF-1 that has great sculpt. I liked the Toynami but hated those exploding polycapped knees and elbows :angry:

Edited by len_d69

Nothing floppy on my VF-1J, although as I mentioned, I would have liked the swivels on the legs to be a little tighter. My only real issue is the glued on intake on mine.

Also, I spoke to Noel (Blackaces) at the weekend. He picked up a Hi-Metal VF-1J, but didn't like it. He told me he broke the head laser on his and he said he thought the plastic looks and feels cheap.

While I think the plastic does look a bit cheap the quality seems good. Although I do think the plastic used on the VF-19Kai and Blazer Valkyrie has a much better appearance than that used on the VF-1J.

Graham

Nothing floppy on my VF-1J, although as I mentioned, I would have liked the swivels on the legs to be a little tighter. My only real issue is the glued on intake on mine.

Also, I spoke to Noel (Blackaces) at the weekend. He picked up a Hi-Metal VF-1J, but didn't like it. He told me he broke the head laser on his and he said he thought the plastic looks and feels cheap.

While I think the plastic does look a bit cheap the quality seems good. Although I do think the plastic used on the VF-19Kai and Blazer Valkyrie has a much better appearance than that used on the VF-1J.

Graham

Yup the backpack is not floppy any more. Just a silly mistake :) But I agree that the leg swivels could have been tighter.

Funnily enough, I did have the VF100s VF-25F side by side with the Hi-Metal VF-1J and VF-19Kai the other day, all in fighter mode. Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos though.

I've always thought the VF100s VF-25 series is a bit undersized.

Graham

i'm hoping that bandai will remake vf 100 vf 25 in the vf hi metal series.. and make it almost perfect transformable just like the dx chogokin... *well i know it's kinda hard for hoping it as perfect transformable* that way i could pose it with the up coming monster koenig :)

Mine should be here in a few days. This is my first Macross toy in years. I gave up on Yamato after the 1/48 VF-1s.

Wowza! Going from 1/48 to 1/100, that's half the size of what you used to hold. But the toy is solid in every mode anyway, and it fits on your palm to swoosh around with ease ^_^ In my neighborhood nobody likes the 1/100 scale Valks for being "super small". Apparently, they never own one and a die hard Yamato fan boy. December couldn't come sooner... Hikaru needs his senpai right away!

• 3 weeks later...

So I was messing with this guy earlier and wondered, is the pilot removable or not? I pulled at it for a bit but gave up in fear I may break the poor little guy.

I heard that he wasn't. But that's all hearsay considering I don't own this puppy yet. But man, am I ever tempted. You enjoying yours? Everyone seems to be happy with it for the most part.

I heard that he wasn't. But that's all hearsay considering I don't own this puppy yet. But man, am I ever tempted. You enjoying yours? Everyone seems to be happy with it for the most part.

I really do indeed love mine, it has the best battroid mode of any valkyrie available bar none, and one of the slickest easiest transformations ever.

I really do indeed love mine, it has the best battroid mode of any valkyrie available bar none, and one of the slickest easiest transformations ever.

You just got me to spend 70 bucks and order one! :) Ha ha! No, actually, I am hoping I love it. I have an army of 1/100 Regults so I am hoping I love this line.

Thanks for the input!

You just got me to spend 70 bucks and order one! :) Ha ha! No, actually, I am hoping I love it. I have an army of 1/100 Regults so I am hoping I love this line.

Thanks for the input!

Owning many regults, heavy and normal, was the main drive for me to start collecting a solid 1/100 line, then the new bandai hi-metal series showed itself, and I knew it was to be! Plus the 1/100 glaug is on the way, and I have several 1/100 destroid and male power armor models, so yeah big battle scene.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input!

I aslo have the 1/100 Regults, I've decided that I need to get this toy by Bandai.

I've been looking around for a good price but all the places with the best prices are sold out.

$48 (Rakuten and AmiAmi) $56 (OverDrive)

Does any one have any suggestions for decent prices on this item with affordable shipping to North America?

Edited by Blue Faced Beast

I'm in North America too. Sadly, the @$$ end of civilization, too, as far as the toy market goes.

I've seen them on eBay once in a while for cheap. Not as cheap as the prices you are talking. I'll keep an eye out for you. :-) ... and me too. These 1/100's are really growing on me. And, unlike the infamous 1/60 v2's (Yamato), these HiMetals don't seem to have the QC issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...