Official 1/100 BANDAI VF Hi Metal VF-1J Valkyrie

Black Valkyrie

I think I see a hole in the forearm, and it looks like the slots on the backpack and legs that hold fighter mode tightly together could also double for super parts attachments. Swappable parts looks extremely similar to the Toynami toy.

The arm transformation is very interesting. The arms slide front and back and rotate in and out, very clever.

I like Yamato's transformation better but this is a whole new approach.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Uhh.. wow.. They're gonna stick to a fogged canopy, huh? I guess that's all they're going to do with the cockpit. Peering inside, it looks... unfinished. =/.

Yay for landing gears this time at least.

Rear tailfins still unpainted, so maybe that's hope there's still more improvements to come? Although the ad looks like they're marketing it as a finished product.

Anyway, the tiny feet in fighter mode reminds me of the VF-2SS.... And why I hate it. Lol XD

Uhh.. wow.. They're gonna stick to a fogged canopy, huh? I guess that's all they're going to do with the cockpit. Peering inside, it looks... unfinished. =/.

Rear tailfins still unpainted, so maybe that's hope there's still more improvements to come? Although the ad looks like they're marketing it as a finished product.

Anyway, the tiny feet in fighter mode reminds me of the VF-2SS.... And why I hate it. Lol XD

They've shown the toy with a clear canopy before. There's no reason to think that a clear canopy wont be included.

The text says it's a pre-pro sample that they quickly put some paint on and that the final version will have more details.

I'm not worried about the canopy. Everytime we see pre-pro models we see all sorts of foggy and tinted canopy colors but in the end it usually ends up being clear.

... You guys are no fun. Let me go into irrational panic mode already. :(

okay, little pilot, sculpted cockpit and clear canopy are websclusives and to get them you need need to verify you live in Japan and it's only 1 per household.

and you need to send in a pinkie, left or right hand, your choice.

PANIC and RAGE!!! :lol:

That sort of begs the question: why would a canopy be foggy? And is the source of the fog internal/external?

Probably because it's either a lower-grade plastic for prototyping or because it wasn't buffed/polished.

hmm... clenched fist w/ molded gunpod grip. I take it the gunpod itself is collapsible, but not the trigger group?

It kinda feels like something in between the Toynami gunpod/fist combo & the Revoltech gunpod/fist combo.

The shoulder mechanism is really interesting. It's about as close as you can get to line art accurate.

It's kind of a shame that at this scale, it hollows out the back section.

Bring on the Strike Valks!

hmm... clenched fist w/ molded gunpod grip.

That kinda ruins some of the magic for me. I want one set of empty hands that fit into the arms and hold the gun, and an intact gun that's all one piece. Even at 1/100 scale that's not too much to ask.

That is actually asking quite a bit danth unless you want the gun to look pretty wonky. You're essentially saying you want the 1/60 V2 style gun (it appeared on later versions of the V1 also) which would be pretty tricky to make durable in this tiny scale. The other option is a gun with a fixed handle like Takatoku and Banpresto did... but then you're stuck with huge impressions in the arms for fighter mode and the gun still won't sit as tight.

Guest sh002

i wouldn't mind if toynami and bandai made an agreement and toynami distributed this in the US so that i can get a higher end 1/100 vf toy at a cheaper price

I think most people would love Bandai and Toynami to work out a distribution deal but Bandai's Macross license from Big West forbids distribution outside of Japan... those waters were tested before when Bandai tried to release the chunkies through Toynami.

I'm not even sure how much cheaper that would end up being. I just picked up Bandai's R:D Nirvash from a comic shop - complete with "Toynami" sticker on the box, and it wasn't any cheaper than what i could have gotten it for online. I suppose ordering through Previews could be cheaper, but in terms of walking into a store and grabbing one...that all depends on what price tag the store decides to slap on the box.

I think most people would love Bandai and Toynami to work out a distribution deal but Bandai's Macross license from Big West forbids distribution outside of Japan... those waters were tested before when Bandai tried to release the chunkies through Toynami.

It's weird too, every time I check BBTS, the Super Hikaru/Max are still up for preorder but the ship date constantly gets pushed back. This was as recent as a month ago. Still clinging hope for a VF-1D.

• 4 weeks later...