Official Bandai 1/100 VF HI-METAL VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie

QuinJester

I opened my VF-19 and its left shoulder keeps popping out. While I can slot it back in, it just falls off way too easily. Has anyone experienced this? Or have any suggestions to remedy it?

Apart from that issue, I don't like the fiddiliness of getting from one mode to the other. Hearing that the VF-25F is much worse than this makes me pretty darn scared of that one. But both modes for the VF-19 are nice. Love the look and poseability of the VF-19. I do look forward to the 1/60 though. Don't like me partsformers and even though this is nice I would've not gotten if I'd known at the time that the 1/60 was coming.

I opened my VF-19 and its left shoulder keeps popping out. While I can slot it back in, it just falls off way too easily. Has anyone experienced this? Or have any suggestions to remedy it?

Apart from that issue, I don't like the fiddiliness of getting from one mode to the other. Hearing that the VF-25F is much worse than this makes me pretty darn scared of that one. But both modes for the VF-19 are nice. Love the look and poseability of the VF-19. I do look forward to the 1/60 though. Don't like me partsformers and even though this is nice I would've not gotten if I'd known at the time that the 1/60 was coming.

the shoulders on mine are ok. it's jz the right knee cap keeps popping out. so i super-glued it! :p

Thx for the extra pic jediwalker. And lol Eriku... Ninja Face indeed.

I really like the toy's proportions. Think I will hold out for the non-Kai VF-19 variations if they ever make any. Fire Kai is ok, just absolutely hate those McD colors. An Emerald Force or VFX-2 Ravens scheme would have been a must buy for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The only thing I worry about when it comes to the landing gear is that the plane will just rest on them (with the landing gear fixed to the stand), as they doesn't seem to be a way for them to attach to to the plane.

haha, awesome. Landing gear plug into base, valk sits on top like a cradle.

oh yeah... didn't notice that at first... sucks! :p

so w/c one's worse, the DX 25 landing gears or these... :D:p

The only thing I worry about when it comes to the landing gear is that the plane will just rest on them (with the landing gear fixed to the stand), as they doesn't seem to be a way for them to attach to to the plane.

blu-tack...

so.... where are the prototype pics for the 1/60 Yamato????

Edited by m0n5t3r

I think it's the best solution, all things considered. I'd rather have good looking cradle gear than shopping cart pug wheels.

so, you weren't actually being sarcastic when you said those landing gears are "awesome".... hhhmmm, interesting. :rolleyes:

Wait, I just noticed two holes, on the legs, just at the bottom of the sculpted landing gear doors on the VF-19 that might look like something could possibly peg into them. If Bandai were smart enough, they could possibly use that to attach the landing gear to. It actually does look like it from the pictures.

Basara-4.jpg

(Hope you don't mind me using your picture)

The front landing gear wouldn't be a problem as it could possibly clip into the cod piece hinge.

Edited by Actar

I think it's the best solution, all things considered. I'd rather have good looking cradle gear than shopping cart pug wheels.

really, because I think it's a laughable way of dealing with a problem that shouldn't have existed in the first place. The toy should have had plug in panels that you swap for fixed gears from the start. (they did it on the VF100's and they looked good, they're doing it on the VF-1 and it looks fine, why not here?)

But hey, at least you get landing gear at all right? Also fists and a stand base! the only other thing it needs is a clip to attach the gunpod in fighter mode and this web exclusive will have everything the toy should have come with in the first place! YAY!!! :D

(In case you're wondering, that was sarcasm <_< )

Looks like these are two sets; one for the sound booster and one for all the other junk.

The Sound booster, OK, fine. But seriously, I hate Bandai for not including the other stuff in the first place. It makes no sense. Even the fists, for god's sake.

Is the Blazer gonna come without a head?? How about just one leg? Why the hell not?? "Hey, let's make the wings exclusive!"

And no info on the price, nor release date.

This is the stuff I want, I have waited for for years (over a decade), and it makes me sick that I will be handing over money to these extortionist con-artists. Just Ban-die, already.

I really like it when a toy comes with all sorts of options and accessories, like much of the Revoltech stuff. Maybe I've grown a little too accustomed, but this is ridiculous. We're in Afterthought City here. I mean, it took an entire year for them to release the damn thing after the original announcement anyway! I cannot understand what happened.

I could probably figure out a way to fit the landing gears on without the base...

Anyway, I'll take it. Better than no landing gears at all. The display base is decent looking too.

I'm glad that the VF-1 is being done right. We'll see if the Blazer has improvements or simply rehashes the issues of the Fire Valkyrie.

Edited by Vifam7