-Mahoromatic

-Midori Days

-Aquarion

-Chobits

-Gravion

-Godannar

-Ikki Tousen

-Ikki Tousen Dragon Destiny

All of that will give you a general mixture or a well rounded budding anime fan.

Evangelion I heard was rough..so I prescreened it and only let him watch some episodes.

You... let him watch... just *choke* some episodes?? That is crazy talk, sir. Surely, you don't show someone half a mona lisa painting, even if he is a 14 year old. B))

I think I'm going to offer this piece of advice - read up on any of the titles mentioned in this thread before viewing with your son. Lest you get the "eyeballs going really big" sound. :lol:

And I say be a man, unless you truly do think Japanese kids are tougher than pansy-ass american kids.

And I say be a man, unless you truly do think Japanese kids are tougher than pansy-ass american kids.

Which generation of american kids?

Yeah the new ones suck.

If you want something to laugh at watch astro plan 9 from outer space. while making up your own dialogue.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

Which generation of american kids?

Yeah the new ones suck.

It's not their fault. They don't have G.I. Joe to tell them not to do drugs. Hell, they don't even have the freakin' Gobots, poor kids. Back in our day, we had Turbo Teen to tell us that if you were stupid enough to drive your car through a mad scientist invention, you "WILL" turn into said car if you try to take a shower. But kids now, have you seen the garbage they have for cartoons?

It's not their fault. They don't have G.I. Joe to tell them not to do drugs. Hell, they don't even have the freakin' Gobots, poor kids. Back in our day, we had Turbo Teen to tell us that if you were stupid enough to drive your car through a mad scientist invention, you "WILL" turn into said car if you try to take a shower. But kids now, have you seen the garbage they have for cartoons?

Technically I didn't have GI JOE. I had vhs tapes of Robotech, Transformers and Bravestar rented from the local video store. And yes I have seen charade that pass for cartoons. The creator of chowder should be punished. Same with the head of adult swim.

Technically I didn't have GI JOE. I had vhs tapes of Robotech, Transformers and Bravestar rented from the local video store. And yes I have seen charade that pass for cartoons. The creator of chowder should be punished. Same with the head of adult swim.

Actually, adult swim is one of the last bastions of old school sensability mixed with humor. Kids would do well to watch Venture Bros, The Boondocks, & Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

You... let him watch... just *choke* some episodes?? That is crazy talk, sir. Surely, you don't show someone half a mona lisa painting, even if he is a 14 year old. B))

No one ever looked the the Mona Lisa...then saw the end and said WTF?!?!? :huh::huh::huh::huh:

:) He has seen most of it...we started a while ago...maybe even all of it...and I think he did say WTF now that I think of it. :)

Back in our day, we had Turbo Teen to tell us that if you were stupid enough to drive your car through a mad scientist invention, you "WILL" turn into said car if you try to take a shower.

I'm kinda glad that I don't remember that...

Edited by shiroikaze

Does your kid have his own computer or access to one and is he on it unsupervised sometimes?

If yes, then he has probably already seen more behind your back than you would ever dare show him.

Hell, i remember even having seen "Tokyo Decadence" when i was like 11 or 12.

Edited by DarkReaper

Does your kid have his own computer or access to one and is he on it unsupervised sometimes?

If yes, then he has probably already seen more behind your back than you would ever dare show him.

Hell, i remember even having seen "Tokyo Decadence" when i was like 11 or 12.

I'm sure he has...but it sure would be awkward to sit father and son and watch something like that! :) PG-13...even light R is fine...but I'd like to make it not that awkward for either of us. :)

No one ever looked the the Mona Lisa...then saw the end and said WTF?!?!? :huh::huh::huh::huh:

:) He has seen most of it...we started a while ago...maybe even all of it...and I think he did say WTF now that I think of it. :)

Well... I do say WTF when viewing the Mona Lisa sometimes... "WTF, is she smiling or not???!" :p

Robotech Shadow Chronicles.

NNOOOO!!! Not that. Avoid that at all costs. That and Urotsukidōji.

On second thought, watch Urotsukidōji with your kid. I promise you, after that, there will be no more awkward moments. ever. :lol:

I like the Old Adult Swim better - I enjoyed watching shows like Blood+ which were broad-casted on the weekday late night lineup after a long day at work. The golden era in my opinion though was the late 90's early 2000's Toonami period:

...Big-O, Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star, ahh... the good times ^_^ .

The original AS shows are hit and miss, but generally I find the level of humor to be grossly retarded. I just don't find the level of pointless gore in ATHF, Metalocalypse, Superjail and the underwear humor of Tim&Eric entertaining at all. Venture Bros is mildly entertaining as it pays homage to classic cartoons. But apparently they have figured out that their original shows are more popular... but I'm sure they are more cost effective.

Edited by Ghost Train

Super Jail, Tom & Eeric, and other assorted random crap is INDEED crap. However, Venture Brothers, Boondocks, Aqua Teen, Robot Chicken, & Titan Maximum are all quite awesome. Metalocolypse is also occasionally entertaining.

How about a list of shows NOT to watch with your kid?

Lemme see...

Queen's Blade

Strike Witches

Ikki Tousen

Now and Then, Here and There (Most definitely do not watch this with your kid, unless he has a heart made of steel)

Bokurano (Ditto this one)

Kanokon

Probably more.

How about a list of shows NOT to watch with your kid?

Now and Then, Here and There (Most definitely do not watch this with your kid, unless he has a heart made of steel)

Grave of the Fireflies. Good movie, will pierce a hole in your heart.

Edited by shiroikaze