1/60 Model Details

Looking for a bit more help if anyone has some knowledge. I'm finishing up my PG GP-01FB (okay...70%...not really "finishing" :) ) I'm starting to work on the display and I'm realizing I'm going to want to build a bit of a diorama around it. I've got a few 1/60 figs that came with it, but I could use some more...I'm not finding any large amount of 1/60 detail kits to go with the PG's (which seems suprising with all the Yamato 1/60 stuff and Gundams) am I looking in the wrong places? I could use figures, vehicles...misc bits.

Thanks!

Looking for a bit more help if anyone has some knowledge. I'm finishing up my PG GP-01FB (okay...70%...not really "finishing" :) ) I'm starting to work on the display and I'm realizing I'm going to want to build a bit of a diorama around it. I've got a few 1/60 figs that came with it, but I could use some more...I'm not finding any large amount of 1/60 detail kits to go with the PG's (which seems suprising with all the Yamato 1/60 stuff and Gundams) am I looking in the wrong places? I could use figures, vehicles...misc bits.

Thanks!

You might have to make do with 1/72 scale stuff. There may be some things available 1/64 scale - which is a scale used with diecast minicars and S-gauge model trains.

1/60 is a scale that is just not popular. Yamato and Bandai are the only ones to have any kind of significant lineup using that scale and even then it's really not much compared to what's available in the 1/48 or 1/72 scale models community.

Exactly. 1/60 really is Gundam-only. I'm not sure if valkyries went with that scale to match the "mecha-scale" of 1/60, or if it was a fighter-mode compromise between 1/48 and 1/72 scale (the two main fighter jet scales).

Thanks!

PM sent.

Edited by Excillon

You folks all ROCK! Thanks for all the information. Well, I guess I have my work cut out for me. I was hoping to browse through all the 1/60 stuff for inspiration....now I need to take a look at 1/72...S-Guage...and even consider if Macross figs would work. It's nice to have options!

Many thanks!