Heavy Rain

Over the weekend, my brother picked up Heavy Rain for the PS3. So far, it's received a lot of high ratings from various gaming magazines. Looking at it, I keep thinking it's like Shenmue, only better. Why?

1. Unlike in Shenmue, you don't go out looking for sailors.

2. And unlike in Shenmue, there's a female shower scene.

Anyone here played this game yet?

Heavy Rain Trailer

Over the weekend, my brother picked up Heavy Rain for the PS3. So far, it's received a lot of high ratings from various gaming magazines. Looking at it, I keep thinking it's like Shenmue, only better. Why?

Heavy Rain Trailer

LOL, games being called "important".

Taksraven

Heavy Rain Trailer

The game is looking absolutely amazing but unfortunately have not played ittt yet and by the way wheres in the hell is SHENMUE 3 ............... come on sega how in the heck do you announce a trilogy get fans to get into and BUY the 1st two and all the storys building to an relying onnn the 3rd game, and can anyone that does not know be guessing what sega did .................. That is correct ................. THEY DID NOT MAKE THE 3RD GAME !!!!!!!!!!!

i thought FFXIII would be the important game?

Final Fantasy XIII will be important if the reviews proves it won't be "dumbed down" for xbox users.

As for Heavy Rain, Sorry fellow gamers,but from what I saw and read and what friends told me,it is a mere rip off of Max Payne and True Crime with a touch of The Getaway and we all know why this game is so over hyped,a woman is seen in underwear and guys say its an awesome game.

One of my friends said he beat this game quick so that means a short game.I will pass and wait to see how good FFXIII does for sales.

The game is looking absolutely amazing but unfortunately have not played ittt yet and by the way wheres in the hell is SHENMUE 3 ............... come on sega how in the heck do you announce a trilogy get fans to get into and BUY the 1st two and all the storys building to an relying onnn the 3rd game, and can anyone that does not know be guessing what sega did .................. That is correct ................. THEY DID NOT MAKE THE 3RD GAME !!!!!!!!!!!

Shenmue 3 isn't coming out because the first two cost way too damn much to make and only earned a fraction of it back. :(

...There's a male shower scene in Shenmue?

What Heavy Rain reminds me of are those interactive movie games back in the mid 90s... I've heard good things about the game but it's not exactly my cup of tea.

Interesting, sure. Innovative, maybe. Bold, certainly. Important? That's stretching it, to put it mildly. Important to whom? Sony? I have a feeling that God of War III and Final Fantasy XIII will have more of an impact in PlayStation land. Important to the "Games as Art" crowd? While Heavy Rain is definitely pushing some envelopes, I think most people already have picked their sides in that debate, and I don't really see it changing too many minds.

"Importance" thing aside, it's an amazing game. If you have a PS3, you owe it to yourself to play this one.

And I totally would, if there wasn't another big game in less than two weeks for the same console that I really want to play more.

Heavy Rain Trailer

Started playing on Tuesday (got it from Amazon on Monday and wanted to wait out the PS3 leap year fiasco). I'm enjoying it so far, even though I suck at QTE events :) and I did run into one of the hanging glitches noted by other players. If anyone is unsure whether to get it or not, try the demo since (at least, so far) it's very representative of the full game (sans nudity :) )

it's very representative of the full game (sans nudity :) )

I realize I'm going to sound like every sterotypical gamer when I ask this, but how much nudity is in the North American version? I know that Indigo Prophecy was a nerfed-down form of Fareinheight and I wonder how much was chopped out of Heavy Rain for the NA market.

Also, LOL'd at a game being described as "Important".

Graham

Give me a number a years and I'll get back to you on that. ;)

I realize I'm going to sound like every sterotypical gamer when I ask this, but how much nudity is in the North American version? I know that Indigo Prophecy was a nerfed-down form of Fareinheight and I wonder how much was chopped out of Heavy Rain for the NA market.

The only thing that's changed is the cover art. Nothing is censored as far as I know.

Well there's a bug that allows you to play as one of the female characters completely naked. There's also a shower scene, which would explain why there's a nude character model in game. So far though, I haven't heard of anything along the lines of Fahrenheit's interactive sex scenes. So believe it or not, Heavy Rain seems to be getting good reviews because of...well the gameplay. :p