Yamato Various Re-Releases?

Actar

It seems that various 1/60 Yamato Valks are getting re-released with new packaging!

Included are:

1/60 YF-21

1/60 YF-19

1/48 VF-1S Hikaru

1/48 VF-1S Roy

Not only that, it seems that the YF-21 will be an updated mold, sans the stand and fast packs.

Engrish description:

'- Had achieved a complete transformation of the threat deformation gimmick YF-21 sorties re-design a single package!

- VF series so far has been adopted by different deformation mechanism YF-21 features the largest storage of arms and legs.

- Boiled down to the limit deformation gimmick balance and proportion, as much as possible the thickness of the aircraft fuselage less

As we pursue the reality.

- The optional [Makurosusutando] and for the attachment, Forudobusuta even mounting legs for connection,

Of course it comes with, like it is aligned to correspond to each item in the display form.

- Was included with the initial production version [stand] and [Fasutopakku] omit the lower prices that

In addition, a new design according to the reproduction of this package! '

Has this been reported before?

it was posted in the SCOOPDA Thread yesterday.

and since this:

製品の内容・仕様については変更はございません。- "There is no modification concerning the contents specification of product." (preceded by a statement about when it was originally released)

...is part of the product description for the 1/48s and the YF-19, i'm guessing there won't be any modifications/improvements for the YF-21 either.

Edited by m0n5t3r

Have there been any improvements made for the YF-19?

Mine is a rather floppy mess but there is nothing wrong with the gunpod lining up, so I'm curious as to weather they tightened the arms and shoulders up since the first releases... :unsure:

not for me, goes in with a nice firm click. Just make sure the little tab towards the front of the gun goes in fully

On mine, it seems like it's one "big" click and then a more subtle second click to fully lock in, but yeah nice and tight and never fall out during barrel rolls, etc.

One thing I have noticed with my YF-21 (landing gear almost always out, matching the YF-19 facing it) is that the front landing gear flap tends to open up on it's own. It needs a small tab/nub behind it. Prolly never going to pull out my Gamlin's landing gear...

According to the offical site:

Old 1/48 Packing:

H370xW360xD140 (mm) = 18648 cm3 in volume

New 1/48:

370mmx290mm×130mm = 13949 cm3 in volume

Max VF-22S(for comparsion):

300mm×360mm×100mm = 10800 cm3 in volume

So the new packing has a similar face as the Max VF-22S box, but thicker. And the volume is reduced by 25%.

If the boxart is nice, I would get an extra Focker 1S.

Just to clarify, the YF-19 and YF-21 reissues will not come with FAST Packs etc.? Would they be eventually sold seperately?

I have the YF-19 with the Fast packs and fold booster thingy set and very much would like to purchase the YF-21 with FAST Packs too..

Missed out the last time because of other priorities..

Nice.. might be my chance to FINALLY get a 1/48 Roy :lol: Been waiting about 5 years to get one now.

I don't need any more YF-21/VF-22s, but I do want to get a VF-0S finally. And... while I dunno if I should, I might try my luck on another YF-19... just in the hopes of getting one with better shoulders and such.

Edited by Chronocidal

Any chance of a bigger pic? Wanted to make out what the right part of the text is talking about..is it about reissues of the fold booster and fast packs or does it say the new yf-19 reissue will fit the old fold booster and fast packs? Can anyone confirm it for me as I can't really see the text clearly..thanks!

Any chance of a bigger pic? Wanted to make out what the right part of the text is talking about..is it about reissues of the fold booster and fast packs or does it say the new yf-19 reissue will fit the old fold booster and fast packs? Can anyone confirm it for me as I can't really see the text clearly..thanks!

It just says you can add on the fold booster and/or fast packs (which are sold separately).

Anyone know if there's any changes to the VF-0s? I might be tempted to pick up another VF-0A if they actually did some improvements.

I would like to know this too. I saw that hlj is restocking next month and I wanted to know if the VF-0S with Ghost is still the only safe VF-0S to get. I lucked out with the VF-1S in that the shoulders didn't completely disintegrate on me out of the box but considering how much more expensive the other valks are I don't want to take any chances.

I would like to know this too. I saw that hlj is restocking next month and I wanted to know if the VF-0S with Ghost is still the only safe VF-0S to get. I lucked out with the VF-1S in that the shoulders didn't completely disintegrate on me out of the box but considering how much more expensive the other valks are I don't want to take any chances.

The 2008 Re Release of the VF-0S (non Ghost) is fine so I can't see why this re release would be busted unless Yamato has found some "Very Old" warehouse stock.

VF-0A on the other hand.... I'm going to assume they are ok but will wait for others to be the testers.

I can tell you guys who are wondering that my 21's guns click in perfectly in fighter mode without the fast packs. Everything else about my 21 was perfect too. Amazing toy. In regards to the YF-19, I recently got the blue and white "Double Nuts" version and it is very tight in all the right areas. Gun pod fits straight in fighter mode as well. I would venture to say you couldn't go wrong with either re-release. It does suck that they are not including the stand or fast packs with the 21. That's lame. I actually love the clear stand they packaged with the first 21. I use it for all modes. ^_^

From Yamato's official website(http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1599):

こちらは、2008年に発売した商品の本体単体商品となります。

「ファストパック装備」および「専用スタンド」は付属しませんのでご了承ください。

The above translated through google:

Here is a 2008 stand-alone product will be released in the body of the product year.

"Fasutopakku equipment" and "Stand" is not included Please note.

Thus guys, not just the stands, but also the FPs will not be included this time...

From Yamato's official website(http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1599):

こちらは、2008年に発売した商品の本体単体商品となります。

「ファストパック装備」および「専用スタンド」は付属しませんのでご了承ください。

The above translated through google:

Here is a 2008 stand-alone product will be released in the body of the product year.

"Fasutopakku equipment" and "Stand" is not included Please note.

Thus guys, not just the stands, but also the FPs will not be included this time...

How about the guns?

If the 1/60 Gamlin, Max and Millia VF-22s can be referenced, the guns should be included. Essentially they are just the original 21s with small modifications and with no FPs and stands as well.

Edited by BlueMax

To be specific... Stickers...

I don't suppose there's any chance of Yamato selling those new sticker sheets on their own? I really wish they would. The old ones sucked as they didn't hold well sometimes and were sort of thick. A couple came off my 19 during handling and I can't find where they went and there's no way for me to replace them.