VF1S free in a kiddie meal toy

JET7

just wanna share this to the macross community..

im from manila, a local food chain recently released this ROBOTECH Toy line as a freebie when you buy a meal..

its licensed from toynami.. but im pretty sure that some of the mold was taken from revoltech..

anyway, i hope you like my mod on the bare to ..you be the judge :)

left is the stock toy, right is my mod..

jollibee_vf1s003.jpg

jollibee_vf1s002.jpg

jollibee_vf1s011.jpg

jollibee_vf1s021.jpg

jollibee_vf1s022.jpg

jollibee_vf1s020.jpg

jollibee_vf1s018.jpg

jollibee_vf1s019.jpg

jollibee_vf1s024.jpg

jollibee_vf1s027.jpg

its the least i can do to the toy.. i do hope i have given it enough justice for the macross dyrl fans :)

thanks for looking

Wow, thanks for posting the pictures.

I'm a kano living outside of Manila in Olongapo/Subic.

What's the name of the fast food chain? Hopefully it's not Chow King, as I can't stand the food there. Ha, ha :lol:

Maybe we could have a PI MW Convention at some point.

Wow, thanks for posting the pictures.

I'm a kano living outside of Manila in Olongapo/Subic.

What's the name of the fast food chain? Hopefully it's not Chow King, as I can't stand the food there. Ha, ha :lol:

Maybe we could have a PI MW Convention at some point.

Well Chow King isn't Jollibee but Jollibee Foods Corporation does own Chow King. They also own Greenwich, Red Ribbon, Delifrance etc.

I may buy some after my hospital appointment.

Edited by RedWolf

How crazy that 20 years later, with no current tv series, Robotech makes it as a kid's meal toy. Incidentally, there was also a kid's meal Voltron toy in , I think, Australia and/or the Philippines that is scaled down Toynami Masterpiece. May be from the same food franchise since they seem to have a Toynami relationship going.

Why did this get moved to the "Other" forum? They're Macross/Robotech toys.

Because they're Robotech toys. Packaging says "Robotech Veritech Guardian". That's about as non-Macross as it gets. http://cybertronphils.proboards.com/index....0195&page=1

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...75&start=75

Because they're Robotech toys. Packaging says "Robotech Veritech Guardian". That's about as non-Macross as it gets. http://cybertronphils.proboards.com/index....0195&page=1

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...75&start=75

Better get that Toynami Regult thread out of the toy forum then. ;)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=32529

Edited by eriku

Just bought them.

Looking at it closely as usual as with kiddie toys it is Made in China.

Roy Battroid

Exclusively of Jollibee Food Corp

Made in China

at the lest leg of the Roy Battroid. I didn't inspect mine closely it is missing the gunpod. It is a brick as it can only swivel shoulder-arm and hip-leg connections. Strike Pack barrels can swivel.

Millia Fighter

It rolls and swivels its wings. Its strike pack is different from the Battroid. On the right wing reads Harmony Gold USA Inc. On the left wing same as above. Exclusively of Jollibee Food Corp Made in China.

Max Gerwalk

Like the Millia Fighter it can swivel its wings. Half of its pack is identical to the Milia one. The other half well is an annoying missile launcher. Another annoying thing is the piece below the nose cone. Gerwalk can only swivel its legs and is armless. The lettering under the wings is the same as above.

A little bit of local toy history. The last time there was a toy promotion with Gerwalks and Battroids was tiny plastic model toys included with Enervon C syrup vitamins in 1989 or 1990. Shocker is it did not run under the Macross or Robotech brands but promoted as Battletech. The ones I had as a kid were the Tomahawk/Warhammer and Land Air Mech Gerwalk with arms and a Battroid mode.

Edited by RedWolf

A little bit of local toy history. The last time there was a toy promotion with Gerwalks and Battroids was tiny plastic model toys included with Enervon C syrup vitamins in 1989 or 1990. Shocker is it did not run under the Macross or Robotech brands but promoted as Battletech. The ones I had as a kid were the Tomahawk/Warhammer and Land Air Mech Gerwalk with arms and a Battroid mode.

Damn. The Philippines must be THE major front in the War of Macross License Hell.

Vitamins, huh? What a weird place for Battletech unseens to show up.

Oh, these are too much fun! My kids and a couple of their friends would absolutely love them (and so would I, for that matter)! Too bad the chain isn't in the northeast US.