1/100 Toynami Regult

ff95gj

I haven't been keeping up on any Macross news, so I had no idea about the FREAKING GLAUG! and I just ordered the Regult.

I think Toynami may have redeemed itself. Make the rest of the enemy mecha. I'll buy the Valks to go with them, no matter how crappy they are compared to the Yamato 1/60s. Yamatos are just too expensive for me to buy in bulk and this 1/100 scale gives me the chance to have one of each. I'll always keep my lovely 1/60 v2 Cannon Fodder as my centerpiece, though.

My horrible Hobby Master/Century Wings die-cast plane habit needs to be fed, too. It's awful.

Get the 1/100 Hi-Metal Bandai VF-1s if the toynami 1/100s are too crappy for you.

I love the sculpt of my Battle Pod but the glue job is so bad. So far I've broken the leg and now the foot.

Yeah - That happens because the parts are painted, then glued. The glue won't bind well on painted surfaces.

One of my daughter's little friends who loves my mecha toys was playing with my Missile Regult, and he popped one of the glued knee parts. The look of horror on his face was priceless! :D I told him not to worry, and had it fixed up in about 10 minutes.

Yeah - That happens because the parts are painted, then glued. The glue won't bind well on painted surfaces.

One of my daughter's little friends who loves my mecha toys was playing with my Missile Regult, and he popped one of the glued knee parts. The look of horror on his face was priceless! :D I told him not to worry, and had it fixed up in about 10 minutes.

Ha ha! I got a pretty funny mental image of that!

Yeah the same thing happened with me the first time the leg came off. My poor nephew was nearly in tears.

Has any one heard word about when we can expect the Light Artillery Battle Pod? I haven't been able to find any thing about it online.

I'd also be interested in an update on the Exclusive DYRL Heavy Missile Regult as well.

http://photos.actionfigs.com/robotech/p54165-robotech.html

Edited by AcroRay

Hey could someone post a few pics with these 1/100 Regults next to the Yamato VF-1 1/60 V2 for me. I want to see they look group enough for the fudgit scale.

A 1/6 is much taller. I haven't taken any shots with it an a 1/60, but I did compare it to a couple of 1/100 items and a 3&3/4" Matchbox Zentraedi figure back in the thread here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=32529&view=findpost&p=836485

I friend of mine recently returned from Denver, and managed to get himself one of these Regults. I mean no offense to anyone that has one, but when first looking at it I was reminded of those old vinyl toys from the 90's.

Just doesn't look like to have any of that crisp hard edge tech development of recent toys from Japan. With that said I would still probably buy one.

I friend of mine recently returned from Denver, and managed to get himself one of these Regults. I mean no offense to anyone that has one, but when first looking at it I was reminded of those old vinyl toys from the 90's.

Just doesn't look like to have any of that crisp hard edge tech development of recent toys from Japan. With that said I would still probably buy one.

nor does it cost $400+ dollars.... :blink: It simply is what it is. A cheap shelf warmer. But get a few together, throw some simple weathering/detailing on them and they don't look half bad next to Yammy 1:60 ver 2's.

Edited by derex3592

I think it's supposed to have a distinct 'anime' look to it, rather than more modern-styled renderings that has a lot of mechanical textures added. It has an 80s feel, to me. Very true to the earliest line-art.

I'm really pleased with what I see of the Glaug!!!

I brought in an original resin painted sample of Officer's Battle Pod (Glaug), Light artillery Battlepods, and 1/100 scale GBP Armored sets as for our 2011 release preview.

Glaug was on display for first time in general public, and I had many good responses.

I also had a Toy discussion panel with Save and Egan. It was a great event.

Just like I said before if you make it macfans will buy them!!!! :rolleyes:

I have gotta score more.

Standard battlepods and that Glaug will look soooo good in my display case.

Gotta get two of those micro-missle pods, and one Glaug.

Yeah, I'm a Macross fan, a Mospeada fan and a Robotech fan. I'm a living enigma. B))

Don't sweat it I've got all three shows in the original Japanese format on DVD, and toys from each but Southern Cross.

Not to mention Gungrave DVD/action figure,

Crusher Joe DVD/Minerva

And a slew of others, too many to name/wrong thread.

• 1 month later...