1/100 Toynami Regult

ff95gj

Got home today from work to find my Comic-con DYRL Regult waiting for me :D

post-11581-128201186563_thumb.jpgpost-11581-12820118333_thumb.jpg

Nice. But I like the original, folded CARRIE poster better. And some of those Japanese movies. =D

Anyone have a movie screenshot of the greenish Regult from the DYRL? To me, the toy looks too green or something...

Nice. But I like the original, folded CARRIE poster better. And some of those Japanese movies. =D

Anyone have a movie screenshot of the greenish Regult from the DYRL? To me, the toy looks too green or something...

I was watching DYRL? last night, and thinking the same thing. I guess there aren't too many scenes with a Regult in plain view.

Thanks I been meaning to put that poster up with the other horror and old film ones i got. :)

I couldnt get a screencap but when Hikaru and co first encounter the regults and fire off that first missile volley you can see a regult close to the screen,the face should be abit whiter and the green on the body should be more dark,but hey still cool.

I always thought that the "DYRL colors" for the regult was more of a lighting effect but it's perfect to have them as con exclusives. I won't be going to SDCC anymore though.

Except I never believed in the green regult! lol. I was just showing where the reference came from... :D

i reckon MaidenJapan/Toynami got the colors wrong since the turrets and arms were blue from both mine and Exo's snaps. :o:blink:

Of course... The animation in Macross has always been an absolute paragon of consistency. :rolleyes:

I think the blue you see is intended to be light reflecting on metallic surfaces. They're all rather distorted looking as well.

Do you really have to ask??

Fair enough. The real question, I suppose, will be; What color green will they chose? Will it be a darker green like you see in the DYRL? screenshots, a lighter green like what you see in the Macross Mecha Manual, or something in between like the SDCC exclusive?

I'll end it at this since this post doesn't even belong here. I apologize for my newbness.

Edited by Old Man

AGREED! anybody got any idea of the release date?

I just bought a few things from one of the Regult sculptors. He did tell me the Glaug is coming too! I thought it was just a rumor!

Can't wait for the light missile Regults. Hopefully they'll do the scouts too!

I'm really hoping for some Inbits too.

I haven't been keeping up on any Macross news, so I had no idea about the FREAKING GLAUG! and I just ordered the Regult.

I think Toynami may have redeemed itself. Make the rest of the enemy mecha. I'll buy the Valks to go with them, no matter how crappy they are compared to the Yamato 1/60s. Yamatos are just too expensive for me to buy in bulk and this 1/100 scale gives me the chance to have one of each. I'll always keep my lovely 1/60 v2 Cannon Fodder as my centerpiece, though.

My horrible Hobby Master/Century Wings die-cast plane habit needs to be fed, too. It's awful.

Edited by HoveringCheesecake