Iron Man 2 Toyline

Anyone else buying the new Iron Man 2 toys? The street date is 3/1, but some stores have been putting these figures out on shelves early. I got my hands on them and I have to say, I never thought a Marvel Universe Iron Man figure would be outdone by one from this line, but it's happened. The classic armor outdoes the Marvel Universe version pretty bad, surprisingly. I want the red/gold retool WITH the Ditko pointy mask.

I got the movie version of War Machine recently and reviewed it:

Iron Man 2 Movie War Machine Reviewed

I think it's a great figure. I LOVE how unlike Rise of Cobra, Hasbro is making waves for both movie, AND comic characters! This is how it should always be done. Picking one over the other misses out on potential sales. Anyways, there are more comic armors to be released this year, including comic Iron Monger, Silver Centurion Armor, Vault Guardsmen, Titanium Man, modern armor, et al. Recon armor and Silver Centurion are nearing Marvel Legends articulation, as the prototypes have an ab crunch in addition to waist swivel, AND double jointed elbows! Let's hope they make it to final production that way too.

On a whim I picked up War Machine(comic book) and Original Iron Man. Very very nice figures. I'm surprised at how detailed and articulated they are for their size. I like the translucent "weapon action" accessories quite a bit too.

I think I like that movie War Machine you have better. Going to keep an eye out for that. For comic WM I think I would have preferred the shoulder pads be a part of the arm instead of connected to the torso. The figure doesn't look right if you try to raise the arms. Given how much the figure's doing right, I can easily forgive that.

Also, I almost picked up Iron Monger because it looked quite a bit better than the movie 1 figure I have. Is it as good as it looks?

On a whim I picked up War Machine(comic book) and Original Iron Man. Very very nice figures. I'm surprised at how detailed and articulated they are for their size. I like the translucent "weapon action" accessories quite a bit too.

I think I like that movie War Machine you have better. Going to keep an eye out for that. For comic WM I think I would have preferred the shoulder pads be a part of the arm instead of connected to the torso. The figure doesn't look right if you try to raise the arms. Given how much the figure's doing right, I can easily forgive that.

Also, I almost picked up Iron Monger because it looked quite a bit better than the movie 1 figure I have. Is it as good as it looks?

I too, like the translucent effects, they are very well done on comic series War Machine. I agree with what you said about comic War Machine's shoulder pads; the movie series version has pads that function the same way. The drawback is how the pads look when up, but the advantage is that they aren't prone to popping off like on the mk II/III armors.

Iron Monger is a good figure. Has nice heft. The articulation is good for a big figure too. One reason some fans prefer him to the 2nd version from the 1st line, is that this one features an articulated head. The paint job is subtle, I didn't even notice that he actually has some blue paint apps until someone else pointed it out to me. It's done pretty well. Also, this one has ball jointed hands which makes for some cool poses.

Sure it might not be to scale with the other figures, but it's decent. The paint apps definitely make it pop out more than the 1st movie versions.

Nick Fury Goes GI Joe - GI Joe News

Iron Man 2 Power Up Glow Mark VI Armor Revealed - Toyark News

New Iron Man 2 Movie Series Figures Revealed - Toyark News

Iron Man 2 Movie Series War Machine Variant Found - Toyark News

I have both movie series wave 1 and comic series wave 1. Great line so far, and I am looking forward to Silver Centurion in the summer! The prototype has bicep swivels, ab crunch(I think) AND double jointed elbows! That's pretty close to Marvel Legends style articulation!

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Hey are they supposed to be having 6 inch figures like from the last movie, or or they just making the 3 3/4 ones for iron man two, anyone know ???????????????

New 6" figures will be available exclusively from Walmart. However, there is a new 6" figure 3 pack coming to TRU as an exclusive set as well, this one has repaints from the 1st line while the Walmart figures are all new.

I picked up the Mark I today. Much better detailed than the movie 1 line's 6" figure. Much better sculpted too so that the legs look more natural. It's hard to imagine someone actually wearing the Mark I armor from the previous line without getting a severe case of bow-legging. The 3.75" figure doesn't have that problem, and it looks more like someone in a welder worksuit wearing armor, and the paint deco does a good job of showing that unlike the previous movie line figure.

Unfortunately the flame thrower accessory SUCKS. It's a ridiculously large for the figure missile launcher. Thankfully it's not needed to complete the look of the figure as it's pretty complete as is. It still bums me out because I was expecting an action accessory as cool as the ones that came with Comic War Machine and Comic Origin.

Also picked up a Marvel 3.75" Silver Centurion. It's decent, but it looks a little too comic booky.

Edited by Alpha OTS

I saw the first series a few months ago. The new comic version of Iron Man is sweet and it's actually a different mold than the classic IM from Marvel Universe.

Did they drop the price on them? I saw the newer wave last night as TRU and they were only 6.99

I saw the first series a few months ago. The new comic version of Iron Man is sweet and it's actually a different mold than the classic IM from Marvel Universe.

Did they drop the price on them? I saw the newer wave last night as TRU and they were only 6.99

Yes, price all around is $6.96 at Walmart, $6.99 at Target/TRU. TRU has slashes prices on other Hasbro lines too, figures for Star Wars, GI Joe, and Marvel Universe are now $6.99 too.

Kmart has IM2 figures for $8.99.

New 6" figures will be available exclusively from Walmart. However, there is a new 6" figure 3 pack coming to TRU as an exclusive set as well, this one has repaints from the 1st line while the Walmart figures are all new.

hey cool thanks man, the looking forward to the six inch size for this series and i have a few from last film and they are not that bad, the heavys artillery armors from the concept series was a very cool figure ..................

Finally got some of these guys, tonight. Had to go an hour away, because the local wal-mart is useless. (they can't keep the grocery isles stocked, either) I thought I got the four figures I was most interested. Grabbed the wrong Mk. VI. Got the one with the stupid little light, instead of the one with the good articulation.

Anyway. The detail is awesome on these little guys. Movie War Machine looks great, in this scale. I might have to pick up the helmetless one, when those come out, so I can have one with weapons on both hard points. The oversized gun/launcher just looks silly. Comic War Machine looks great, too. But, I'm not sure about the black washed gun-blue look. Debating repainting it.

I haven't depackaged the Mk. VI, yet. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it. I'll either return it for a regular Mk. VI, or hold onto it until the Tony head version is released, and have swappable heads for the good body. If, I'm going to return it, I should probably stop playing with the stupid light....

Definitely great sculpts for this new line. A few of the figures I've opened have ridiculously tight joints. The only real problem I've had is finding figures with descent paints jobs. Most figures I've seen from multiple stores have smudging or just plain careless paint applications. Thus, I'm still looking for a clean version of the Mark III, IV, and VI.

Was just curious, i know Walmart and Target tend to have their exclusives..... but whether its iron man, gi joe, star wars, or whatever. I noticed in my area walmart and target seem to coordinate on NOT having the same wave of toys in stock at the same time. If its not outright different, they even seem to purposely put out only a small amount of the same wave of toys to purposely not compete. What pisses me off is that some waves are entirely missed or ignored. In the case of Iron Man 2 figures, the ones at Target are almost entirely different than the ones at Walmart (3 3/4 sized) . I also have not seen the 6" figures as well were these coming out at a later time?

Was just curious, i know Walmart and Target tend to have their exclusives..... but whether its iron man, gi joe, star wars, or whatever. I noticed in my area walmart and target seem to coordinate on NOT having the same wave of toys in stock at the same time. If its not outright different, they even seem to purposely put out only a small amount of the same wave of toys to purposely not compete. What pisses me off is that some waves are entirely missed or ignored. In the case of Iron Man 2 figures, the ones at Target are almost entirely different than the ones at Walmart (3 3/4 sized) . I also have not seen the 6" figures as well were these coming out at a later time?

6" figures are set for later in spring but I'm not sure which month. The 6" suitcase armor looks BAD ASS, way better than the smaller version:

http://www.toyark.com/news/marvel-toy-news...ase-armor-2464/

Saw the huge display at Target and took a quick peek. I would like a non-spoilery answer to this question if possible:

Comparing them side by side (3.75in versions), the only difference I could see between Mk IV and VI is the chest. Is that correct, or are the toys inaccurate?

Saw the huge display at Target and took a quick peek. I would like a non-spoilery answer to this question if possible:

Comparing them side by side (3.75in versions), the only difference I could see between Mk IV and VI is the chest. Is that correct, or are the toys inaccurate?

Toy-wise you are correct and the paint is a bit different in tone(reds). As for the movie..don't know if both toys are entirely accurate.

I bet there is some accuracy issues, as shown on the Mark V. Saw the toy, thought it was pretty cool and picked one up. Panel lined it and awesome looking. Then went to look at the new Ironman 2 trailer, and saw the real thing in the movie...then go "Wait! thats not the Mark V I bought?!" :lol: