MW SoCal Get together

OK, called the restaurant, and they'll accomodate the group as much as possible. If there ends up being slightly more or less, not a problem. Plan on bringing cash for the lunch, and it can be a bit of a hassle having 12 people, and multiple people paying w/ cards (usually guilty of that). So far, we are at 12 count. That could go up or down by a couple. Looking to be a good group of guy (and gals if I missed any wanting to attend.)

sounds like a good group, can you also let me know who's gonna come over to my house afterwards? Maybe i'll do BBQ if people are willing to pitch in a few bucks. or we can do pizza

Bee, if you can do me a favor and pm me your address so that I have it written down, or text it to me so I can give those going the info. I'm cool with Pizza, as it would be easier for any number of people, and perhaps an early (earlier poker game) Can't stay out too late for me, as I got work early morning. Some people will be bringing some cool stuff, so that'll be fun. And if it's same day as the Bay area meet, I'm sure we'll all be sharing pics, so I'll have a camera, looking like a tourist in my hometown. Hahaha.

Lost track but did we say when the festivities begin?

I think we're gonna meet at noon for lunch at Curry house. I think I gave the address, but for those that don't have it, it's

Curry House

123 Astronaut E S Onizuka St, #204, Los Angeles, CA

2nd level inside Weller Court, noon, for some Deculture

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for coming out, and spending the day with the group. It was a great time getting to see some of the faces to the handles here, and to just relax and share a couple pitchers of biru with everyone. Thanks to everyone for bringing stuff, and sharing cool stuff, and thanks to Maiden Japan for bringing the item for us to look at. Definitely a great time with some great people. We'll have to do it again more often. I only tood one pic, and will put it up tomorrow when I get home from work.

Deculcha!!!

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for coming out, and spending the day with the group. It was a great time getting to see some of the faces to the handles here, and to just relax and share a couple pitchers of biru with everyone. Thanks to everyone for bringing stuff, and sharing cool stuff, and thanks to Maiden Japan for bringing the item for us to look at. Definitely a great time with some great people. We'll have to do it again more often. I only tood one pic, and will put it up tomorrow when I get home from work.

Deculcha!!!

Yes, very cool time. And I probably should've bought the Mospeada book...

Yes, very cool time. And I probably should've bought the Mospeada book...

It's a great book even if just for reference material and the sort, but the lineart can be somewhat small. Still, I think just about everyone bought something at Kinokuniya. That was fun, showing up in full force.

• 2 weeks later...

I almost forgot. Here's the one pic I took of the group. Good turnout with some great guys. Till next decultcha! In the pic are Tom Bateman, NightmareB4macross, Bobe-Patt, Bigkid24, Maiden Japan, Gubaba, Mitch, and Sktch's arm. I'm behind the camera. Should've taken pics of Bee's house and the small shindig there. Nice display of collections and a great discussion of "things coming in the near future". Poker was a blast as well.

post-582-1269963963_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jasonc

I almost forgot. Here's the one pic I took of the group. Good turnout with some great guys. Till next decultcha! In the pic are Tom Bateman, NightmareB4macross, Bobe-Patt, Bigkid24, Maiden Japan, Gubaba, Mitch, and Sktch's arm. I'm behind the camera. Should've taken pics of Bee's house and the small shindig there. Nice display of collections and a great discussion of "things coming in the near future". Poker was a blast as well.

and if you look closely behind the glass door, Lance is sitting outside with the last copy of Macross the first! :lol: