Prometheus - on Blu-Ray and DVD Oct. 9, 2012

Pish! The real Mobile Infantry would make mincemeat of Xenomorphs.

If the book version of starship troopers was used it would only be 20 minutes, and consist of "deploy from drop pods, hey we found this girl, picked up signals of other colonists, roast chest burster with built in flamer, fight off xenomorphs hand to hand using suits strength, fire grenade launchers, lose maybe one or two troopers to acid fall back, mini nuke site, call retrieval ship, THE END. :rolleyes:

EDIT: as for a star wars/aiens crossover, the only thing preventing it is lucas's creative control. Both are Fox products. That still hasn't prevented little easter eggs from popping up in the comics/books.(a xeno drinking at a bar in the rogue squadron phantom ship arc, the narcissus escape pod parked in mos eisley in the crossection book, one of the things inside the sarlaac in tag and binks) None of the appearances are canon though. Just like the 2001 pod being in watto junkyard.

Edited by renegadeleader1

And that's precisely what happened at the end of Aliens: all of them erased from existence because of a nuke blast – end of story: no 3, no 4, no AvP and no need for a prequel: I told you!

And that's precisely what happened at the end of Aliens: all of them erased from existence because of a nuke blast – end of story: no 3, no 4, no AvP and no need for a prequel: I told you!

I wouldn't say erased from existence, as the aliens were not native to LV-426. They were on a space vessel which had crashed there, remember? So humanity would be bound to run into them again sooner or later. Just not in 3 or 4.

I wouldn't say erased from existence, as the aliens were not native to LV-426. They were on a space vessel which had crashed there, remember? So humanity would be bound to run into them again sooner or later. Just not in 3 or 4.

No. This vessel was unique and its cargo the only specimens of a genetically engineered specie: once both gone there can be no more aliens.

My friend with the small size and the green skin told me this from his UFO last night, and I believe him...

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:11 PM

And yet we're getting the Colonial Marines game which will take place in the Sulanco AND Hadley's Hope on LV-426. Even the teaser trailer seemed to of suggested that there could of been some that had survived the Nuke blast.

Let's not forget, Hadley's Hope lost contact weeks prior to Ripley and the Marines arriving. Who knows, maybe they would migrate into other parts of the planet and start their own colonies? I seemed to remember that the Xenomorphs tend to evolve into different states to eventual Queen proportions if needed.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised this hasn't been put on the forums yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus_(film)

Personal opinion, I have both hopes and doubts about it. My hopes is that Ridley Scott will do good things with this prequel, that I finally get to see space jockey's in action, and that the new alien design will be scary as hell. I want to be cringing in my seat from suspenseful horror if it goes just right. Now my doubts. There's been a flood of prequels, sequels, remakes, and generally unoriginal ideas coming out in 2011 and 2012 from Hollywood that it's getting pretty sickening. Prometheus would be on that list following a tiresome list of bad sequels and crossovers. It may not even be a rated-R film by the time of release either since Scott is doing both R and PG13 cuts. It's going to be a major buzzkill if it was released as a PG13 film and then the R-rated cuts were saved to DVD - I want my violence and gore in the dark, foreboding theatre, damnit! Anyways, that's my two cents.

• 4 months later...

They're legit. There was a blurred version of the cover not long ago. People suspected the cylinders on the ground could of been alien eggs so now it's either decoration or something else.

The sets despite the giant head seem to be very similar to the resin shapes of the aliens goo or of the derelict ship. Either case I'm excited to see this!

Although this is shaping up to be epic, I can't shake the feeling that we're being trolled with extreme prejudice at the moment.

First alien by film's end but no xenomorph ... ?

Not connected to the Alien film franchise... but it's about the Space Jockey ??? :blink:

Personally, I don't agree with the vast majority of Erich von Däniken's ideas, particularly attributing ET's as the engineers for various architectural and engineering feats performed by ancient humans. If God forbid the world were to reboot next year, some futuristic human scholar rebuilding his/her civilization from scratch would have certainly attributed my Yammi transforming VF-1 as the work of Grays from Zeta Reticuli!

I'm willing to ignore this for the sake of an epic scifi horror film though.