1/72 Wave Tomahawk

ahiachris

I recently got the Galient Wave figure and I have to say its the best collectable I've ever owned / seen. I will post pics of it soon.

So I was nervous this was going to be a must have - its not. Phew (for my wallet).

First - I do love the green visor, excellent. And the whole thing looks very high quality --

But I've always thought the Tomahawk can look "froggy" if not done right. You have to place the emphasis on the green visor being the EYES like Skull-1, and de-emphasize the top 2 machine guns. If the top guns are too pronounced they become the eyes visually, and the visor becomes a big frog mouth. Below is a pic from the anime where you don't even see the 'eye' guns and it looks much better.

Well WAVE - we have a walking frog IMO. The Yamato does a slightly better job here. If I have the extra funds though, your Galient has won me over and I will buy it if at all possible.

PS - What is this feature here of it closing from the bottom? I like the protecting-the-pilot idea but he really becomes Kermit then. I did see this little scope go up in the line art but do not know its function. what about a working fog light?

post-8486-1266418736_thumb.jpg

post-8486-1266419197_thumb.jpg

PS - What is this feature here of it closing from the bottom? I like the protecting-the-pilot idea but he really becomes Kermit then. I did see this little scope go up in the line art but do not know its function. what about a working fog light?

Or a device allowing to look behind? Or maybe something similar (in terms of function) to the AH64 Apache's radar/optronic ball (above the rotor - the helo flies below treetop level but keeps the ability to see above the treetops in order to fire missiles without being exposed) ?

This kit is crying out for brass turned and drilled barrels. Then they need to point forward and level versus sticking up like a crab's eyes (or Kermit's) ^_^ I think it looks pretty good personally. - MT

Who has the pic of the Tommy crashed against the side of the building / green visor with a bullet hole in it?

Minmei is below stepping out of a car or something on the street below.

If I remember right it accomplished my point above - of having the visor appear as the eyes and not the mouth.

I 'Google Images' trying to find it and came up with nothing . . .

But I've always thought the Tomahawk can look "froggy" if not done right. You have to place the emphasis on the green visor being the EYES like Skull-1, and de-emphasize the top 2 machine guns. If the top guns are too pronounced they become the eyes visually, and the visor becomes a big frog mouth. Below is a pic from the anime where you don't even see the 'eye' guns and it looks much better.

Well WAVE - we have a walking frog IMO. The Yamato does a slightly better job here. If I have the extra funds though, your Galient has won me over and I will buy it if at all possible.

I would just leave those guns off. Heck, if you look at the scene from the series I can't even see where they would fit the guns - the breeches would have to sit where the pilot sits or have to pass through if he/she is lifted up when the hatch opens.

This kit is crying out for brass turned and drilled barrels. Then they need to point forward and level versus sticking up like a crab's eyes (or Kermit's) ^_^ I think it looks pretty good personally. - MT

Yeah He does have the Kermit the Frog Looking face. BUT you can fix that. The face on the Tommy is more square around the top of the Jaw( above the Green visor) So its possiable to sand it more square, When I build the kit, I will have to do that. This is the kit thats going to make me buy a new Air Brush and Paints and supplies and get me to have my Paints sent from Louisiana. Also I am and have been producing Decals for this while I have been wating for it to be released.

Who has the pic of the Tommy crashed against the side of the building / green visor with a bullet hole in it?

Minmei is below stepping out of a car or something on the street below.

If I remember right it accomplished my point above - of having the visor appear as the eyes and not the mouth.

I 'Google Images' trying to find it and came up with nothing . . .

DarrinG thats me, I am making that Diorama when these guys come out. Here is the Decals i am working on for this Diorama. And yes I plan on Relaseing them for Sale. Here is the Pic I think your looking for too. Notice the Torso Decal and the Yellow Leg Markings. I am going to do this Kit and Diorama Justice. I could NOT bring myself to Bashing the heck out of one of Johns Kits for this. But for the Wave Kit its worth it.

( now I need to ask Mechtech, IF he can commision the Car in 1/72 scale for my diorama :D I will have to pay him nicely 8)

post-1578-1266515913.jpg

post-1578-1266515926_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1266516449_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ranger565

SWEET! Always LOVED that shot! Good luck on the diorama. How much for one? Easier to do 2 at once yes? ( half-kidding, you could sell me the one you like least )

Can't wait to see the inner detail where the right arm has been blasted off!

See what I mean though - in that pic the green looks like an eye visor like Skull1, that's how the Tommy looks cool and avoids the Kermit syndrome . . .

WAVE - The green visor is his EYES - not mouth . . .

It certainly looks better with the guns tucked away. But, all the lineart pictures I've seen of the Tomahawk has the guns stuck out look. Even Yamato's toy has it this way.

Admittedly I'm not a big fan of the Tomahawk but I'm not understanding all the complaints on this model.

DAMN YOU!!! I HATE YOU!!! :angry:

:) Jokes aside, you're right. I actually didn't noticed this TomaFROG until you point out about how the 2 MGs look like eyes of Kermit.

Anyway, you just saved me $100. I was going to pre-order this until your comment.

Also, this is an KIT, NOT a completed toy. Kinda expensive for a kit. I got my 1/100 Volks KOGs kits for Y3,000 each. And those KOGs are much bigger in real size.

I recently got the Galient Wave figure and I have to say its the best collectable I've ever owned / seen. I will post pics of it soon.

So I was nervous this was going to be a must have - its not. Phew (for my wallet).

First - I do love the green visor, excellent. And the whole thing looks very high quality --

Edited by blacklotus

You guys have to admit, the kit is NOT that bad.

Now its NOT Johns Kit and that I rate with the Highest regards. But its a nice kit, if it were not for John and for Wave, we would be looking at the old IMAI kit only. Just like any other kit we can modify and make what we feel is the best. Since the Kit does not come out until June, that gives me time to buy the Materials to work on the building for my Diorama.

That would be interesting to see. I look forward to it.

Sorry Rob just went back in read that, I sound like a jerk. Did not mean it that way. I was having a bad night, and I took it out on something dumb. please forgive. Your right its does look not right, but I can fix it, I know I can.

Carl

yeah I hear it 60-70 bucks for the kit. I know why you guys are calling it jar jar and Kermit. Its the Front guns. they are up like a frogs eyes and jar jars. I know how to make this thing work. I have pre ordered 4. I know I have a while but I know I will be making this kit look pretty damn awsome when I am done.

I've been off MW for a while so I'm catching up. The Tommy would look great with these: http://www.brookhursthobbies.com/Product-L...amp;M=&Cat=

Or 1/48th scale (they also make them, I have some). I think it would look great. And if you're going to blow it to kingdom come as in the picture, the dimensions on the model are a mute point anyhow.

If you do get serious about the car, let me know. I might be able to squeeze it in. I just saw one get blown up watching it with my children tonight. Six wheeled cars are just asking to be blown up anyhow :lol: - MT

RANGER 565 - do you have any pics of dioramas you've done?

I'm anxious to see how you're going to go about this classic scene . . .

Actually no i dont. I wish I did, Most of my old Dioramas are back in Louisiana. I am however going to start construction of the Buildings and get my supplies very soon. I just need to do some research. I am working on the Decals now. thats takes lots of time in itself. So I have to study the picture alot. take notes, and start looking for parts. I will show you a pic of a kit I did a long time ago and I can promise you it will look very good. Just give you an Idea of the detail

I've been off MW for a while so I'm catching up. The Tommy would look great with these: http://www.brookhursthobbies.com/Product-L...amp;M=&Cat=

Or 1/48th scale (they also make them, I have some). I think it would look great. And if you're going to blow it to kingdom come as in the picture, the dimensions on the model are a mute point anyhow.

If you do get serious about the car, let me know. I might be able to squeeze it in. I just saw one get blown up watching it with my children tonight. Six wheeled cars are just asking to be blown up anyhow :lol: - MT

MechTech The guns will be perfect. Nice brass to allow me to edit them. The problem with the Wave Guns is that they are sticking up and thats whats wrong with the Head. if you were to lay them flat on the face like they are supposed to be it will look like a different kit. Also I need to square the top of the visor and bottom jaw a little more, then it will look correctly. I will have to cut and remove the shoulder and arm, but a bullet hole in the face plate and riddle it with bullet holes. So see how I can make damage to a Kit i will show you. Its all in the OIL Paints a person use. Thats right Artist Oils, Such Burnt umber and Black. Can find them in your local Craft stores.

I know some of you have seen these pics but it will give you an idea of battle damage I can create.

Thanks Mech, it wont be for a few months, but I will Pay for the car if possiable to have it made. Thank you very much.

post-1578-1267073574_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1267073595_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1267074114_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1267074382_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1267074442_thumb.jpg