VF-25 design lineage.

VF5SS

I don't think that's really preference, I think it's so they can make the CG models work without "anime magic."

Actually he designed them "slim" to allow for the bulk of the Armor pack. All previous designs had internal ordinance. The VF-25s were akin to the earlier VF designs were the ordinance was external.

Actually he designed them "slim" to allow for the bulk of the Armor pack. All previous designs had internal ordinance. The VF-25s were akin to the earlier VF designs were the ordinance was external.

True, true...

But it seems to me that getting a "real" transformation must also have been of it...just as the VF-0 had those skinny little arms and thin, thin legs.

Take this for what it's worth. Personally I like all the callbacks.

I disagree with the VF-14 leg. There's nothing alike between the two. Now, if you compare the intake to a VF-0's, then you got something.

The other parts look OK.

Right I know it's all Kawamori, but I recall a lot animosity towards the VF-25 at first. Some even said it was a reworked Sv-51 so I just wanted to point out a lot of the Macross 7 era styling and detail to the VF-25. I think it makes it seem a lot more legit as the next generation Valkyrie.

Now, if you compare the intake to a VF-0's, then you got something.

Just to clarify, when I said intake I really meant the whole thigh. I think the feet and knee guards on the VF-14 are very similar. The VF-25 even has the same small detail on the top of the foot near the ankle and a similar foot profile. The VF-0's legs are more like the VF-5000. Very plain, straight, with a large leg fin.

I'm not sure where the VF-0's intake/thigh looks similar as it is very simple and blocky. Probably the least stealthy part of the overall design. The retractable intake cover is fairly similar between the VF-0 and VF-25, where as the VF-14 has a more unique design but the thigh itself is more like the VF-25's.

Although to be fair, both the VF-25 and VF-14 borrow heavily from unused Air Calvary Chronicles designs. Namely the Fz-109G Sturmzon and the LV-7 Excalibur. The LV-7 Excalibur was also used to make the Sv-51, which is interesting since the resulting airplanes they turn into look very different.

post-1819-1266333570_thumb.jpg post-1819-1266333557_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have that blue and white Kawamori drawing of the VF-25S? I remember someone posted a link to it and some promo images of a gray VF-27.

True, true...

But it seems to me that getting a "real" transformation must also have been of it...just as the VF-0 had those skinny little arms and thin, thin legs.

Most likely.

It also allows for plausible transformation with the Armored Pack still attached, which is something he's never done before.

Right I know it's all Kawamori, but I recall a lot animosity towards the VF-25 at first. Some even said it was a reworked Sv-51 so I just wanted to point out a lot of the Macross 7 era styling and detail to the VF-25. I think it makes it seem a lot more legit as the next generation Valkyrie.

What was the reason why the UN Spacy ended up adopting the anorexic Russian design? (besides it allowing anime magic to happen)

Edited by chrisk

What was the reason why the UN Spacy ended up adopting the anorexic Russian design? (besides it allowing anime magic to happen)

My Guess is that the Sv-51 was a competing/losing design to the VF-1/0 that was stolen/given to the Anti-UN forces by Anti-UN sympathizers in Israel/Germany/Russia.

It wasn't on till twenty or more years after the SW-1 did fighters with that design start to emerge its possible the Sv-51 original designers survived the SW-1 and continued to refine their design.

If I remember correctly In Zero Nora says that we invented the transformation technology maybe the three nation conglomerate designed the Sv-51, for most Macross information web sites say the Sv-51 was designed from the start to be a practical weapon.

also the VF-25 has nothing in common with the SV-51 except for the hip guns. the VF-27 has slightly more in common (hip guns 3 toed feet and the both come in purple.)

almost all the similarities are purely cosmetic, and in the real world are just a product of the same guy designing all of them and having certain design elements he liked using at the time.

in universe it could most likely be explained that there's only so many ways to build an aircraft, and designers tend to come to similar solutions to similar problems

Edited by anime52k8

If I remember correctly In Zero Nora says that we invented the transformation technology maybe the three nation conglomerate designed the Sv-51, for most Macross information web sites say the Sv-51 was designed from the start to be a practical weapon.

That statement of Nora is dubious at best. Reverse engineering and development of Overtechnology was spread around the world. As implied by DD Ivanov the technology belonged to the world. OTEC was a conglomerate of various companies and research institutes.

The Anti-UN had its own Overtech fighter in the MiM-31 Karyobin in opposition to the UN Forces' F203 Dragon II.

By 2009 as seen in SDFM TV Overtechnology has already reached the civilian sector.

The Anti-UN we saw in Macross Zero is just a well funded mercenary group. By 2007 the Anti-UN alliance was already defeated. Macross Zero is set in 2008.

The Anti-UN we saw in Macross Zero is just a well funded mercenary group. By 2007 the Anti-UN alliance was already defeated. Macross Zero is set in 2008.

Weren't you already told not to state personal opinion as fact?

See http://macross.anime.net/wiki/2008

Specifically:

September

* After the Bird Human Incident, the nations who joined the Anti-U.N. Alliance announce their withdrawal. (Macross History version 2008)

The UN War (or UN Wars) ended in 2007. What roll the Anti-UN Alliance played in it is unclear. Is the Anti-UN Alliance a group of mercenaries? No. If it were, why is it called an Alliance and why would it have member nations?

Weren't you already told not to state personal opinion as fact?

See http://macross.anime.net/wiki/2008

Specifically:

The UN War (or UN Wars) ended in 2007. What roll the Anti-UN Alliance played in it is unclear. Is the Anti-UN Alliance a group of mercenaries? No. If it were, why is it called an Alliance and why would it have member nations?

The reason I call them mercernaries is that DD Ivanov and Nora's group are likely a Lost Command group. Hostilities between the UNG and Anti-UN Alliance formally ceased in Jan 20, 2007. Yet in 2008 there is full scale battles around Mayan island.

Lost Command are a faction which a rebel leadership ,in this case the Anti-UN leadership, has lost control of. (Or make it look like a Lost Command for plausible deniability.)

The reason I call them mercernaries is that DD Ivanov and Nora's group are likely a Lost Command group. Hostilities between the UNG and Anti-UN Alliance formally ceased in Jan 20, 2007. Yet in 2008 there is full scale battles around Mayan island.

Lost Command are a faction which a rebel leadership ,in this case the Anti-UN leadership, has lost control of. (Or make it look like a Lost Command for plausible deniability.)

And where are you getting that info from?