do you have a preferred Q-rau?

pondo

I just want Yamato to use the DYRL design and paint it green.

You want a re-color version? :huh:

But I'm surprised that Yamato hasn't done their green TV re-color for this piece. I guess the fact that it didn't sell well was a factor. :mellow:

As a current owner of 2 red Q-raus and 1 blue Max-rau, I don't think I will buy another green re-color version unless it's a new sculpt.

Edited by blacklotus

aren't they both 1/60's???

the RD Q-Rea isn't even 1/100 scale, it's like 1/120something or other. the Robot Damashii are all tiny. personally I'm not that big on either of them.

I like the Yamato Q-Rau for it's for it's size (big and in scale with the yamato's other VF's) and the sculpt is good, but's really lacking in both articulation and extra features considering it's size, price point and the fact it doesn't transform.

The Q-Rea is a very nice toy that mamages to do everything the yamato does while being smaller, more possible and cheaper. I'm just not all that in to the small scale figures.

Overall I'd say the Q-Rea is a better toy though.

the RD Q-Rea isn't even 1/100 scale, it's like 1/120something or other. the Robot Damashii are all tiny. personally I'm not that big on either of them.

I like the Yamato Q-Rau for it's for it's size (big and in scale with the yamato's other VF's) and the sculpt is good, but's really lacking in both articulation and extra features considering it's size, price point and the fact it doesn't transform.

The Q-Rea is a very nice toy that mamages to do everything the yamato does while being smaller, more possible and cheaper. I'm just not all that in to the small scale figures.

Overall I'd say the Q-Rea is a better toy though.

Yeah, the newest re-release doesn't even come with the millia pilot figure, right? That kinda sucks. Lucky for me i got a first release one and bought the CM/Yamato millia figure set to go with it.

I really wish Bandai would release a 1/60 DX version of the Q-Rea.

If the Yamato could have a new leg and ankle system similar in someway to what they provided in the destroids and provide a figure for it, I would vote for the Yamato one in a second. As it is it makes a good/decent display piece and that's about it. Never mind the fact that in all the newer versions you have to track down a Mira figure set for it.

The Bandai does look like it will be very possible though and it comes with a Khlan insert for the cockpit correct? Both of those give a big advantage over the new stock that Yamato has been selling. That being said the Bandai version is 1/100 and the Yamato is somewhere around 1/60 scale so I don't really think it is fair to make comparisons especially considering the nice detail found on the Mira Que Rau.

post-9075-1266343064_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1266343083_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1266343095_thumb.jpg

If the Yamato could have a new leg and ankle system similar in someway to what they provided in the destroids and provide a figure for it, I would vote for the Yamato one in a second.

I'd probably say a variation on the legs used for the YF-21/VF-22 (bulkier, obviously) and with a ratchet for the hip joint...