Official Bandai DX Chogokin VB-6 König Monster Thread

Funkenstein

Just gone mine this past Wednesday and I unboxed it today. Should have got the regular version. Not worth the extra money on the dinner plate display base. The Toy itself is amazing. Has a lot of heft to it. Joints are much tighter than the yamato version. Although it was my intent to getting rid of the Yamato version I have decided to keep both and display one in flight mode and the other in Monster format

• 4 weeks later...

So I just ordered one from Amiami. Finally decided to go for it after getting the 1/100 messiahs from HLJ for 60% off. Can't wait to throw them all on my shelf!

Any QC issues I should know about? I guess it doesn't matter anyway since I already bought it. <_<

So I just ordered one from Amiami. Finally decided to go for it after getting the 1/100 messiahs from HLJ for 60% off. Can't wait to throw them all on my shelf!

Any QC issues I should know about? I guess it doesn't matter anyway since I already bought it. <_<

I haven't found any QC problems on mine. It's a pretty solid toy and well made. I was very happy with it.

I haven't found any QC problems on mine. It's a pretty solid toy and well made. I was very happy with it.

That is great to hear. It's not an inexpensive toy at all, and it's good to know that, so for, it's not plagued with QC issues that other releases have.

This is one beautiful toy. I cannot wait to get my hands on one!

Thanks for the info. Tracking says mine arrived in customs this morning. If history repeats itself, I should have it in my hands by tomorrow afternoon. Woo!!! So excited. Hopefully my 1/100 messiahs come tomorrow too.

Thanks for the info. Tracking says mine arrived in customs this morning. If history repeats itself, I should have it in my hands by tomorrow afternoon. Woo!!! So excited. Hopefully my 1/100 messiahs come tomorrow too.

Color me jealous! B))

Have fun with your new toys! Share your thoughts with us after you had some time to play with them!

• 11 months later...

I'm guessing either nobody took their toys out of the box, or it really isn't that great, since nobody really posted their pics of it, or raved about it here.

I love mine.

photo11.jpg

photo21.jpg

Looks great with the VF100's. (Though I have my VF100's on hold for a buyer now. No room).

D.jpg

E.jpg

I'm guessing either nobody took their toys out of the box, or it really isn't that great, since nobody really posted their pics of it, or raved about it here.

I put this up in one of the picture threads back in October . Link

I love it. I think it looks great in all the modes and isn't a floppy mess that Yamato's version is.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 years later...

Ne-ne-ne-ne-ne-crooooooooo Comboooooooo Brrrrrrrrreakerrrrrrrr!!!

DX Monster owners out there - I can't be the only one missing/lacking a butt flap.

Anyone find a solution over the years for replacements?

Butt flaps, and random black hole sun pic we took during the eclipse today:

20240408_113243.jpg

OHEclipse_0408241519_7.jpg

6 hours ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

Ne-ne-ne-ne-ne-crooooooooo Comboooooooo Brrrrrrrrreakerrrrrrrr!!!

DX Monster owners out there - I can't be the only one missing/lacking a butt flap.

Anyone find a solution over the years for replacements?

Butt flaps, and random black hole sun pic we took during the eclipse today:

20240408_113243.jpg

OHEclipse_0408241519_7.jpg

Might be tricky to color-match (either with paint or plain plastic), but I want to think it would be pretty easy to scratch-build those parts out of some scrap plastic.  The hinges might be tricky due to their size, but you might be able to substitute a piece of metal wire, if it's too hard of a shape to make.  I'd probably attempt to make something out of a sprue clipping, but I love punishing my fingers that way. :lol: 

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Might be tricky to color-match (either with paint or plain plastic), but I want to think it would be pretty easy to scratch-build those parts out of some scrap plastic.  The hinges might be tricky due to their size, but you might be able to substitute a piece of metal wire, if it's too hard of a shape to make.  I'd probably attempt to make something out of a sprue clipping, but I love punishing my fingers that way. :lol: 

Thanks for the idea, that's helpful, but I'll likely level it up and put my resin printer to work. Color matching is likely to be a pain, but not impossible. I could just buy another one that's complete. My hope was that someone had encountered this and already had files.

Still waiting to hear back from the seller just in case it was knocked off in packing. It was there in the images before I snagged it.

I appreciate you!