Official Bandai DX Chogokin VB-6 König Monster Thread

Funkenstein

Shoot, looks like I'll have to grab one of these at some point, it looks awesome with that mouth on it. :)

The thing that always bugged me though about the Koenig.. why on earth does the nose have to fold for gerwalk mode? I mean, other than making it look like the original destroid? It looks goofy just hanging there like a.... nosecone. ^_^

I'd probably keep it in shuttle mode, since I really do like that design, but I want to see what gerwalk mode looks like the with the nose still attached.

Shoot, looks like I'll have to grab one of these at some point, it looks awesome with that mouth on it. :)

The thing that always bugged me though about the Koenig.. why on earth does the nose have to fold for gerwalk mode? I mean, other than making it look like the original destroid? It looks goofy just hanging there like a.... nosecone. ^_^

Probably because it reveals the 30mm gun located in the nose.

Here's a question that I should probably know the answer to: what is technically the "correct" term for the middle-mode of the Konig - Gerwalk or Destroid? Or are both acceptable? I've always used both terms. Destroid seems appropriate because that's what it looks like, but gerwalk seems equally appropriate since it's a flying mech.

Here's a question that I should probably know the answer to: what is technically the "correct" term for the middle-mode of the Konig - Gerwalk or Destroid? Or are both acceptable? I've always used both terms. Destroid seems appropriate because that's what it looks like, but gerwalk seems equally appropriate since it's a flying mech.

That is a damn good question.

For some reason, Battroid is considered Destroid mode. It's Destroid, Gerwalk and Shuttle mode.

That really makes no sense though. I'd honestly argue that it should be battroid, destroid, shuttle with no Gerwalk mode. Personally I consider gerwalk a hybrid mode with more mobility than battroid but more CQC capability than the fighter mode, neither of which are the case with the Monster.

To me calling the mid mode destroid mode makes the most sense as it behaves as a support unit in that mode, like a almost all of the non-transforming destroids. Now the so called "destroid" mode fills the same CQC roll that every other battroid mode so they might as well call it a battroid.

not how they do it, but it would make more sense.

That really makes no sense though. I'd honestly argue that it should be battroid, destroid, shuttle with no Gerwalk mode. Personally I consider gerwalk a hybrid mode with more mobility than battroid but more CQC capability than the fighter mode, neither of which are the case with the Monster.

To me calling the mid mode destroid mode makes the most sense as it behaves as a support unit in that mode, like a almost all of the non-transforming destroids. Now the so called "destroid" mode fills the same CQC roll that every other battroid mode so they might as well call it a battroid.

not how they do it, but it would make more sense.

Making a "destroid" Monster transform (Konig Monster) never make any sense to me anyway... :p

what would be the point for yamato to do another version if bandai is doing a good one, would there really be that many pll who would buy it if they already have the bandai version (assuming the bandai is actually good, and doesnt desintegrate in your hands)?

Well I like the one from the game better than the SMS version in macross frontier. (it's that bright yellow trimming with the eyeball markings and the longer barrels that set it apart)

Just as some people like vf-11c in macrosss 7 over vf-11b in plus.

red and yellow trimming

vb-6-konig-alt-gerwalk_small.gifvb-6-konig-gerwalk_small.gif

There is always room for improvements btw. Already you got people whining about small tiny thing like no landing gear lol.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'd love to get one, just can't afford it... specially not with the Macross and vf-19 coming out.

I couldn't afford to get any of the bandai vf-25, but strangely I feel like I NEED this monster. More than any other bandai release. Maybe its because it isn't a fighter and that is what seperates it so much.

For me it's like variable glaug. (which I'd love to see done by yamato) It's something that we should be grateful for being released as a toy just because of the high ratio of valkyrie to destroid toys are released. (more redo editions of them versus destroids or power armor)

The feet are posed wrong on the Bandai Koenig. I hope the actual production version can stand in robot mode the way it is supposed to. The Yamato could at least do that.

Plus the floppy joints on the Yamato became a non-issue when you use the old patented MW nail polish trick. My Koenig's joints are stiff as ever, five (six?) years on. The only issue I ever had with the Yamato was the two connection prongs for Gerwalk mode snapping off. Even then I have it posed in Gerwalk right now quite menacingly. Other than that, the Yamato looks to me a million times more badass than the neutered Bandai one (save for maybe the nosecone pea-shooter cannon thing).

On the other hand, I'm sure the Bandai one will probably lock together a lot more securely in Shuttle mode.