Official Bandai DX Chogokin VB-6 König Monster Thread

Funkenstein

Eh... I wasn't making a comment about the QC of the toy (yet). It just looks like the staff in charge of the display gave the toy to his toddler to bash around for a day before putting it up. >_>

Edited by Cent

• 2 weeks later...

It's just a mold test guys... the colors mean nothing (I believe Graham pointed that out in the Hi-metal thread).

(That or pink gives you extra stiff powers)

how has that not gotten a billion juvenile responses already? Excellent word choice -

damn that Koenig looks fine!!! Totally getting into this line, and hikaru and Roy 1S Strike. Brilliant toy! And the VF-1S... Just love fighter mode,

and battroid looks poseable enough, such an upgrade over the toynami hahahahh.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Any indication what kind of joints it will have to hold arms up so it doesn't become a floppy mess?

In this photo you can see some ridges/detents in the arm/elbow articulation.

18f7km.jpg

I think it's safe to assume the shoulders will also have detents/ratchets.

i just wondering.. do the actual design of the koenig.. was not include a landing gear in the film? coz it look weird for a ship without a landing gear

I think it was only shown once (episode 16).

post-31-128134263422_thumb.jpg

Guest sh002

hopefully people will get theirs soon and post pics so we can see. i think it might be in scale to the robot spirits line. damn why can't bandai just make a 1/100 qrea already.

I think it was only shown once (episode 16).

That's something I never quite understood...

*Rant mode ON*

Listen people, however cool it looks, YOU DON'T NEED WHEELS IN SPACE!!! The concept of a spaceborne aircraft carrier launching VF's from the flightdeck as if they were on sea is ridiculous, and a waste of time. Just launch them from bays (like the Ghost fighters in the final episode of Frontier), or deploy them directly into space from launcharms (as on the original SDF).

Wheels won't work in space (I think the rubber would not even withstand the temperature changes/zero-gravity), but even if they do, the fighters would just float away from the flightdeck.

In my opinion, the coolest way of depicting a multiple fighter launch in space (specifically Macross) is how the Guantanamo-stealthcarrier works.

*Rant mode OFF*

:D :D

Edited by Remko

Just launch them from bays (like the Ghost fighters in the final episode of Frontier), or deploy them directly into space from launcharms (as on the original SDF).

Actually using a catapult to launch fighters in space makes more sense than just nudging them out the side of the ship. the catapult will get the craft further from the ship and give it more speed/momentum without having to use any of the fighters internal propellant.

That's something I never quite understood...

*Rant mode ON*

Listen people, however cool it looks, YOU DON'T NEED WHEELS IN SPACE!!! The concept of a spaceborne aircraft carrier launching VF's from the flightdeck as if they were on sea is ridiculous, and a waste of time. Just launch them from bays (like the Ghost fighters in the final episode of Frontier), or deploy them directly into space from launcharms (as on the original SDF).

Wheels won't work in space (I think the rubber would not even withstand the temperature changes/zero-gravity), but even if they do, the fighters would just float away from the flightdeck.

In my opinion, the coolest way of depicting a multiple fighter launch in space (specifically Macross) is how the uantanamo-stealthcarrier works.

*Rant mode OFF*

:D :D

well for me the wheel is for the look cool thing.. come on man there's nothing more cool than a space shuttle park in your diorama with a wheel on it