Official Bandai DX Chogokin VB-6 König Monster Thread

Funkenstein

Really, really digging this now, those extra little features just make it all the cooler.

I was just made redundant though, I shouldn't really be buying toys but I am getting a good few grand in redundancy payouts. It's £100 on ami ami for the standard version and I want it, I really do at this point but I'm going to have to think about it.

It's Bandai so it's not going to dissapear after a month and never be seen again.

I think it'll depend on how much it costs to ship it too, lots of diecast doesn't sound so great in that respect!

Edited by Fort Max

I think, considering the concerns many have, this picture is worth pointing out:

6id5ae.jpg

look ma, no stand!

Some mistransformation going on there with the cockpit lol

The stabilization back plate can be dropped OMGGGGGGGG. Instant buyyyyyyyyyy, squatting mode be damned.

4687398124_59e02f9a43_m.jpg

Edited by Cent

I really hope this DX isnt made with the usual oily coat and the weak tampo application... That would be a huge turnoff, and one of the main reasons I stayed away from the other DXs.

I really hope this DX isnt made with the usual oily coat and the weak tampo application... That would be a huge turnoff, and one of the main reasons I stayed away from the other DXs.

None of that was present on the DX Quarter if that makes you feel any better.

Also it might be heartening to remember that this isn't just a DX release, it's half DX and half R:D. Just don't ask me why it's part of both lines. :/

None of that was present on the DX Quarter if that makes you feel any better.

Also it might be heartening to remember that this isn't just a DX release, it's half DX and half R:D. Just don't ask me why it's part of both lines. :/

I can answer that question. DX because it's big and contains diecast. It's RD because it's scaled in relation to the RD VF-25.

At least this what Bandai says.

Seconded on its being more poseable than I originally thought. I'd love a closeup of that hip joint and some pics showing full range of motion. Smart choice attaching the kneecap to the thigh. I'm also wondering if all those small joints throughout the arm are somehow ratcheted to alleviate the sloppiness that plagues Yamato's.

Looking forward to a review, but looking more and more like a winner.

Edited by M'Kyuun

The final product looks pretty nice. I'm glad they were able to work in the vulcan cannon turret where the Yamato version just had a cheesy little block.

I hope the forward viewport section of the shuttle cockpit will be able to sit flush with the head instead of just badly laying on top like in every one of the shuttle and destroid pics.

I have a feeing that the little 30mm ball turret will be a removeable part that you have to take off to transform to Shuttle mode. I'm fine with that though.

Graham

I don't think so.

4687398298_23a4aec10b.jpg

it seems like there should be enough room for it to tuck up into the main body with the rest of the... whatever-it-is that it's connected to. (is that a waist joint or something?)

Holy crap, those pictures are awesome. How they managed to make Yamato's monster look like a breadbox I'll never know, because the detail and range of poses this thing can pull off are flat out amazing compared to Yamato's offering. I have a Yamato monster, and I was proud of it, until I saw these pictures. Now its kinda "meh" when it used to be "whoa".

I know about the resin kit that Yamato based their monster off of, but even beyond the structural differences aside, the care that went into the markings of Bandai's is above and beyond what Yamato even attempted. I know that Bandai's is based off the Macross F version, and has more markings, but the little things like the rings around the thrusters, the panel lines on the cannons, etc. Bandai's version makes Yamato look like they didn't even try.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there supposed to be thrusters in the feet of the monster? Cant find any reference for it (and am too lazy to dig up MacF footage). The toy has big open boxy areas there, and doesn't really match the well detailed main-body engines they have.

OMG.. I haven't posted in a while.. and with good reasons since I'm not suppose to be buying anymore toys lol.. hush hush.. but from the looks of it I might just pick up the rest of the 1/100 Mac F valks and get a few of these.. still dreaming of the 1/48 version..

• 2 weeks later...

Is that supposed to be simulated paint chipping? ... Looks like the toy was handled pretty rough: the decal is scraped off, and lots of the paint on the diecast parts are chipped.

Is that supposed to be simulated paint chipping? ... Looks like the toy was handled pretty rough: the decal is scraped off, and lots of the paint on the diecast parts are chipped.

OH TEH NOES!!! PAINT AND MARKINGS ARE CHIPPING, MASSIVE QC FAIL!!!!!11!one!

it's not like we're looking at pictures of a painted resin prototype or anything. :rolleyes:

Edited by anime52k8

AHH! The screened decals! THEY BURN! I always have liked the mouth markings better, but for a while those decals were tempting.. not anymore.

That one's been through a lot.. paint chipping everywhere, broken nose turret, scraped off decals.. they even had to prop up one of the guns with something to keep it on straight.

Sheesh, what did they do, hand that thing over for QC testing by a 5 year old? All it's missing are spaghetti-o smears and crayon markings. :blink:

Actually, after looking at it closer.. that might be a resin one. There's a good amount of brown paint chipping with white underneath too.