Official Bandai DX Chogokin VB-6 König Monster Thread

Funkenstein

hi there, could I ask what is the difference between the two VB-6s? Ami Ami have two separate listings but I can't quite figure out why there's a difference at all from the pictures which mind u look the same

hi there, could I ask what is the difference between the two VB-6s? Ami Ami have two separate listings but I can't quite figure out why there's a difference at all from the pictures which mind u look the same

The normal version of the VB-6 (the less expensive one) is just the regular release with no special "prizes" or extras. It essentially is just the VB-6 and some stickers. The special edition (the more expensive one) is a limited edition release that comes with some decals already applied to the VB-6 (sheryl on the nose to be exact) as well as a base that can be used to depict the Vb-6 firing on the top of a space cruiser (i believe this will be a part of the upcoming movie?). Finally the special version will also come with some kind of handbook thing as well (don't really know the details of this handbook).

I hope that helps.

-Archer

The normal version of the VB-6 (the less expensive one) is just the regular release with no special "prizes" or extras. It essentially is just the VB-6 and some stickers. The special edition (the more expensive one) is a limited edition release that comes with some decals already applied to the VB-6 (sheryl on the nose to be exact) as well as a base that can be used to depict the Vb-6 firing on the top of a space cruiser (i believe this will be a part of the upcoming movie?). Finally the special version will also come with some kind of handbook thing as well (don't really know the details of this handbook).

I hope that helps.

-Archer

Cheers! Not enough to make me really want the special edition other than the base. Is there a display stand for the normal version? I'm definitely getting the normal one if there is.

I'm about the bite the bullet on this one. Does anybody knows if Amiami accepts Paypal?

Just couldn't resist it, so I put in a pre-order for the normal version.

I don't think the extra bits justify the price increase for the SP version, apart from maybe the base, but think I can live without it :lol:

I'm torn between pre-ordering a VB-6 or ordering a 1/60 (or maybe a 1/48) VF-1J. I'm pretty new to macross figures, so what would you folks do? If I didn't just sign a 4 year loan on a car today I'd just get both haha, looks like my days of reckless spending are over!

Edited by Jesterhead

Ok, now THAT is a monster girl, and quite literally so. Love the dripping ice cream. laugh.gif

I still prefer the plain old vintage shark mouth design though. Pasting any kind of art over that is just a waste.

Personally, I'm still waiting for a full sized version of the Cathy art that got released with a few limited Ozma kits. ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

is it 1/100 scale or 1/144 scale? BANDAI should say it clearly. I find that BANDAI does not like to make DX toys with scale, and the DX vf 25 series are 1/60 scale is because YAMATO. Both the DX quarter and this new VB 6 do not have official scale. i hate to guess their scale after comparing other toys!

Actually, I don't think anyone has ever officially said the DX toys are 1/60 scale. It's certainly not on the boxes anywhere.

post-467-127418862501_thumb.jpg

post-467-127418864918_thumb.jpg

source

One more:

post-467-127420774226_thumb.jpg

Sweet! This looks so much better without the eyes and shark teeth mixed in with the nose art!

So...this thing is going to be ridiculously huge, then?

It's going to be roughly the same size as the Yamato version, I think it was previously stated in shuttle mode it's 2cm shorter than the Yamato.

Edited by Phalanix

Okay... So wait.. let me get this straight.

There are the following versions:

Tampoed with Shark Teeth but with Foxy Belle and Monster Girl decals

Shark Teeth with Tampoed Foxy Belle

No Shark Teeth with Tampoed Sheryl Produce Ver

Sheryl Bullet Girl Decals (not sure what the other is... Cathy maybe?)

Seriously... this is mindboggling.

Anyway, Im glad they've made the cannons fit straight into the backpack now, but it seems like the stand isn't going away any time soon. Oh well, I can live with that. Too bad the cannons arent hollowed out though.

Edited by Cent

Anyway, Im glad they've made the cannons fit straight into the backpack now, but it seems like the stand isn't going away any time soon. Oh well, I can live with that. Too bad the cannons arent hollowed out though.

I think we're just looking at the progression of the prototype. There's supposed to be only 2 versions, the normal version with Sheryl & Ranka stickers/decals. And then there's the SP version with Sheryl images tempo'd on the Monster as well as a bunch of Sheryl stickers + other bonus items.

The recent image of the SP version appears to have the monster's eyes and shark teeth removed, which I hope will be the case on the production model. Having the nose art super-imposed over the eyes and teeth looks pretty ugly...

No, I think that's a "final" and "non-photochopped" image of what the "special" version will look like. The normal one will have the shark mouth, the special will have no shark mouth but the nose art and the black stripe.

At least that's how I understood it.

4620554847_8a72475ced.jpg

4621165136_3b49c36621_m.jpg

4620554923_5cc9bfda3e_m.jpg

4621165226_d41ea7ce5b_m.jpg

4620555009_f2b54eeaf0.jpg

4620555051_d136fce812_m.jpg

4620555087_f9b1424798_m.jpg

4621165438_65fa56dbce_m.jpg

4620555111_3d6c252f09_m.jpg

4621165478_d387ea5462.jpg

Source

I really like the black stripe that runs down the nose (which the SP box art does not show...). Heck, I think that if given the choice, I would pic up a no shark teeth version; looks better all clean.

And to the "what does each version have" just look at the poster. The pink 1 to 5 squares show the five extras of the SP. The brown show the normal version (the display base is just that little peg).

That huge display base holding the gerwalk monster is the SP base.

Same here, I have the Yamato version, and although I think its pretty sweet, it's really not suited for any type of play, even a few transformations broke the rear pegs so that I had to load up the rear end with AA batteries to act as a counterweight.

Can't wait for some customer reviews on this thing, it is looking really nice.

That base is horribly underwhelming. The stickers are nice. From what I gather, the clean Sheryl and Ranka version are the regular, with the art being stickers. The SP has the mouth and Foxy lady tampo'd on. Aside from the stickers and handbook, the cheaper regular version is looking even more appealing.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

is there any picture of the koenig that proof it could pose with out a stand?

We're still seeing prototypes so we wont really know weather or not it will require a stand until closer to September.