Official Bandai DX Chogokin VB-6 König Monster Thread

Funkenstein

Anyone else having a problem with amiami english site. I keep getting the japanese site even after clicking the link for the english site from google or using my favorites link.

Chris

wait...

the regular version comes without the stickers applied * (early TV version). HOWEVER, it includes stickers for both Ranka Nose Art (late TV version) AND Sheryl Nose Art (Movie version). So you can chose which one to apply or not at all.

SP version is limited to First Issue only (and comes with the following "gifts")

- comes with Sheryl Nose Art applied

- "Island 1" canopy style display base (seems like the Monster landed and fired a shot on the canopy of Island 1 in the movie... )

- Sheryl images (decals?) for decoration

- special goods set "Mission Code: Galaxy Fairy", movie version... Sheryl's Black Credit Card (with Serial Numbering) and SMS Operations Instruction manual

- Sheryl image packaging with clear sleeves... :S

If the regular version comes with all the stickers (from the TV show).

Even they are not applied...

For now, I would pefer this version.

Thanks for elaborating on the SP version. Saw it over at MyFigureCollection and wondered why the art looked weird. I should've guessed it had to do with the movie. So it's all Sheryl-ified in the film. I suppose that makes as bit more sense, but the Ranka version was so kitsch and out of place that it worked so well. Definitely sounds more like the price is warranted now, though I don't like the Sheryl Noseart being pre-applied. As cool as the other extras sound, like the base, I'd definitely want it as Monster Girl from the TV, as that's how I know it so far. I'd hate having to destroy a sticker to do so and agree that it being over the eye looks bad (assuming it comes with the Ranka art, it sounds like one big movie Sheryl fest).

I am liking the color scheme over the Yamato so far. Any closeups of the nose art, it doesn't even look like Sheryl.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Ah, the Ranka sticker only comes with the regular version...

Yes, because the SP (Sheryl Produce) Version comes with Sheryl Nose Art (Movie Ver) Tampo Printed. We get the same Sheryl Nose Art AND Ranka N.A. with the regular version but those are stickers so who knows maybe it'd be worn out in a few years after being applied.

The SP ver is first-issue only.

Also, the scale is stated as Non-Scale, but is suitable size with Robot Damashii (SIDE VF)...

I agree with most folks here, I'd rather get the regular version :wacko:

Is it really a sticker, or a decal? If the former, I hope someone will scan it in and make thin decal versions so it doesn't look like crap when applied. Furthermore, it looks like the stickers are slightly oversized when compared to the animation model...

I guess you could just put one on each side.

I always liked the VB6 design, but my Yamato one seems bigger and badder to me, so I'm not so excited about this. I might get one eventually, though.

Yes, because the SP (Sheryl Produce) Version comes with Sheryl Nose Art (Movie Ver) Tampo Printed. We get the same Sheryl Nose Art AND Ranka N.A. with the regular version but those are stickers so who knows maybe it'd be worn out in a few years after being applied.

... DX Tampo printing wears off in a few months. Stickers last longer! :D

I guess you could just put one on each side.

I always liked the VB6 design, but my Yamato one seems bigger and badder to me, so I'm not so excited about this. I might get one eventually, though.

Well the shuttle mode is only 2CM shorter than Yamato

Edited by ntsan

Tampo's fine for me, as I don't handle my toys all that often...I find a pose I like, and leave it until I get tired of it, or just want to transform it.

The size is fine by me as well..2cm is not a deal breaker.

My concern is whether it will have better engineered linkages and joints allowing for both poseability and solidarity. Yamato's is pretty floppy, esp in the knee area, and hip poseability is almost nil. the Monster is not that complex in its transformation, and a seasoned company like Bandai should be able to create solid ratcheting joints for a toy this size, esp in the Chogokin line. I know I'll catch hell, but I'd actually like to see what Takara-Tomy would do with the design, esp after the work they've done for the movie franchise. After creating a toy as complex as MP Prime and ROTF Leader Prime, I think the VB6 would present little challenge to those folks.

Takara-Tomy?...sorry bro, not to sound biased, but I did own some transformers toys including the masterpiece series, and QC-wise they fail! Botchy paintjob, loose joints, wrongly assembled parts.....the list goes on...

Now I have sold 95% of my TF collection to fund for Macross toys.....

Again, this is just my personal opinion.... :p

You know, screw calling the VB-6 a "DX" toy, Bandai totally should have made it part of their "Hi-Metal 1/100" line. That seems to be where it fits the best.

But is the VB-6 really 1/100?? In battroid mode, it has the same height as the DX VF-25 (clearly seen in the latest pics posted) If you compare the Yamato 1/100 VB-6 against the DX VF-25 in battroid mode, it's almost twice as big.

Bandai's VB-6 is tiny compared to the Yamato König :mellow:

Sorry for being off topic

But is the VB-6 really 1/100?? In battroid mode, it has the same height as the DX VF-25 (clearly seen in the latest pics posted) If you compare the Yamato 1/100 VB-6 against the DX VF-25 in battroid mode, it's almost twice as big.

Bandai's VB-6 is tiny compared to the Yamato König :mellow:

They're about the same size.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=846678

1/100 Yamato vs. 1/48 (I don't own any VF-25s but I know they're roughly the same as 1/48s)

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/k...g-compare-3.jpg

But is the VB-6 really 1/100?? In battroid mode, it has the same height as the DX VF-25 (clearly seen in the latest pics posted) If you compare the Yamato 1/100 VB-6 against the DX VF-25 in battroid mode, it\\\'s almost twice as big.

Bandai\\\'s VB-6 is tiny compared to the Yamato König :mellow:

It is only 2CM shorter than Yamato in shuttle mode. (30cm vs 32cm)

Shinnakasu/Northrom Grumman VB-6 König Monster

Shuttle/Bomber Mode: wingspan 24.42 meters; height 6.77 meters; length 29.78 meters

So it is more in scale to 1/100 than Yamato, which are 2cm longer (1/99 scale?)

Edited by ntsan

Takara-Tomy?...sorry bro, not to sound biased, but I did own some transformers toys including the masterpiece series, and QC-wise they fail! Botchy paintjob, loose joints, wrongly assembled parts.....the list goes on...

Now I have sold 95% of my TF collection to fund for Macross toys.....

Again, this is just my personal opinion.... :p

I meant from an engineering perspective...Takara has proven with the Binaltech, Materpiece, and live-action movie-based lines that they can create pretty solid toys with innovative engineering, and still retain poseability, while transforming into real world vehicles.

Granted, they've made some crappy designs, as well. But looking at a TF as complex as MP Prime, or ROTF leader class Prime, the transformations are much more complex than the Monster, which really is not that complex at all, on the whole, and both Primes have great poseability for all their complexity.

Sorry to hear you had some lemons. I've had no problems with any of my MP or BT toys.

I meant from an engineering perspective...Takara has proven with the Binaltech, Materpiece, and live-action movie-based lines that they can create pretty solid toys with innovative engineering, and still retain poseability, while transforming into real world vehicles.

Granted, they've made some crappy designs, as well. But looking at a TF as complex as MP Prime, or ROTF leader class Prime, the transformations are much more complex than the Monster, which really is not that complex at all, on the whole, and both Primes have great poseability for all their complexity.

Sorry to hear you had some lemons. I've had no problems with any of my MP or BT toys.

Apples and oranges really. My TF toys (MP OP, ROTF Leader OP, HA, Binaltech) were all confined to a bin while my yammies are permanently on display. Don't get me wrong, the TFs were fun to play with but in terms of engineering i believe the word "kibble" is synonymous with TF. The main design difference between macross and TF toys is that while TFs only need to get from one form to another, Valks need to do it while still preserving the utility and pseudo-realism of its parts, ie cockpits doesn't collapse or split apart. This need to rationalize the transformation means additional parameters in the design, which in turn may require more creative solutions than developing plastic origami. However this design requirement is only a reflection of their respective mythologies, which brings me back to the first sentence in this paragraph.

Edit: Oops for getting OT.

Edited by raptormesh

Or in other words,

TF's change to disguise or hide in something.

VF's change to broaden it's combat abilities.

(Just my opinion.)

But if Has/Tak and Tomy were to tackle it from that angle, they might come up with a very good product.

The only catch I can see is that it should be something other than a VF-1 toy, (just to stir the pot per se).

And I know its a snowballs chance that they will get the license for macross anytime soon either.

Though I'd like to see them take crack at it, a few test shots and such.

Edited by DARKWIND

I understand and agree with your point about utility. However,many aircraft TFs preserve the cockpit, esp Starscream toys, for that iconic look. The Monster wouldn't be far off, either, and on Bandai's design, the whole cockpit rotates 90 deg and the head is mounted to the other side, ala Lugnut or Bulkhead from TFA. I personally like that design better than the fold under cockpit and head mounted too far back design of the Yamato Monster.

I'd just like to see what Takara would come up with if given the chance. It'd be neat to see a new perspective, and knowing that Takara can design very complex transforming toys, I think they could produce some amazing Macross stuff.

I like designs that keep the cockpit intact, and don't forget that a number of the original TF toys were originally piloted mecha, including Grimlock, Slag, Sludge, the seekers, and even Prime.

Edited by M'Kyuun

If Takara were to make some valks with the same detail and care of their Alternity line, I'd be hard pressed not to pick them up...I am very impressed by my Alternity Megatron engineering wise. A very detailed interior of the car, rubber tires, reflective mirrors, engine detail (however minor lol), and nice use of diecast. All in a 1/32 scale compared to Binaltech/Alternators 1/24 scale, which makes for a killer toy, and the best TF line out there imo.

I'll probably stick the the regular release of the Monster from Bandai simply because it comes with a Ranka Monster girl stick if i choose to put it on (unlikely though)

This looks like a pretty big item at 1/100 scale. I hope it is well made with no weak joints. Even though I would like to have one, I will wait until some reviews come out to determine if it is worth it. ;)

is it 1/100 scale or 1/144 scale? BANDAI should say it clearly. I find that BANDAI does not like to make DX toys with scale, and the DX vf 25 series are 1/60 scale is because YAMATO. Both the DX quarter and this new VB 6 do not have official scale. i hate to guess their scale after comparing other toys!

Well, I pre-ordered mine. I picked the one with the Ranka noseart. Seems expensive, but I might as well ensure I get it and take another chance with the DX line. Not too impressed with the VF-25s and I'm waiting for the right time to buy the VF-27. How big was Yamatos Koenig Monster when it was released a miilion years ago???

This looks like a pretty big item at 1/100 scale. I hope it is well made with no weak joints. Even though I would like to have one, I will wait until some reviews come out to determine if it is worth it. ;)

Same here..

Well, I pre-ordered mine. I picked the one with the Ranka noseart. Seems expensive, but I might as well ensure I get it and take another chance with the DX line. Not too impressed with the VF-25s and I'm waiting for the right time to buy the VF-27. How big was Yamatos Koenig Monster when it was released a miilion years ago???

The right time for VF-27 is like 3 month ago with 11500 yen and half price shipping from AmiAmi

Konig Monster is 29.78 meters in length so that makes it 1/100 scale

Yamato is 32CM long so it is more into 1/93 scale

Edited by ntsan

The right time for VF-27 is like 3 month ago with 11500 yen and half price shipping from AmiAmi

Konig Monster is 29.78 meters in length so that makes it 1/100 scale

Yamato is 32CM long so it is more into 1/93 scale

Unfortunately I missed that window thanks to bad medical practice. :ph34r: But I'm sure they'll have another sale, it's inevevitable. Waiting for a nice sale from HLJ sometime soon. I could care less about shipping from any shop based in Japan. No matter how big some of my orders from HLJ were when they had their super holiday sale on Macross, shipping was always 600 yen. B))

I'm starting to like this version of the VB-6 more after seeing the newer pictures. In particular the battroid mode looks pretty good and while it doesn't look like the older line art, it looks like how it does in Frontier. Definitely would just go for the regular version. The nose art just looks terrible on it.