1/60 Yamato VF-0S Phoenix

bztheman

I browsed through the forums for an answer to this but to no avail :(

What are the differences between the April/May 2010 Re-release (third release) of the VF-0S, and the old "VF-0S w/Ghost Booster" combo?

As far as I know, the old Ghost Booster combo had no mechanical issues, and they already fixed the original VF-0S with the second release.

So..why the third release? Should I wait for it, or just buy the old Ghost Booster package?

Thanks in advance :)

So..why the third release? Should I wait for it, or just buy the old Ghost Booster package?

Thanks in advance :)

People who missed out still want it, that's why. The Ghost Booster release was just a 1 time release, and stock on the reissue of the standalone 0S didn't last very long IIRC. Up until the announcement of the reissue, the 0S also commanded high prices on the secondary market too. It's simply a release that many of us passed over due to qc concerns, and either missed out on the fixed release with Ghost or didn't want to have the bundle to get the fixed 0S, and missed out on the 2nd standalone release.

It hasn't been in stock in a while and has been in demand, so it's ample time now to reissue it; especially the 0A whose only "fixed" release was the Shin bundle but only 50% were reportedly of the "fixed" variety.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

How about the sagging issue, where

there is a gap just after the cockpit,

when the plane is not on it's landing

gear? Has this been resolved?

I hope they put something on the box

to indicate that this is a re-issue.

Edited by geepogi

Well there really is two ways to look at this...

1. Yamato could be re-issuing a third edition of the VF-0S/A with all problems (hopefully) omitted.

OR

*2. (Eventhough it's been quite a while), these could just be leftover stock from the first and second editions.

The only way to know is wait for peoples reviews on this latest installment.

Once you have all the facts in hand, then it would be safe for you to make a very well informed decision.

Also, you might want to contact Graham and see if he can give you more insight on this.

*Just a thought, as this is what recently occured with V.2 VF-1J/GBP-1S combo pack fiasco.

It's simply a release that many of us passed over due to qc concerns, and either missed out on the fixed release with Ghost or didn't want to have the bundle to get the fixed 0S, and missed out on the 2nd standalone release.

That's what I figured. I was worried because I thought there would be major aesthetic improvements to the 3rd VF-0S release, but it doesn't look that way.

There are still Ghost bundles available here and there I think...so I'll probably go for one of those instead of waiting for a near-identical re-re-release! Thanks for the help.

Also, you might want to contact Graham and see if he can give you more insight on this.

I'll give that a try, thanks for your reply :)

Off-topic:

Has anyone purchased from this HK website? Their prices seem cheaper than HLJ. Not sure if they're reliable...

http://www.hkcollectibles.com/

I'll wait for a review. If it's really fixed, I'll get my first Zero valk. Otherwise, not.

For sure! If it is a sure fix, you'll be amazed by these toys. I have 2 0A's, one a loss and sits in the box, the other I was able to fix and is safe on Display.

Cause I'll be getting my 1st VF-0S! B))

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I paid MSRP for an opened 0S so he commands a huge secondary market price. Glad I got the ghost booster though, was originally going to pass on it.

Still glad there doing a reissue though even though I bought an opened one, I might spring for a second one to display in robot mode and I want to pick up a 0A as well so it's all good. I just hope the QC on these is solid though considering the history of this figure.

Off-topic:

Has anyone purchased from this HK website? Their prices seem cheaper than HLJ. Not sure if they're reliable...

http://www.hkcollectibles.com/

Plenty of places are heaps cheaper than HLJ just look around and yes hkcollectibles are reliable. More so than HLJ IMHO.