Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

without crystal visor/eyes no perfect toy :angry: so we have to wait for the blazer for the best toy of macross universe :rolleyes:

i'm still not sure. in certain pics they seem to be translucent. in in the new photos (just posted) the eyes appear to be painted.

Graham, are the eyes translucent or painted?

Height difference between VF-19 and VF-11B is not that bad IMO

1305622334529.jpg

IMO this is the right difference and will look more proportionate than before –I mean YF-19/VF-11.

About the eyes… I don't really care too much, they seem to be painted IMO but very nicely done for what I can see in the latest close up pictures. Could they have been better made? Most probably. But there must be a reason for them to be like this, I remember the designer mentioning some difficulties regarding the faceplate design, so I don't think it's something they haven't think about.

Anyway, it's a hero's valk that seems to be the best Macross toy ever and looks great IMO, so I have to have it. I preordered it about a month ago at Anime Export for US$220, looking forward to the shipping invoice!

Height difference between VF-19 and VF-11B is not that bad IMO

1305622334529.jpg

yep, looks okay between the two. but i suspect the joints might be extended at the knees and ankles (for GERWALK purposes) to make it a bit taller. any pics beside the M&M or Gamlin's VF-22S?

Eyes are painted.

Graham

They look good enough to me.

I don't know why there's already complaints about this. If it was a visor with depth like the VF-1S then yes it should be translucent. But with two small eyes there's not that much detail to be seen behind them.

They look good enough to me.

I don't know why there's already complaints about this. If it was a visor with depth like the VF-1S then yes it should be translucent. But with two small eyes there's not that much detail to be seen behind them.

you... you don't know why there are complainers? Here? :blink::lol:

you... you don't know why there are complainers? Here? :blink::lol:

I thought we were past that phase, aren't we all adult grown ups??

:lol: :lol:

I know, I know, every toy has it's vader hands :lol:

I thought we were past that phase, aren't we all adult grown ups??

:lol: :lol:

I know, I know, every toy has it's vader hands :lol:

I for one am going to dock it points for not transforming into a truck like other toys that are red and shiny transform into. :lol:

Graham, can you ask Yamato to give the Blazer clear visor and get rid of the gap in the chest in B mode? Does it look like the wings can be swapped out easily? I want a Blazer with the long skinny wings from the Kai. Never like the fat short one on the Blazer.

Speaking of which....

Does anybody know why Yamato decided to choose "street clothed" Basara over his "band" outfit? Did Yamato take a poll of some sort to decide? I certainly hope Yamato won't make a limited edition version with the same exact Valkyrie but with a different Basara pilot. That would be the worst kind of milking for a $250.00 plus toy. However I do hope they add a band outfit Basara to the Soundbooster set.

It can be read at Yamato's site (http://www.yamato-to.../?infolnk=index) that as they can realize that some people may not be happy with a street clothed Basara, the possibility of a stage outfit Basara version to be included in a future release is under consideration.

So where else a Basara figure could be included? As you well guessed, only with the Soundbooster set.

Now look at the picture and tell me whether you can see the same I do beneath the Soundbooster…

post-12283-0-32253200-1305702335_thumb.jpg

It can be read at Yamato's site (http://www.yamato-to.../?infolnk=index) that as they can realize that some people may not be happy with a street clothed Basara, the possibility of a stage outfit Basara version to be included in a future release is under consideration.

So where else a Basara figure could be included? As you well guessed, only with the Soundbooster set.

Now look at the picture and tell me whether you can see the same I do beneath the Soundbooster…

post-12283-0-32253200-1305702335_thumb.jpg

Wow, it's been in plain sight all this while?

Also, still not seeing the McDonald's in the VF-19 Kai.

Edited by Actar

Reivaj.....awesome eagle eye you've got there.

Graham did mention this a few weeks ago...and we all just forgot it until you brought it up.

I'm giving you a post up for that.

size]

Umm... No?

Edit: Nvm, just spotted it. Pretty poor product placement, but I guess they can say it was always there.

"Today I'm gonna move this plastic display stand! Bomba!!"

Edited by Kelsain

Wow, it's been in plain sight all this while?

Also, still not seeing the McDonald's in the VF-19 Kai.

guess you haven't seen this pic yet then... :lol:

33ymkr4.jpg

VF-19 will share a similar faith with SDF-1 apparently...

sorry, didn't get it... what fate would that be exactly? it'll sell out in a week and be re-issued a few months later?... or an unpainted kit version will come out later on? :unsure:

Edited by m0n5t3r

sorry, didn't get it... what fate would that be exactly? it'll sell out in a week and be re-issued a few months later?... or an unpainted kit version will come out later on? :unsure:

Sell out in a week or so! Not always a bad faith I'm talking about :)

About the image in that previous post:

Arrrghhh, Can't UNSEEEE! FUUUUUU :D

Edited by charger69

guess you haven't seen this pic yet then... :lol:

33ymkr4.jpg

Ah. That picture. (^.^;) I guess I don't see it because of the lack of white and prominence of yellow.

Just got my payment request for my VF-19 from amiami.

Â¥22,470 or $284.72.

Just got my "payment sent" update, 22,360 from HLJ, and luckily, I just got paid. Just got enough on this freakin' check to pay for this, car, bills, and rent for next month. Why does the first always seem to be just around the corner?

In regards to Ronald McKai, that really makes me want some french fries, a cold soda, and a Big Mac.