Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

No, this pic was meant to show us how intricate and cool the toy’s body transformation is and the hard time they’re getting at designing the instruction manual.

I’m currently editing some photos to show the locking mechanisms in both Battroid and Gerwalk modes. They’re pretty nice IMHO.

No, this pic was meant to show us how intricate and cool the toy’s body transformation is and the hard time they’re getting at designing the instruction manual.

I’m currently editing some photos to show the locking mechanisms in both Battroid and Gerwalk modes. They’re pretty nice IMHO.

I was wondering why yamato was showing this picture...this doesn't show any of the locking mechanisms...cant wait for you pictures...

It does show off the big gap on top of the nose cone :/

That gap is unavoidable because the nosecone has a wider curvature than the chestplate/back fuselage. the smaller chstplate will never match the shape/curvature of the nosecone ;)

It's not a dealbreaker for me (I guess it won't be for you either!). This VF, although not my favorite, is going to be a great toy.

That gap is unavoidable because the nosecone has a wider curvature than the chestplate/back fuselage. the smaller chstplate will never match the shape/curvature of the nosecone ;)

It's not a dealbreaker for me (I guess it won't be for you either!). This VF, although not my favorite, is going to be a great toy.

Yeah, that's pretty much a line-art problem. I suppose it could be possible to include a mechanism that allows you to push that portion down so it sits flush with the nose however considering the size of the parts you're working with right there it would be a mechanical nightmare to produce and/or would make the thing brittle beyond belief.

Disagree.

Yamato could always take a small liberty with the curvature of the noseconse and another small liberty with the curvature of the fuselage behind the canopy. They made it work much better on the YF-19 and you don't hear any complaints about inaccurate curvatures.

Where there's a will - there's a way.

I think "unavoidable" is too strong a word. Like so many other things, it's a compromise. The upper plate could have come down at more of an angle or some trick could have been used to reduce it at some greater expense. I've ordered one so you're right, not a deal breaker.

The thing that bugs/worries me the most from all of the images so far, is the gullet/lower torso section in Battroid.

The gaps are too big and the angle of the thing is wrong as well.

It should have a much more "tucked in" positioning.

I hate to say "i told ya so"... but I told ya!

I didn't disagree with you on the price, in fact, I believe I also said the price would be around the 300$ mark.

Unfortunately the valk comes out the same month as my sister's wedding... <_<

I didn't disagree with you on the price, in fact, I believe I also said the price would be around the 300$ mark.

Unfortunately the valk comes out the same month as my sister's wedding... <_<

That little "I told ya!" was just directed at the thread in general. I guess we all know now why the sound booster is being sold separately.

That little "I told ya!" was just directed at the thread in general. I guess we all know now why the sound booster is being sold separately.

gotcha. It's going to be interesting to see how well this new price point works out for yamato.. considering it's nearly double what bandai is asking for the DX 29.

Well this, and likely all other repaints are now officially out of my price range. Valks were getting expensive as it was, but this.......:rolleyes:

It's a shame too.:(

Chris

will wait to see if it goes on HLJ's holiday sale.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you....problem is the high priced VF-11 never seemed to be reduced all that much and wasn't that the last new VF that yamato made?

Chris

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, right? Not a first day buy for me, not because of anger and dislike of the bird, but more-so budget reasons. Price are raising on everything, and I don't see my paycheck matching that rate. I collect other things too. Sorry yamato, will wait for a sale or the next version of the 19.

I was looking a the pics of the valkyrie and I think that the face is kinda clownish...But I convinced myself it should be a great valkyrie since yamato has only been getting better with the designs of the new valkyries, but this price just made me realize that I will regret it since the price will make me emphasize the clown face of the valkyrie and grow to dislike it. If yamato made a new yf-19 with the new locking mechanism that would be a different story.

Oh yea by the way are there any bootlegs of these Yamato products? I have seen ebay sellers mention that there are bootlegs coming out of china... is this true?

Edited by fung430

I was looking a the pics of the valkyrie and I think that the face is kinda clownish...But I convinced myself it should be a great valkyrie since yamato has only been getting better with the designs of the new valkyries, but this price just made me realize that I will regret it since the price will make me emphasize the clown face of the valkyrie and grow to dislike it. If yamato made a new yf-19 with the new locking mechanism that would be a different story.

Oh yea by the way are there any bootlegs of these Yamato products? I have seen ebay sellers mention that there are bootlegs coming out of china... is this true?

This is the first I have heard of Yamato bootlegs. I know it is pretty easy to recast PVC figures, but it seems like it would be really hard and expensive to recast a whole Valkyrie toy.

You never know though, knowing how determined the bootleggers are to make a buck.

Edited by Loop

I've been wanting a neck piece like that for the YF-19 for a Loooooong time. Wonder if there'- a chance of a 'panel kit' for the current 1/60 YF-19 and variants...

• 2 weeks later...

My friend in Japan was very skeptical that Yamato was going to hit a June release date well before their current disasters (which is fine by me... so many other things going on right now). I think, like the V2 VF-1, I will be very impressed by this toy but find a few things I wish they did differently.