Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

The mold is looking great, but I'm just not crazy about that red and yellow color scheme, nor the face. If anybody's feeling frisky w/ Photoshop, it'd be neat to see a Blazer scheme.

Just like Ignacio and I suspect a few others, the Mac Donald's Valk is not really my favorite, neither is Mac 7 overall, but this toy is coming together ridiculously cool and I think I am now fully convinced! Hope it's not going to have some evil weakness embedded! (crossing my fingers).

(OT alert)

If Yamato can pull off such a cool toy so many years after the show was over, I can only dream what VF-25 , VF-27 or VF-171 they can make in the distant future.

(/OT alert)

I was thinking the same thing.

But would rather buy a "VF-19A Excaliber" from "VFX-2" build.

Although I am seriously considering buying this.

Edited by DARKWIND

Apologies up front if I missed this explained earlier, but why is the Battroid mode so...stubby?

Is that how the VF-19 looks in the line-art and animation or is it a product of the prototype pics we've seen?

-b.

Apologies up front if I missed this explained earlier, but why is the Battroid mode so...stubby?

Is that how the VF-19 looks in the line-art and animation or is it a product of the prototype pics we've seen?

-b.

YF/VF-19 is supposed to look stubby. It's just all the toy got the legs wrong until now

-b.

YF/VF-19 is supposed to look stubby. It's just all the toy got the legs wrong until now

+1 Yamato probably done the best toy design from the rendering. The VF-19 is bulky and stubby.

VF19kaisoldier.gif

Graham, can you pls talk with Yamato if the can include a special stand with either the vf-19 kai, or with the sound booster set, similar to one made for the yf-21, to really help with the batroid mode with the sound booster (or even without) to be like it was floating. The standard yamato arm stand just doesnt cut it, and i find the stand included with the yf-21 to be superior as it can properly hold the valk in all modes, and is transparent. I havent seen this mentioned (maybe i missed it), that's why i am worried it wont be included. Also, Graham, pls ask Yamato to make sure joints are tight.

I do also want the basara figure with the guitar to be included, as you already mentioned.

All this said, i was planning to originally only buy the blazzer only, as it looked nicer. However, after finally watching macross 7, not only did i like it more than the other macross series, but i thoughed Basara was my favorate character in all of the series, and am now planning to buy first the vf-19 kai, and if i have money and still really want it, the blazzer. The sound booster is a must for me!!! And i really would like a proper stand.

Hi guys! I´ve just seen this TwitPic by Yamato_Toys… Do you think it could belong to what I think?

The top of course is the colored fist.

The bottom left and right are a tweeter and parts for the shoulder speaker.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macross7/vf-19custom/vf-19custom-battroid-shoulderpods.gif

It looks like there will be a lot of really nice details on this toy!

I’d being working on a Blazer colour scheme but Vic Mancini has already made a very good job with it. So just let me share with you all a more detailed version of my previous Kai prototype.

post-12283-129089606324_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reïvaj

+1 Yamato probably done the best toy design from the rendering. The VF-19 is bulky and stubby.

Cool...thanks guys. My mental image of the YF is that of a more slim profile so that's why this is in such contrast in my eyes. If both are supposed to be bulky/stubby then Yamato's emphasis on B mode comes through loud and clear.

-b.

Cool...thanks guys. My mental image of the YF is that of a more slim profile so that's why this is in such contrast in my eyes. If both are supposed to be bulky/stubby then Yamato's emphasis on B mode comes through loud and clear.

-b.

Yeah. Actually, I'm hoping that Yamato revises the YF-19 eventually with these proportions and engineering. That'd be the definitive 19 for me.

I find it highly unlikely this toy would be an exclusive. I just heard a rumor that the MSRP hasn't been determined yet but to expect it to be the most expensive valk to date (and that's before we even consider the better Yen:Dollar times). Maybe that means it will come packed with lots of goodies though.