Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

You know, engineering is an iterative process. We would all like to get things working great the first time but more often than not it's a case of try, try again.

Exactly. smile.gif I'm just eagerly awaiting the next iteration.

I guess what startles me a little is that the YF-19 is a step backwards from the 1/48 VF-1 in my opinion. The 1/48 was sturdy, and had pretty darn reliable joints. The YF-19? Not so much.

This is getting pretty far off the subject though. I really can't wait to see this thing completed, and get a full set of views of it.

Edited by Chronocidal

Man this thing looks sweet! Look at that tiny little ankle joint, guessing that will be die-cast. Gotta say though, the 19 series gerwalk mode always looked like an after thought to me.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Nice, actual ball joints? I do wish they were a little thicker though, those don't look anything like actual exhaust ducts. :lol: Hope they're metal too, I'd really love to be able to twist the feet all over the place.

I'm liking the head mechanism too, looks like the panels to the sides of the head fold up to let it pass without removing any of the head pieces.

Man this thing looks sweet! Look at that tiny little ankle joint, guessing that will be die-cast. Gotta say though, the 19 series gerwalk mode always looked like an after thought to me.

Chris

Yeah G-mode always seems to be mid transformation between battroid and fighter mode to me, especially with the conspicuous mid fuselage gap. It still looks very sweet though. I hate the ankle vernier rings so here's hoping for a VF-19A.

Looks good. Not crazy about the Kai's paint scheme; I'll hold out for a Blazer or maybe some other non-canon paint scheme down the road. Design-wise, however, I prefer the VF-19's design over the YF-19. I think the Kai's and the YF-19's wings look better in battroid than the "F" and "S" models, even though I dig how the latter's wings look in fighter. If they make a VF-19F with white stripes, I'll bite. I'm not too crazy about yellow, and the white "pops" more with the blue and dark grey, to me, anyway.

I've never been a fan of G-mode in any valk. To me, they all pretty much look like a mid-transformation glitch...a plane with arms and legs. Kinda silly, IMO.

Hope this will maybe pave the way for a VF-17.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Yeah G-mode always seems to be mid transformation between battroid and fighter mode to me, especially with the conspicuous mid fuselage gap. It still looks very sweet though. I hate the ankle vernier rings so here's hoping for a VF-19A.

Isn't that what ALL Gerwalk modes are?? lol

Not really, can you point out what other valkyries have raised chest hiding the wings in the armpit in gerwalk mode besides YF-19 and VF-19? :ph34r:

No I can't but what I meant was all Gerwalk mode is pretty much a half transformation between fighter and Battroid. The fighter has to "pass through" the Gerwalk mode to get into Battroid mode.

all this talk about gerwalk mode looking funny, that's what it is!!! fighter with legs and arms, able to vtol and catch falling brats! Gerwalk is THE mode.

Oh I'm a fan of the gerwalk mode, god knows I've got most of my valks displayed in that mode. It's just that none of them has that weird and unsightly gap in the fuselage.

That said it's not the toy's fault so I'll be keeping a keen eye on this.

Chris

I think all Gerwalk and Battroid are after thoughts to some extent. I don't know if this is 100% true but I'm pretty sure Kawamori always starts out designing the fighter first and then figure out what the G and B modes will look like according to the fighter design.

It's the other way around, he designs Battroid mode first most time, and works backwards, i do remember reading that somewhere before.

That is strange, as I prefer to keep my valks in fighter or gerwalk mode. But then again, there is a reason I don't dig gundams.

I have a confession to make. I have never really seen Macross 7. My interest in the VF-19 relates to me getting the chunky Bandai one that was released like 10 years ago. Can someone give me a link or something to where I can watch it online and actually know who and what you guys are talking about. ^_^