Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Yamato are aiming for the end of the year for the 19Kai, so it will probably be a while before we see and prototype pics or CAD lineart.

Graham

hmm.. nothing new until end of year? So I guess 2010 will mostly consist of reissues and re-paints

Edited by Ivan

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how they are going to do the antennas/head lasers in fightermode. The HI-Metal version had to remove them since there is no room for those tall antennas to be completely covered up.

Or perhaps they will change the design so they do poke up.

I hope they find a way to make them completely hidden and still PT.

There would be room in the YF-19 sculpt if they turn the head around backwards, probably (so that the fins point into the body). It would be better if they came up with a better covering mechanism, though.

Knowing that the Fire Valk is bulkier than the YF-19, I'm sure Yamato will pull off more tricks in their 1/60 version than we expect. I actually could care less about the Fire Valk (as Basara is one of my least favorite characters in the entire Macross universe), but I'm really hoping for this model to influence Yamato to make the VF-19S Blazer Valk and the VF-19P.

• 1 month later...

Funny, I was just thinking that this was the first year in a while that there wasn't anything new comming out in the summer at all or that i wanted from yamato. Looking forward to finally seeing some progress pictures of the VF-19. Hope the sculpt is a big improvement over the YF-19.

Chris

As for me, I've never liked the Macross7 series or movie...to corny for me...

But, a YAMATO 1/60 VF-19!!! I say bring it on baby!!! Will be selling my remaining TFs for this one....lol!

That's what I thought when I first watched a few episodes 5 years ago, but now that I've started watching it in earnest, it's actually quite fun if you're a fan of Gamlin.

I'll still wait for a blazer or a repaint though, since I dislike gaudy coloured valks (also a reason why I collect CFs).

Edited by raptormesh

That's what I thought when I first watched a few episodes 5 years ago, but now that I've started watching it in earnest, it's actually quite fun if you're a fan of Gamlin.

I'll still wait for a blazer or a repaint though, since I dislike gaudy coloured valks (also a reason why I collect CFs).

I hated mac 7 the first time i watched it. but it being part of macross, i decided to give it another chance. boy, i'm so glad i did! before i knew it, I was cheering on Basara everytime he went out singing! When u reach the last 5 or 6 episode, the whole series goes into a climax of epic proportions! Call it a silly series for kids with goofy bad guys, but basara's belief in the power of music won me over and i even listen to his songs now. not everyone's cup of tea i know, but give it a chance and maybe u'll be surprised :)

believe me, I did give the series a chance...and still the only thing positive for me are the mechas, heh....can't wait for teaser pics of vf-19 and vf-17!

owh, btw, this is just my personal opinion...not intended to offend Mac7 fans out there....

believe me, I did give the series a chance...and still the only thing positive for me are the mechas, heh....can't wait for teaser pics of vf-19 and vf-17!

owh, btw, this is just my personal opinion...not intended to offend Mac7 fans out there....

no worries.. everyone's entitled to their own opinions :)

i so need a VF-17 to fly along with basara :D

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind a bit about the exposed head really.. I leave the cover off the Hi-Metal anyway because I don't care to swap all those tiny parts.

That CAD though... bothers me. Severely. The views of the nose don't look too bad on their own, but that top view is very, very wrong. Not quite Bandai 1/65 wrong, but close.

They may have dropped the nose, which I like.. but the LEX should NOT extend ahead of the canards!

True, I admit I was looking at the Hi-Metal when I said that, and that version has the hip joint fairly far back, pushing the LEX further behind the canard. (btw, LEX= leading edge extension, the upper portion of the hips above the main intake)

Maybe I should rephrase what I mean... the nose just looks too short. The space between the canards and the head looks really compressed, and it pushes the top of the hips clear up to the canopy. Even that line art shows the front edge of the hip plate falling under the canards, not ahead of them (on the top view anyway.. yay for line-art :lol:)

Eh, I'm just paranoid. I just hate these "wait and see" bits. Hopefully we'll see a bit more CAD work soon like we did with the YF-19.

There is definitely a droop to the nose, but the gullet also looks slimmed somewhat, not sure about the LERX, need to check the lineart, but overall it looks promising. If it pans out wait for YF-19 V3 with the improvements made here, lol.