Live Action Evangelion Film

Again, I'm referring to the "specific" way in which both stories play out.

(...)

That's a very interesting montage you made there. So Matrix is "Welt am Draht" with a Megazone 23 plot structure!

Btw. "am Draht" = "on (the) line". Internet avant le lettre! I had a big WTF?! moment when I watched Matrix and they changed dimensions through the phones like in that obscure TV movie from '73 - and then even the rest of the concept turned out to be just the same.

I don't deny the influence of Megazone 23 onto Matrix, but Simulacron 3 was there a long time before M23 – and a long time before Neuromancer aswell, while I'm at it – so one can't be wrong in saying that Galouye's book probably had an heavy influence onto the Wachoski bros too...

Live action filmmakers can base their stuff on

0.08-0.10 is really funny.

Taksraven

so the movie will be 3 minutes of action fallowed by a single still image for 75 minutes wile Beethoven's 9th symphony plays in it's entirety, then cut to black.

Edited by anime52k8

so the movie will be 3 minutes of action fallowed by a single still image for 75 minutes wile Beethoven's 9th symphony plays in it's entirety, then cut to black.

Well that would make it a faithful adaptation of the original series, and I wouldn't complain about sitting through the 9th (great symphony)

Taksraven

If this live action EVA movie is to be made, I ask one huge request.... Keep Michael Bay the frak away from this project.

As far as Beethoven's 9th symphony, some of it should be played in the movie.

I don't think Michael Bay's brain comprehends EVA. If he watched it he'd probably say that it lacks explosions and would probably cast Shia Lebouf (did I spell that correctly?) as Shinji.

I don't think Gainax would allow it anyway.

Bay: This scene needs more N2 bombs!

Weta: But won't have any effect on the angel...

Bay: I don't care! More explosions! F*@K YEAH!

More like

Bay: I just poopied my pants again.

Studio: Change the nappy yourself this time.

Bay: Can I play with my poopy?

Studio: As long as you film it and call it Transformers 3!

Bay: OK

Taksraven