Panzer World Galient

DarrinG

I've seen bits of this on Youtube or wherever but would like all the episodes and OVAs subtitled.

Anybody have leads? Bittorrent came up empty for me but I didn't do exhaustive searching. Frankly I've never gotten anything successfully from shared networks so I may just suck at it.

Yahoo Japan has some DVD packs but they are in the $160 to $180 range and not sure if they'll be the correct U.S. region code. They wouldn't be subtitled either I would think.

BEYOND THAT - I'm strictly a Macross / Mospeada collector but some of these designs have me itching to stray.

Where do they rate all-time? (hard to say I know) . . .

post-8486-1265224645_thumb.jpg

post-8486-1265224668_thumb.jpg

post-8486-1265224676_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

Japanese DVDs are Region-2 and the US are Region-1, so unless you have a multi-region DVD player, no they won't work. Though these days, its probably harder to find a DVD player that isn't multi-region capable by some means or other! :) The DVDs are also exceptionally unlikely to have subtitles.

I did see that fan-sub page. I think he only has episode 4 of Panzer World done. Not sure why he didn't start with episode 1.

And wish he had not used the F word so much and referenced 'panty shots' in one little page. I had to assure my wife (who happened to be sitting w/ me) that Panzer and Dougram are just robot shows - sheesh.

Anyhow - someone mentioned I check out Escaflowne as the material is much easier to find, English and or subbed - and with the familiar feel to Panzer World.

I liked the animation, editing, sound of Escaflowne but I did not dig the mecha or story in any way. I don't really like high school kid feel, mystical tarot cards, fem-characters etc.

I don't like mech designs that you cannot tell what is going on with the mechanics. Too cluttered might be a better way to put it. I like the more primitive, simplistic feel of Panzer World.

SO - ANYONE have any leads other than one episode? Its 2010 for gosh sakes - no downloads of the OVAs?

post-8486-1265309144_thumb.jpg

Whatsamatter? Don't you like girls...? :p

Well I'm married so I do really like one in particular.

This could be a whole thread but I have strong feelings about sexual content in the sci-fi I like - especially what I consider totally forced or out of place t and a.

Aliens, Avatar, Star Wars, Raiders, Terminator 2, original Macross etc have almost none of what I consider forced sexual content and I enjoyed them completely. Macross Frontier is out of bounds and I have bought nothing and will not be getting anything from the series.

~ This is too far reaching a subject to squeeze into a few sentences ~ if this topic takes on a life here (which I doubt) I might open another thread to discuss.

----------

ANYHOW - where's my links to Panzer World downloads?? How many members do we have here? Nothing?

Where's the opinions about where Panzer World mech designs - where they rate all time? Too 80s?

Should we start a thread of best designs all time? Dunbine, L-Gaim, Dougram . . .

ANYHOW - where's my links to Panzer World downloads?? How many members do we have here? Nothing?

Where's the opinions about where Panzer World mech designs - where they rate all time? Too 80s?

Should we start a thread of best designs all time? Dunbine, L-Gaim, Dougram . . .

I'll leave the controversy alone (for now) (although I don't think Escaflowne really had much sexual content) and say that I looked for Galient subs and, like everyone else, the only thing I found was the xnebula version, eps. 1-4 only so far.

But it's a sad fact that A LOT of '80s stuff hasn't been subbed yet by anyone except for maybe crappy Hong-Kong bootreg subbers. I'm still waiting for someone to finish Xabungle and L-Gaim or start on Daitarn 3. And I really wish someone would do the J9 trilogy.

But a lot of shows have simply fallen through the woodwork for now. Your best bet is to get the xnebula versions and sit tight. Dougram won't go on forever, and when they finish it, maybe they'll get Galient out faster.

I like what I've seen of GALIENT. But, I'm a huge 80s anime buff. I've been nabbing them from the Nebula-X blog.

Just as a tip: there's a really nice vintage Sansei Galient Joint Model offered for 99-cents and about $6 postage on eBay by one seller, from a warehouse deadstock, so they seem to be offered regularly. If you've got the cash to spare, it'll be worth your while. I got one myself. Fun toy, great package graphics (Even has Okawara's signature displayed on the box!). Transforms into Gerwalk, metal in the feet, big shiny sword, bright colors, everything a toy should be - and cheap!

I like what I've seen of GALIENT. But, I'm a huge 80s anime buff. I've been nabbing them from the Nebula-X blog.

Just as a tip: there's a really nice vintage Sansei Galient Joint Model offered for 99-cents and about $6 postage on eBay by one seller, from a warehouse deadstock, so they seem to be offered regularly. If you've got the cash to spare, it'll be worth your while. I got one myself. Fun toy, great package graphics (Even has Okawara's signature displayed on the box!). Transforms into Gerwalk, metal in the feet, big shiny sword, bright colors, everything a toy should be - and cheap!

Been looking on eBay but I will look extra hard for this! Post a link here if you see it.

I'm going to try to get the CMs figure soon, and the massively expensive WAVE version in the distant future . . .

Got him today.

• Styrofoam goodness, vintage box with little wear, except plastic window was punctured : (

• Fun to put together, pretty good articulation, metal feet!

• CHANGES MODES! Like the middle fin left out a little more

• Too bad they did not make the centaur figures in this 1/100 scale (only 1/144)

You can't beat this for a buck!

post-8486-1265653010_thumb.jpg

post-8486-1265653019_thumb.jpg

post-8486-1265653028_thumb.jpg

post-8486-1265653106_thumb.jpg

post-8486-1265653122_thumb.jpg

post-8486-1265653132_thumb.jpg

Glad you picked it up! Its a really fun little toy, and is actually the size of your average Revoltech. Even the box deserves its own display space.

I did in the areas on the wings & some sprue-clip pionts & whatnot that should be painted red with Testors Model Masters "Guard Red". It was a good match. A little Gundam panel pen around the eyes and in some of the vents & such in the head and torso brought out some character in it as well.

Edited by AcroRay

• 6 years later...

I just noticed some news for galient that had me excited. They are adding this series to the bandai minipla trading kits and they are doing the anime and ova  versions along with the centaur type robots as well, with others possible.

I passed up the Ideon and the Walker Gallier releases reluctantly, but after seeing finished items from those series I will definitely be all in on these.

I love Galient too. But the Super Minipla is kinda too small for me. But seeing that it can convert into the Assault mode and the sillhouette of Promaxis/Zee who knows, right? ;) Maybe down the line Bandai might release a Robot Damashii line for the Galient. ^_^ 

Since this thread was resurrected, let's post some pics shall we? :wub:

SU17.png

SU18.png

SU19.png

SU20.png

P1350038-800x533.jpg

Photos courtesy of TagHobby.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I believe it's packaged 2 in a box, but from Hlj and hobby search descriptions it's a mystery. So what I gather is that the box could contain the tv or ova galient, but you don't know if you get one of each or two of the same item. That's why I ordered two boxes in the hope of getting one of each.

Edited by Big s
Just checked Hlj and I may have gotten that info from amiami. Hlj says you get one of each and some gum

6 hours ago, Big s said:

I believe it's packaged 2 in a box, but from Hlj and hobby search descriptions it's a mystery. So what I gather is that the box could contain the tv or ova galient, but you don't know if you get one of each or two of the same item. That's why I ordered two boxes in the hope of getting one of each.

I see. Thanks for that info. I'll just await then when it reopens at HLJ, AmiAmi, or Nippon-Yasan. ;)

I'm still not 100% sure on how these are packaged, but I will have extras of something if you end up out of luck later on. Or maybe you may get an extra of one I may need. I'll post what comes in when it comes in and if worse comes to worse maybe figure out trading later.

• 3 months later...