A thought...

I recently had an idea. I came about this idea when I was scouring evilbay for a Samus action figure (from Nintendo's Metroid series.)

With Super Smash Brothers: Brawl recently released, as well as the long line of classic Nintendo series being rekindled by new Wii titles, it occured to me that Nintendo action figures would be a lot of fun. In fact, there are quite a few Nintendo characters that have been immortalized in PVC and ABS plastic. However, acquiring these toys has proved to be not only difficult, but extremely straining on one's wallet.

After my failure to unearth the elusive Joyride Samus Aran action figure for a decent price, I decided to start a new pursuit & put that one aside for later. I eventually came upon Kaiyodo's Revoltech website. I spent some time browsing their veritable cornucopia of figures from countless series, from Alien to Getter Robo, Evangelion to Transformers, Street Fighter, etc.

It occured to me, if Kaiyodo can make revoltech figures from fandoms as obscure as, say, Kerberus Panzer Cops, then why couldn't they cash in on a bigger enterprise...for example, Nintendo characters?

The gears in my head began to turn as I pieced together a Revoltech Samus Aran action figure in my head. Could you imagine the plethora of epic poses one could make with such a figure? The Samus figure could include extra hands (a fist, a gun-holding hand, and an open/action hand. Anyone who owns a Revo VF-1 knows the hand I'm talking about,) an extra gun attachment for the missile-firing mode, a metroid, and of course, interchangeable heads (a helmet & an unmasked Samus.)

As I am a huge Metroid fan, Samus was the obvious first-choice in my mind of all the Nintendo characters. However, my thoughts soon turned to the game Super Smash Brothers Brawl, which I had recently played.

My mind moved on in the Nintendo Revoltech Series to include such famous characters as Captain Falcon from F-Zero (he could come with a transparent falcon-shaped fireball to attach to his fist for a FALCON-PUNCH,) Pit from Kid Icarus (A bow-and arrow, poseable wings, dual swords, and a lyre,) Link from Legend of Zelda (you could imagine the accessories he could include,) and of course Mario and Luigi!

There are many characters I didn't list; I'll let your imagination do that for you.

Anyway, my point here is that Nintendo is a huge company with many characters. You would think there would be way more merch coming from them, especially in the toy department.

So what do you guys think? Is such an idea practical? Is such an idea possible? Profitable? I would write in to Kaiyodo and request this for myself, but I don't know Japanese. XP

I mean, there are so many things Kaiyodo could consider. I would love to have a Big O, perhaps a Nirvash from Eureka 7, a movie-version Optimus Prime, perhaps some figures from Tokusou Kihei Dorvack (like the Caliber or the Gazette.)

I suppose this is going to turn into a general Revoltech thread rather than a Nintendo Revoltech thread, now. -_-

Video games in general are the great untapped Revoltech/Figma opportunity. Instead it's just "idol singer anime after idol singer anime", etc.

Even when they do, they screw it up. Where's the Cammy/Bison/Vega/Sagat Street Fighter figs? They did Ken/Ryu/Chun, and a couple people nobody knows. They didn't even bother making Akuma when they already had 95% of the parts.

Even when they do, they screw it up. Where's the Cammy/Bison/Vega/Sagat Street Fighter figs? They did Ken/Ryu/Chun, and a couple people nobody knows. They didn't even bother making Akuma when they already had 95% of the parts.

And those don't even look that good...

I kinda wished Figma/Revotech would put up a poll or request form, but that'll probably never happen.