2/3 finished custom!

Guppy

Hi, here's my latest custom which is 2/3 finished! I have a lot of friends and family staying over the next month so I won't get much time to finish it so I got impatient and posted a few pics now. This is the idea I was talking about in a recent thread which is here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...t=ST&f=4&t=2876

Anyway, here are some quick pics! I am thinking about changing the nose tip, like make the grey part bigger or making the whole nose blue, so any suggestions are welcome! The legs when finished will be the same style as a cannon fodder - in this case grey with the sides blue. The tail fins are getting jolly roger flag decals too. I was pretty happy with how painting the fuselage shape turned out - ie, making it all blue to stand out from the chest plate and wind brake hatch thingie.

plane2.jpg

plane3.jpg

plane4.jpg

plane5.jpg

valk1.jpgvalk2.jpg

Yay! That Valk looks better everytime I see it!

Looking good Gup, I still think you should paint the frame of the canopy in the same light grey you used on the toy.

Yep, the nose tip looks too small. Better paint it blue or make the grey tip bigger.

What about shoulders, since you are not painting the forearms maybe you can put some blue on the shoulders?

Like it a lot!!!

Thanks!

Monkey - yep, I'm gonna do the panel lines with a mechanical pencil so they are a subtle grey rather than black.

Sebastian - I am leaving the whole arm grey, but I am thinking of doing the 'triangles' on the shoulders red, or maybe a decal? I might just try your idea for a grey canopy trim!

Nice. I thought the original colour scheme was a bit strange but it looks good here.

Yep it is kinda strange, but what did you spect? It is a custom made by Guppy after all... :p

To be honest? I thought the original paint scheme looks bad. But it turns out for the best.

I honestly do miss the chestplate V-stripe though, and the sight of the Skull-and-Crossbones where the Kite normally is placed is really strange.

To be honest? I thought the original paint scheme looks bad. But it turns out for the best.

I honestly do miss the chestplate V-stripe though, and the sight of the Skull-and-Crossbones where the Kite normally is placed is really strange.

I think you did a good job on it. Looks really clean. The Skull and Crossbones on it only look strange

because everyone is used to seeing the flags there. If you block images of Macross out of your mind,

I think it looks perfectly fine from an aesthetic point of view.

hi

nice colours. but

you should plug the screws holes there (follow one of the yellow arrows)

and of course the ones on the back, arms, etc...

is there a way to put resin or some kind of rubber in those horrible holes? Would look 10x better.

Just an advice

post-4-1069104915_thumb.jpg

Edited by Göönk

hehe, I was wondering what people would think of the skull & crossbones instead of the macross flag! :p

I was bored with doing the same design over and over again, so I tried to make this one as different as possible.

Goonk - don't worry, I still have the little 'plugs' that go in those holes. I just haven't painted them yet. :)

Goonk - don't worry, I still have the little 'plugs' that go in those holes. I just haven't painted them yet.  :)

You should fill em instead...

Yeah but what if he wants to take that thing apart later?

The legs I borrowed off my 1S as they aren't finished yet.

And I think I will stick to the plugs rather than putty for the backpack as that hinge that connects the backpack to the main body need to be coated heavily with primer and dullcoat as the paint will wear quickly from rubbing.