Star Trek Online

Vostok 7

Any chance the Beta *just* ended? Now I get "invalid username or password".

Still working here. They were having server problems, so maybe try again?

Here's my new ship, a Cheyenne Class (modified with lots of Dakota and Stargazer Class parts), the U.S.S. Idaho Falls, NCC-93227

771998364_d5QGs-X2.jpg

771998344_TEYM9-X2.jpg

771998359_mvcNL-X2.jpg

At the Guardian of Time...

771998211_W9rSH-X2.jpg

On a mission with a buddy.

771998276_mn9AQ-X2.jpg

still working for me as well. I'm seeing a lot of tier 3 ships now too. They're mighty purdy to look at

Already saw a couple Tier 4s tonight. :blink:

Now that I've hit Commander I'm taking a break for a little bit until Head Start begins. I could try to push for the next level but no real reason to do that work and then just have to do it all over again.

In case anyone hadn't seen it, here's the latest ship chart. http://suricatasblog.files.wordpress.com/2...ptierchart1.png

Edited by Vostok 7

I started playing the beta last night, so far its a slow start, quite alot of stuff to get the hang of. I think i'll get the life time subscription for it, now that i've plunged myself in to the world of MMOs proper. So when the actual server goes up, does that mean all the beta characters are wiped?

If so i guess I'll try not to put too much effort into my character till the head start begins. My character is called "Waters" my ship is called uss ZETA :lol:

I started playing the beta last night, so far its a slow start, quite alot of stuff to get the hang of. I think i'll get the life time subscription for it, now that i've plunged myself in to the world of MMOs proper. So when the actual server goes up, does that mean all the beta characters are wiped?

If so i guess I'll try not to put too much effort into my character till the head start begins. My character is called "Waters" my ship is called uss ZETA :lol:

Traditionally, Beta toons are wiped. So chances are that yes, you'll lose them. Some games (like Champions Online) had special stuff you could unlock for the actual game via participating in the beta.

get it, we can make a macrossworld fleet and be scourge of, I dunno.. the robotech fleet.

I would totally be down with a Macross World fleet

arg, another emergency maintenance, for 2 hours, and I', so close to getting level 11...

Might not make it before the beta is over, not with my WoW raids on mon-wed >.<

Hey, this time they actually notified people that it was shutting down--8 min notice, too. Logged out at the Laurentian system.

mike---no idea about the screen probs, I merely hit prtscrn and that's what I get. The game simply doesn't "record" the HUD.

Hey, this time they actually notified people that it was shutting down--8 min notice, too. Logged out at the Laurentian system.

mike---no idea about the screen probs, I merely hit prtscrn and that's what I get. The game simply doesn't "record" the HUD.

It's ok, I figured out that when you hit Print Screen, you might have a black wall posted to your clipboard, but a screen shot is saved sans-hub in your installation folder. I managed to snag a good one of my almost-Constitution-class USS Executor buzzing the wormhole to the Gamma Quadrant.

post-187-1264398533_thumb.jpg

How are you guys getting such nice screens? I can't figure out how to hide my HUD, and even if I don't whenever I hit the "print screen" key, whatever I paste into winds up being a 1680x1050 wall of black.

Check your C:/users/public/games/Cryptic Studios/star trek online/live/screenshots/

That's where the game deposits them when you hit printscreen.

Replace Users with Documents and Settings if you're not on Windows 7 (or Vista?)

Check your C:/users/public/games/Cryptic Studios/star trek online/live/screenshots/

That's where the game deposits them when you hit printscreen.

Replace Users with Documents and Settings if you're not on Windows 7 (or Vista?)

On my comp there is no games folder (or any subfolders) in C:/users/public.

For me, they're in D:/Program Files/STO/Star Trek Online/Live/screenshots. Change D to C and STO for Cryptic Studios if you used the default installation path.

I was looking for the wormhole when I was at DS9, never saw it.

It's hard to miss. From where you enter the system, it's behind and to the right of DS9. What I'm thinking though is that it might be open or closed at different times. It seemed like it just opened when I entered the system.

Here's another one I snagged earlier around Andoria.

post-187-1264398904_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikeszekely

*sigh*

Took the plunge to try a bit of the Open Beta before it ends. Firstly, I'm just happy playing an MMO that is actually sci-fi. My newb toon is named "Ambrose" and my starting ship is a Miranda class, USS Relentless. I only now have a complete trio for Bridge Officers (Tactical, Engineering, Science). Doing a couple missions here and there, still getting used to it. Not fun having a Negvhar jump me when focused on something else :wacko:

A couple wishes:

* I wish I could jump straight away to a Klingon character, not having to go through a Federation career path of X amount of levels before being able to make one.

* Glancing around at all the preorder exclusives, they have TOS, TNG, DS9 uniforms covered. But they left out the TMP uniforms that actually looked like... naval uniforms.

My computer is no longer cutting edge, but it still runs the game pretty nicely.

For me, they're in D:/Program Files/STO/Star Trek Online/Live/screenshots. Change D to C and STO for Cryptic Studios if you used the default installation path.

Same for me, and I too changed the folder to "STO" instead of Cryptic. (I hate having programs within layers and layers of folders---anything more than 2 folders deep is too deep---and who on earth actually arranges programs by publishing company?)

Same for me, and I too changed the folder to "STO" instead of Cryptic. (I hate having programs within layers and layers of folders---anything more than 2 folders deep is too deep---and who on earth actually arranges programs by publishing company?)

More or less. I install most programs to C:/Program Files, but I install all my games do D:/Program Files. That's as deep as most games go for me. The only exceptions is if I have multiple games from a series, then they'll get grouped by series (ex. D:/Program Files/Call of Duty/Modern Warfare 2). Grouping by publisher is just dumb... half the games I own would wind up in D:/Program Files/Activision.

*sigh*

Took the plunge to try a bit of the Open Beta before it ends. Firstly, I'm just happy playing an MMO that is actually sci-fi. My newb toon is named "Ambrose" and my starting ship is a Miranda class, USS Relentless. I only now have a complete trio for Bridge Officers (Tactical, Engineering, Science). Doing a couple missions here and there, still getting used to it. Not fun having a Negvhar jump me when focused on something else :wacko:

A couple wishes:

* I wish I could jump straight away to a Klingon character, not having to go through a Federation career path of X amount of levels before being able to make one.

* Glancing around at all the preorder exclusives, they have TOS, TNG, DS9 uniforms covered. But they left out the TMP uniforms that actually looked like... naval uniforms.

My computer is no longer cutting edge, but it still runs the game pretty nicely.

TWoK uniforms (Kirk's red Admiral uniform, not the '70s ish jumpsuits used in TMP) can be had by entering this code in the beta code box on the STO website: JIH MUSHA SOH

But, they won't be unlocked until after Beta. :(

TWoK uniforms (Kirk's red Admiral uniform, not the '70s ish jumpsuits used in TMP) can be had by entering this code in the beta code box on the STO website: JIH MUSHA SOH

But, they won't be unlocked until after Beta. :(

Oh wow, the code worked :lol:

I guess if there's one good thing about having a Fed toon in that uniform is to go around ranting about those "Klingon bastards!"

Hehe I was doing some enemy sensor contacts in the Sirius sector with my T3 cruiser, going soloing against the big Klingon groups with no problem, and I was watching the T1s trying to do what I was doing when I was taking a break during down time and I was counting to my fleet as they went down :lol: By the third one I decided to go help out :lol:

Ah, I remember those days. :lol:

You know I really didn't have trouble at all in my T1 cruiser, it's all about not biting off more than you can chew. I was really dying to get to T3, but since once beta is over it allll resets I held off.

Really looking forward to T3 and up, especially Sovereign, I love that ship design.

Found the biggest fleet and ground groups so far, very fun. Probably be about the last thing I experience though. (I still don't plan on buying it---the missions seem to be just cut and paste copies of each other, and still no Excelsior/Ambassador/Nebula class---and if they come out later, what's the point---everyone will have Sovereigns by then)

PS---has anyone posted a pic of their captain? If not I'll start. Aliens are still quite rare, and I haven't seen another Kobali yet.

screenshot_2010-01-25-01-57-47.jpg

screenshot_2010-01-24-22-16-34.jpg

I was looking for the wormhole when I was at DS9, never saw it.

I visited DS9, i saw the worm hole open, i tried to fly in it but i just past right through it. I was really looking forward to getting to the gamma quadrant :lol:

-has anyone posted a pic of their captain? If not I'll start.

I think people tend to play as human because they want to imagine themselves, not necessarily their characters, as captains of their ships.

Anyway, here's Lt. Commander Mike "Zero" McAwesome, the Executor's skipper.

post-187-1264442948_thumb.jpg