The Amazing Spider-Man, on Blu-Ray/DVD Nov. 9, 2012

areaseven

The more pictures I see of Emma Stone, the more i'm convinced that she HAS to play MJ. She's already got that MJ vibe, and she's not even trying yet.

http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/collections/gallery/2840/young-actresses-reading-for-spiderman-movie#photo1

... and right on cue, they cast her for Gwen Stacy instead. Figures. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know the villains yet?

Eitherway one thing I,m really sick of is seeing spider-man swing on his damn web thru the city with his legs wrapped around his ears!!!

I know it,s an iconic image and hollywood will hit us over the head with it as many times as they can.BUT just for once I,d like him to act more like a spider!!!

Like seeing him hide in a dark corner on the side of the wall in a crouch position,and fleeing his enemies by crawling incredibly fast along a wall stopping and starting like a spider would,turning back on himself changing directions etc..And in a moment of extreme panic positioning himself further on his fingertips/toes and crawl even faster in that"hydrolic" flight or fight responce the spider gets when it knows it,s number is up!which it,ll most likely do jumping/leaping into the air trying to cover more ground in a last ditch effort.

As a man spider-man would be the best long jumper in history.

It,s like they decided in the first 3 films"lets get him swinging on that web,play out the fight scenes....and um..I know lets get him swinging on that web!!...yeah that,ll work,cut print!!"

"OK same time tomorrow guys-we,ll start out with action scene No.blah blah blah....with spider-man swinging on that web!"

I,d love to see spider-man against the lizard, with connors moving back to the everglads,and get spider-man out of his element and out of the damn city!!

Im glad its gwen, MJ has a small role in this film,If this spidey movie is 'Ultimate Spiderman' then the symbiote should play a large role,I saw casting rumours for eddie brocks father,which is 'Ultimate spidey' story line.

It's not the fact that Gwen has the major part in the movie that bothers me. I agree wholeheartedly that Gwen should be the main love interest (at least for the first movie). If she's there at all, MJ should have a very minimal impact on the movie.

What bothered me is that i've been seeing pictures of this actress who looks so perfect to play MJ (what with her red hair, green eyes, and fiery on-screen attitude), only to see her cast as the blonde and ever-demure Gwen Stacy.

Im glad its gwen, MJ has a small role in this film,If this spidey movie is 'Ultimate Spiderman' then the symbiote should play a large role,I saw casting rumours for eddie brocks father,which is 'Ultimate spidey' story line.

Sorta like the Iron Man movies are set in the Ultimate storyline (Nick Fury's a black guy in that line)?

What bothered me is that i've been seeing pictures of this actress who looks so perfect to play MJ (what with her red hair, green eyes, and fiery on-screen attitude), only to see her cast as the blonde and ever-demure Gwen Stacy.

Trivia time: Emma Stone is actually blonde. She dyed her hair for Superbad, and has been running with it ever since. And she can play the modest part good enough, she did it in The House Bunny.

Which leads us to the interesting situation of having an actress that could do both MJ and Gwen at the same time.

... damn, I wish they could cast her for both parts.

The Iron Man movies do not follow the Ultimate storyline in any fashion other than Nick Fury being black.

Which poses the question, who makes the better Nick Fury, Samuael L. Jackson or David Hasslehoff?

You get three tries, and the first two don't count. ;)

Trivia time: Emma Stone is actually blonde. She dyed her hair for Superbad, and has been running with it ever since. And she can play the modest part good enough, she did it in The House Bunny.

Which leads us to the interesting situation of having an actress that could do both MJ and Gwen at the same time.

One can only hope that they indeed do that.

It would be such a surreal Peter Parker story dilemma that he really wanted a redheaded Gwen all this time... :lol::p

never gonna happen, tho.

Yeah, I read the reports that she's a natural blonde. But from all i've seen her,she's a redhead. sheesh, i even tried googling for pics of her while she was still a blonde, and I couldn't find any. For all intents and purposes, her being a natural blonde is the same thing for me as the sound of one hand clapping. :p

But yeah, you're right, i'm sure if she's a good enough actress, she can pull of modest just fine. but still, as someone said, it feels like casting patrick stewart for magneto. sure, he can pull it of (he's patrick frickin stewart), but a part of you will always cry in anguish that he would have made the PERFECT prof X. hehe.

Yeah, I read the reports that she's a natural blonde. But from all i've seen her,she's a redhead. sheesh, i even tried googling for pics of her while she was still a blonde, and I couldn't find any. For all intents and purposes, her being a natural blonde is the same thing for me as the sound of one hand clapping. :p

But yeah, you're right, i'm sure if she's a good enough actress, she can pull of modest just fine. but still, as someone said, it feels like casting patrick stewart for magneto. sure, he can pull it of (he's patrick frickin stewart), but a part of you will always cry in anguish that he would have made the PERFECT prof X. hehe.

exactly. It's about her spunkiness, not the color of hair.

• 3 months later...

(Originally posted by Azrael on the remakes thread)

'Spider-Man' first look at Andrew Garfield in his costume: Why so serious?

Here's your Ultimate Spider-Man-based movie:

REMOVED TO PLEASE areaseven

Why'd they make it suck? I didn't really care for the funky spider-logo or the scaled look of the previous movies. This one keeps all that, then makes other weird changes too.

Edited by mikeszekely

^ LOL at Kirk!

But the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man pic does not look all that bad. And I got that same Ultimate Spider-Man meets The Dark Knight (or at least a darker atmosphere than the Raimi films) vibe too.

-b.

I don't mind Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man. I actually prefer his leaner look. I just don't care for how they took the worst elements from the first movie costume while making their own alterations. Spidey's costume is iconic, you can't just go making changes willy-nilly.

I'm also not sure about the darker tone. It works for Batman, because he's a darker character to begin with. Spidey's at his best when he's being a wise-arse. When you try to make Spidey darker, you wind up with angsty "Am I the clone or not" Spidey from the Clone Saga, or worse "I do anything to save my 200 year-old aunt including give up my marriage to a super model in a deal with the devil" Back In Black/One More Day Spidey.

I don't mind Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man. I actually prefer his leaner look. I just don't care for how they took the worst elements from the first movie costume while making their own alterations. Spidey's costume is iconic, you can't just go making changes willy-nilly.

I'm also not sure about the darker tone. It works for Batman, because he's a darker character to begin with. Spidey's at his best when he's being a wise-arse. When you try to make Spidey darker, you wind up with angsty "Am I the clone or not" Spidey from the Clone Saga, or worse "I do anything to save my 200 year-old aunt including give up my marriage to a super model in a deal with the devil" Back In Black/One More Day Spidey.

See, I don't mind the alterations they've made to his costume. I can deal with the stylized look most productions go with because they tend to translate better onto film.

I do agree with the school of thought that they should not make this into Spidey the Dark Arachnid or whatever, but it's just one photo and gives off a certain feel that goes against the light-heartedness/almost cartoon-y feel that the Raimi films did.

My gut tells me it will be a bit darker, but not so much that it flies in the face of what Spider-Man has traditionally been.

-b.

I like it, looks fine. And I like the thin, lanky build on the actor. Much more in keeping with the body type peter parker is supposed to have.

As for being too dark, spidey's origin story is supposed to be dark... so no worries there for me either.

I've never seen the Spider Man costume as something impressive to behold anyway, so darker, leaner, whatever works for me...

I'm also liking the new aestetic. Always thought that the Maguire Spidey was too bulky/buff for a supposed super agile hero. And could those be artificial webshooters?!

The pic looks emo but that is part of Spider-man ("sob,sob, my life sucks, I quit for the 89th time!"). The other is him being happy and letting out steam by talking the bad guys to death with crappy jokes. Hope I see this second part of him in the new movie. The Maguire trilogy had him very serious with very little time for him joking around while doing superhero things (and that is not even counting the "Emo-parker parts"). Hell, the frigging Goblin from the first movie was the one that made me laugh.

It looks closer to the comic book than the last suit. The old movie suit always looked like armor to me but I like this leaner one. Hopefully we'll have web shooters this time.

The Raimi-movie suits actually were pretty darn close to the comics so the new suit actually feels like a departure from the comics and the previous movies. The previous suit probably looked like armor because the stuntmen wore muscle-pad inserts in the suit. Garfield has a thinner physique so it probably feels less like a someone in a "suit of armor". About the web-shooters? There's talk of some budges on his wrists.

Also someone has made a gamma-enhanced version of the pick:

light.jpg

There won't be a mask. The filmmakers feel that the casual movie fans won't buy it and what works in the comic book won't work for the big screen! Theyre just gonna give him really big sunglasses and a backwards red cap.

lol. jk...