The Amazing Spider-Man, on Blu-Ray/DVD Nov. 9, 2012

areaseven

My only problem with the Leger Joker is that he didn't use any poison. Everyone knows ol' Jack Napier is a master venomeer.

Um, yes he did. (Jumping in before Gubaba has the chance.) He used acid in the liquor bottle (essentially poison in this context) to kill Commissioner Loeb.

Taksraven

• 4 months later...

Sony had announced that the reboot will be directed by Marc Webb, who directed music videos for Green Day ("Waiting" and "21 Guns"), Santana ("Nothing at All" and "Why Don't You & I") and My Chemical Romance ("I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" and "Helena"). The screenplay will be by James Vanderbilt (The Rundown, The Losers) and Alvin Sargent, who partially wrote the first three Spider-Man films (despite being uncredited for the first). The new storyline is rumored to be based on Ultimate Spider-Man.

The casting for Peter Parker has reportedly been narrowed down to three choices:

- Jamie Bell (Billy Elliot, Griffin in Jumper)

- Josh Hutcherson (Robert in the Red Dawn reboot, Steve in Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant)

- Andrew Garfield (Anton in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus)

At least it's not some douchebag from Twilight, but having some wanker from Jumper doesn't make the situation any better.

Spider-Man deserves his own live-action tv series ala Smallville. There's just too much history behind the character to cram into one movie. The X-Men need the same treatment. Once these characters are developed in a tv series, they don't have to be introduced and origins explained in a movie, taking away from the plot and duration.

They already had a live-action series in the seventies. At least it wasn't as campy as West's Batman.

• 4 weeks later...

It's Official! Andrew Garfield to Play Spider-Man!

After a comprehensive worldwide casting search, Andrew Garfield has been chosen to portray Peter Parker when Spider-Man swings back onto the screen in 3D on July 3, 2012. The new film will begin production in early December directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by James Vanderbilt. Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad will produce the film from Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios.

• 1 month later...

Sony had announced that the reboot will be directed by Marc Webb, who directed music videos for Green Day ("Waiting" and "21 Guns"), Santana ("Nothing at All" and "Why Don't You & I") and My Chemical Romance ("I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" and "Helena").

Anytime a director whose only experience is music videos is asked to direct a genre movie, it's a disaster just waiting to happen.

And agreed, we don't need another origins movie. Is there anybody on this planet that doesn't know how Spider-Man got his powers by now.

Graham

I used to think the exact same thing about David Fincher when he did Alien 3, but that changed when he directed Fight Club.

But by the time he directed Fight Club, his only experience wasn't music videos having already done Alien 3. To be fair though Fincher wasn't the main problem with Alien 3, and he had also directed commercials before that--similar to Ridley Scott. I'll still side with Graham though.

I'm still neutral on this movie. Christoph Waltz as the Lizard interests me; however, if it's another origin story, I probably won't see it either.

I will at least give it a chance. I have been a huge Spidey, fan for most of my life. And was a huge comic collector as well. But they turned me off with the revisited clone saga in Ultimate Spider-man and the Back in Black series and it's end result. You just can't delete 20+ years of history just like that.

The third movie was crap. wrong origins(Sand Man), wrong actors for roles(Eddy Brock, MJ(In all 3 movies)), and as has been said, emo Peter.

Edited by spiderman

Except his only experience wasn't just music videos. I'm more worried about the choice of actor for Spidey... every time they go for the younger actors, it seems like the superhero movie fails. The ones that do best are the ones that have more experienced actors for some reason, i.e. Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk.... not everytime but more so than the "let's use younger actors to keep the franchise fresh" angle. They get the younger actor and the movie bombs and they only make one... (ahem... Superman Returns)

The first Spider-Man movie WAS about Gwen Stacy, but they changed her name to MaryJane. Just more inane movie "upgrade" decisions.

making peter a whiney emo bitch is the only thing the spider man movies got right.

:lol: Okay you're right about that.

But did they ALSO have to give him that floppy emo hairdo and the Dancin' Saturday Night Spidey scenes (note the plural)?

Rumor: Lindsey Lohan is considering auditioning for Mary Jane Watson. Friends of hers that are Spidey fans are pushing her to do it. This could be almost as brilliant as RDJ as Iron-Man but I don't think it's going to happen.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

If this new spidey movie does things right,and has Gwen as the main interest in peters life,I hope it ends with her dieing on the bridge and goblin getting impaled like in the first series. could be epic shizzle! I liked the first two rami spidey flicks,but the parker wasnt how i saw parker,he was alright but the real parker had abit more of a backbone,he wasnt a full on geeky geek. im keen to see how this new one goes.

please have web cartridges!! they make the fight scenes so much more exciting when they run out.

If this new spidey movie does things right,and has Gwen as the main interest in peters life,I hope it ends with her dieing on the bridge and goblin getting impaled like in the first series. could be epic shizzle! I liked the first two rami spidey flicks,but the parker wasnt how i saw parker,he was alright but the real parker had abit more of a backbone,he wasnt a full on geeky geek. im keen to see how this new one goes.

please have web cartridges!! they make the fight scenes so much more exciting when they run out.

I think it'll be Gwen as the love interest, but i think she'll survive the 1st movie, and die in the second. We have to fall in love with Gwen first as a character, before she is taken away. Epic indeed.

All I can say is that come the end of the 2nd movie, there will be a lot of kids cryin their eyes out, and a lot of parents furious at the movie ruining the optimism of their kids. :)

If anything, the movies made peter into less of a geek than he was in the comics. Pete was a full on science dork who invented webbing, not as a side effect of his super powers but because he was just that much of a geek. Plus, the dude sewed his own costume. Even Superman had his mom sew his costume.

If anything, the movies made peter into less of a geek than he was in the comics. Pete was a full on science dork who invented webbing, not as a side effect of his super powers but because he was just that much of a geek. Plus, the dude sewed his own costume. Even Superman had his mom sew his costume.

yeah he was nerdy,top of the class kinda brain,he knew hes science and the way of chemicals and such,he used his knowledge to create various things to use against a few villains but personality-wise but he wasnt excatly a pushover or a over-emotional person,instead of crying he got more angry. and supermans outfit is hes clothes lol

The organic web shooters was an idea they were playing with in the ultimate comic series. I'm glad they ditched it for the more traditional design. I will have to go back and re-read what I have to see if he ever ran out during a fight.

yeah Ultimate wasnt too bad,they are making that into a animated series next year, i'll have to re-read some of my comics too to find what fights he had them run out on before he reloaded,i recall in the 90's series even in the more recent Spectacular spiderman series he runs out during a few combat and webslinging areas. I think it adds that much needed tension,i would like to see it in the films anyway.

Edited by Vepariga

yeah he was nerdy,top of the class kinda brain,but he wasnt excatly a pushover or a over-emotional person,instead of crying he got more angry. and supermans outfit is hes clothes lol

No.. he was always pretty emotional. The kid had no friends, stayed at home with his chemistry set, He dressed up like a wrestler to earn money to get the girl, he became spider-man because he was so filled with regret and guilt over getting Ben killed, he's so fixated on his aunt he let his relationship with MJ get magic'd into non-existence. Just because he gets angry and has outbursts doesn't mean he's not emotional.

It's in Ultimate spider-man where Peter is portrayed as the geeky but still (kinda) cool guy. 616 was a geeky asocial dork until he got bit by the spider.

Edited by eugimon

No.. he was always pretty emotional. The kid had no friends, stayed at home with his chemistry set, He dressed up like a wrestler to earn money to get the girl, he became spider-man because he was so filled with regret and guilt over getting Ben killed, he's so fixated on his aunt he let his relationship with MJ get magic'd into non-existence. Just because he gets angry and has outbursts doesn't mean he's not emotional.

It's in Ultimate spider-man where Peter is portrayed as the geeky but still (kinda) cool guy. 616 was a geeky asocial dork until he got bit by the spider.

hmm,im thinking we should start saying what Spidey arc were talking from lol but i know the one your coming from,and thats right,but in other versions like in ultimate he wasnt as much.

Edited by Vepariga

hmm,im thinking we should start saying what Spidey arc were talking from lol but i know the one your coming from,and thats right,but in other versions like in ultimate he wasnt as much.

oh, I'm talking about the original 616 peter parker. And yeah, Ultimate Parker is more cool geek than uber a-social nerd.

i thought i read she was trying to get her life back together. she's still young and she's not going to be messed up forever. maybe if she chooses the right path and gets this gig she could play a decent role.

I would like Joseph Gordon-Levitt as PP, he was good in 500 days of summer (with marc webb) and Inception. But I bet he will probably end up playing a villain in Batman 3 (maybe the Riddler?)

I hope he does a better job than Jim Carrey did. :rolleyes: Edited by Wanzerfan