HG and Robotech Debates

azrael

Enh, no offense, but I think you're putting too much thought into it. Happy Penguins is often acerbic, crude, and ruthless in her insults. Anyone who has seen her posts realizes this. As such, anyone who gets offended is just doing it because they like feeling butthurt, not because they're actually offended.

I'm hoping Doug will do the adult thing and just shrug it off; there's no sense in acting like Life's Delicate Child over something this silly.

Well, that kinda coincides with what I said. Either way they wanna play it, they're using it as a card, and they're gonna play that card to benefit them. The whole incident is quite childish, and you'd think it would've been shrugged off long ago. whether it's getting offended, or wanting to bask is a little admiration out of persecution, it's all pretty feable for weak minded people. Again, my opinion on this even only.

In other semi related news, I did hear the rtfan podcast's most recent droppings in the RT toilet, and it talks about the UEG issue. Guess who were the first voices to chime in? Juanrt and Memo. It sounded like greedy rt fans just wanting something, by the bitching of UEG not putting Genesis on rt.com. Memo's name on the podcast is S-California, and Maverick was on there as well. They still form a false opinion that UEG was trying to make their Genesis show as a business dea and make money off it, as if it is gospell. Maverick was on there, pretending like he knew exactly what transpired. Do these guys even listen at all, or read? Same ol' song and dance, I guess. In anycase, the only people who could shed light on what happened, was HG, and the guys at UEG, and UEG did. The rest of the show is all assinine assumption from the other guys on the show. I'd give you guys the link to listen, but it was a lot of wasted time, and it just goes back to the same ol rt fans role playing like they are "professionals" in the industry, and pretending like they all know exactly what happened and knew all the intentions of both sides. SAVE YOURSELF SOME TIME AND DON'T BOTHER. I JUST SUMMED IT ALL UP FOR YOU.

Total Recall?? Starship Troopers?????? *Sigh*

While I like both of these movies, they are also a great indication of why Verhoeven should never be allowed to direct a Robotech movie (maybe he could do the Southern Cross portion but never the Macross portion)

SAVE YOURSELF SOME TIME AND DON'T BOTHER. I JUST SUMMED IT ALL UP FOR YOU.

I ask again, why are we bothering to talk about these people again? Of course they're not experts. Of course they are not affiliated with Harmony Gold or any organization of importance. And, of course they are of no importance whatsoever except being generic products of the Internet. No, sucking up to the right people for credibilty and buying a lot of crap does not count. All I see are a bunch of nobodies stalling for the people who should be addressing the Robotech, and Macross, issue in modern times, Harmony Gold. Silence on their part, and maybe relying on people like this to deal with it online, is not the best way to go. But, since this is HG, the Internet may or may not be a priority for them ever since the Shadow Chronicles' fiasco(s), even if the biggest thing to happen to the franchise recently is the material being availiable legally and illegally online.

Enh, no offense, but I think you're putting too much thought into it. Happy Penguins is often acerbic, crude, and ruthless in her insults. Anyone who has seen her posts realizes this. As such, anyone who gets offended is just doing it because they like feeling butthurt, not because they're actually offended.

I'm hoping Doug will do the adult thing and just shrug it off; there's no sense in acting like Life's Delicate Child over something this silly.

Well, now that you pointed it out, he's probably gonna take umbrage.

I ask again, why are we bothering to talk about these people again?

Umm yeah...why do we care about these people and their senseless rambles again?

I recently checked some of Doug's recent podcasts and apparently, to him, the legal disputes is just a big hoax supposedly concocted by Seto and his Macross Groupies. And that Seto falsified the court documents to trick the RT fandom.

Oh yeah, someone did bring that particular episode to my attention not too long ago. It came up in a chat over on LU, and we all had a good long laugh at dougbendo's latest attempt to legitimize his entirely baseless claims of being the voice of the Robotech fandom and curry favor with MEMO and Harmony Gold by demonizing me like a Saturday morning cartoon show villain in the faint hope that it might somehow undermine my credibility. Personally, I find the whole thing HILARIOUS... they can't match me in a battle of wits, so the best they can do is try to tell all five of their listeners that I'm an evil man with all sorts of sinister connections who does horrible things to innocent people for the sheer joy of causing pain and suffering. It's like being one of the villains on Captain Planet, except I don't have to get my hands dirty doing any actual work, and I don't get beaten up by a little blue man in red underpants.

On RTX, I suggested that people stop complaining about him and just tune him out if they didn't like him.

In theory, a good suggestion... in practice it doesn't actually work very well. dougbendo's long since proved that he'll keep spreading hate and lies even if nobody listens. When you ignore him, he just escalates his behavior until he gets banned from wherever he was raging and storming, and then he goes somewhere else to rage about that.

You're hoping in vain, my friend... our good pal doug has already done AN ENTIRE EPISODE about it.

In other semi related news, I did hear the rtfan podcast's most recent droppings in the RT toilet, and it talks about the UEG issue. Guess who were the first voices to chime in? Juanrt and Memo. It sounded like greedy rt fans just wanting something, by the bitching of UEG not putting Genesis on rt.com. Memo's name on the podcast is S-California, and Maverick was on there as well. They still form a false opinion that UEG was trying to make their Genesis show as a business dea and make money off it, as if it is gospell. Maverick was on there, pretending like he knew exactly what transpired.

So, all the usual suspects... the mooks who're sucking Tommy's dick so hard in hopes of getting a job at Harmony Gold, insider info on the next "big thing", or more empty status promotions that Tommy's probably afraid it'll fall off. Charming. I'm sure Nenad'll be quite upset with it once he finds out, though unlike me there's a chance he might contact TalkShoe's administration and try to have the podcast removed for actionable defamation.

I ask again, why are we bothering to talk about these people again? Of course they're not experts. Of course they are not affiliated with Harmony Gold or any organization of importance. And, of course they are of no importance whatsoever except being generic products of the Internet.

Because, like it or not, these people are basically the cancer that is killing what's left of the Robotech franchise... an excellent example of what's wrong with the whole goddamn fandom... fanaticism, and not about the series or story, but a fanatical loyalty to the COMPANY that's been abusing it in hopes of being rewarded for all their witch-hunting and insane theories.

It's like watching a bunch of deranged monkeys out of their minds on meth from the other side of a piece of bulletproof two-way glass.

Well, now that you pointed it out, he's probably gonna take umbrage.

Oh, he did it long before it was pointed out. I think that was last week's show...

Because, like it or not, these people are basically the cancer that is killing what's left of the Robotech franchise... an excellent example of what's wrong with the whole goddamn fandom... fanaticism, and not about the series or story, but a fanatical loyalty to the COMPANY that's been abusing it in hopes of being rewarded for all their witch-hunting and insane theories.

It's like watching a bunch of deranged monkeys out of their minds on meth from the other side of a piece of bulletproof two-way glass.

So do you want to save it or give it some dignity or something? I thought you hate everything Robotech and etc. Trying to salvage this seems to be harder and harder to do as time goes on.

I'm also getting mixed signals from you.

Edited by Einherjar

Oh yeah, someone did bring that particular episode to my attention not too long ago. It came up in a chat over on LU, and we all had a good long laugh at dougbendo's latest attempt to legitimize his entirely baseless claims of being the voice of the Robotech fandom and curry favor with MEMO and Harmony Gold by demonizing me like a Saturday morning cartoon show villain in the faint hope that it might somehow undermine my credibility. Personally, I find the whole thing HILARIOUS... they can't match me in a battle of wits, so the best they can do is try to tell all five of their listeners that I'm an evil man with all sorts of sinister connections who does horrible things to innocent people for the sheer joy of causing pain and suffering. It's like being one of the villains on Captain Planet, except I don't have to get my hands dirty doing any actual work, and I don't get beaten up by a little blue man in red underpants.

I was thinking more along the lines of Snidely whiplash but...

seto_kaiba-2385.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

So do you want to save it or give it some dignity or something? I thought you hate everything Robotech and etc. Trying to salvage this seems to be harder and harder to do as time goes on.

Ooookay... you've officially stumped me. How the hell did you manage to come away with mixed signals after reading a post where I compared the experience of watching the fanatical Robotech fanboys at work to that of watching some monkeys out of their heads on psychoactive stimulants from behind the safety of a plexiglass partition? I'm seriously at a loss here dude...

Despite some minor nostalgia I have with regard to the series, I have NO desire whatsoever to save Robotech... it's beyond saving. Similarly, I have no interest in attempting to give the franchise some small measure of dignity, since it has proven time and time again that it simply doesn't deserve any. I see it as a historical and legal curiosity, but nothing more. The show demonstrably has no future potential, and the show's "creative team" and fans are patently uninterested in doing anything original with it... therefore it has no value.

You misspelled "our".

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Yes I am, but that's probably because I'm considered as an ex troll.

Either way most who know me, are aware of my morbid sense of humor

and should never take me seriously, but I don't think doug is that terribly offended

he just needed something about me to bitch about.

He does stalk my posts on here and RTX, and has been viewing my profile

every day just to see what else I've said.

I hate to say it but I am amused that someone would obsess this much over

me. Hell the guy even wants my personal info lol

seriously its the god damn internet, he needs to grow thicker skin

and spend sometime lurking around, cause if he thinks I'm bad, he aint

seen nothin.

I'm also getting mixed signals from you.

Actually, its obviously clear what Kaiba wants done to the Robotech franchise... see, he said it right here...

And on that note...

Kaiba-kun, you said you stopped that experiment! Liar!!! I demand you send me the test results!

:lol:^_^:D:p

This is so cute...

Rhade actually thinks he knows something...

I guess the fact that only Beltane is left to update the "Macross Calander" thread never dawned on the F*tard... Whats more funny, is that "Mr knows-it-all" claims to know the events, but doesn't go and contribute like those of us who have been banned use too... :rolleyes:

I posted why, Beltran generally only posts specifically dated events,and there are no more for awhile

Ooookay... you've officially stumped me. How the hell did you manage to come away with mixed signals after reading a post where I compared the experience of watching the fanatical Robotech fanboys at work to that of watching some monkeys out of their heads on psychoactive stimulants from behind the safety of a plexiglass partition? I'm seriously at a loss here dude...

You phrased it like the ongoing fiasco(s) was important or still relevant at this point. Except for some crap directed to Macross Purists, it's pretty much misinformation and BS by Robotech fans to other Robotech fans to make them feel good about themselves. You could just, you know, let them continue to humiliate themselves without going through the trouble of getting yourselves involved. I mean come on, look at what MEMO, LSC, and doug say and do. They do an excellent job bringing themselves down without someone helping out. And since a lot of it relies on HG or WB to do anything with Robotech, it doesn't amount to much anyway. Plus, they've been doing this for years, directly correcting or criticizing them at this point isn't going to change their way of working. It definitely didn't do much when you did something about it.

I'd just let it burn at this point.

Edited by Einherjar

I ask again, why are we bothering to talk about these people again?

Umm yeah...why do we care about these people and their senseless rambles again?

Because it's so much fun and angering.

That and we have to give this thread purpose.

I've kind of thought of Seto as the illusive man from Mass effect 2

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

You phrased it like the ongoing fiasco(s) was important or still relevant at this point. Except for some crap directed to Macross Purists, it's pretty much misinformation and BS by Robotech fans to other Robotech fans to make them feel good about themselves. You could just, you know, let them extinguish themselves without going through the trouble of getting yourself involved. I mean come on, look at what MEMO, LSC, and doug say and do. They do an excellent job bringing themselves down without someone helping out. And since a lot of it relies on HG or WB to do anything with Robotech, it doesn't amount to much anyway. Plus, they've been doing this for years, directly correcting or criticizing them at this point isn't going to change their way of working. It definitely didn't do much when you did something about it.

I actually enjoy talking to Memo. I can't speak for anyone else, of course, but one of the main reasons I stick around on RTX is because I'd like to lead by example and disabuse people of the notion that there's some kind of war that is engulfing both fandoms. I don't think the war exists...I just think there are some fans that ACT like it does. Nearly all of the people I've come across at RTX have been friendly and engaging with me. Even Memo.

Admittedly, we usually end up talking about Gundam far more than we talk about Robotech or Macross...but hey, it's a start. :)

I actually enjoy talking to Memo. I can't speak for anyone else, of course, but one of the main reasons I stick around on RTX is because I'd like to lead by example and disabuse people of the notion that there's some kind of war that is engulfing both fandoms. I don't think the war exists...I just think there are some fans that ACT like it does. Nearly all of the people I've come across at RTX have been friendly and engaging with me. Even Memo.

Admittedly, we usually end up talking about Gundam far more than we talk about Robotech or Macross...but hey, it's a start. :)

Make love not war?? Hippie!! :p :P :p

Taksraven

It might calm a lot of people down if he showed more of that side of himself then, aka. not the MEMO most people get to see.

It might calm a lot of people down if he showed more of that side of himself then, aka. not the MEMO most people get to see.

I think the problem is that Memo's got kind of a sly sense of humor that most people miss. Certainly, he has tried to bait me, but I taunt him right back (in a good-natured way) and everybody's smiling at the end of the day.

So when he shows up here again, instead of getting angry, really READ what he's saying (if you can understand it, that is ;) ), and you'll probably see that he's having a bit of fun at our expense. Just give as good as you get, and don't get mean-spirited about it, and you'll probably see it, too.

By the way, I should probably add that I'm not defending some of his more egregious statements and actions...I'm just saying that he could have come down hard on me if he had wanted to (RTX is his site, after all), but he hasn't...even though he and I disagree on pretty much everything (except that the woman playing Yuki in the upcoming Yamato live-action film is pretty damn hot. We're totally on the same wavelength there).

You phrased it like the ongoing fiasco(s) was important or still relevant at this point.

As far as this thread goes, you could make an excellent case for it being relevant solely on the grounds that their asinine behavior is about the only actual activity in the Robotech franchise.

I actually enjoy talking to Memo.

Well, there's just no account for taste. The vast majority of the people I know who've tried "talking" to MEMO usually end up quitting out of sheer frustration either because he's borderline unintelligible, or because he doesn't usually bother with little niceties like checking his facts before posting and thus spends a lot of time talking out of his ass.

I can't speak for anyone else, of course, but one of the main reasons I stick around on RTX is because I'd like to lead by example and disabuse people of the notion that there's some kind of war that is engulfing both fandoms. I don't think the war exists...I just think there are some fans that ACT like it does. Nearly all of the people I've come across at RTX have been friendly and engaging with me. Even Memo.

Which is incredibly ironic, since MEMO is frequently one of the major instigators trying to provoke fighting between the fans of Robotech and Macross. Just in the past few weeks he's tried several times to provoke hostility toward Macross fans by trying to blame me and several other people for the cease and desist order that got the Genesis project killed and the subsequent copyright claims against UEG's DeviantArt page. He was (and still is) supporting doug bendo's wonderfully hateful screeds too.

You can lead by example all you like, but it won't really get you anywhere as long as there are people like MEMO who genuinely want to start fights for their own benefit.

So when he shows up here again, instead of getting angry, really READ what he's saying (if you can understand it, that is ;) ), and you'll probably see that he's having a bit of fun at our expense. Just give as good as you get, and don't get mean-spirited about it, and you'll probably see it, too.

So, what you're saying is that we should excuse MEMO's trolling because you think it's all in fun? Sorry Gubaba, but that dog won't hunt. MEMO is one of the most malicious bellends in the Robotech fandom, and tolerating his jackass behavior is only going to encourage him to keep it up.

By the way, I should probably add that I'm not defending some of his more egregious statements and actions...

Is that so? Now I'm the one finding mixed messages... you've spent several posts telling us that "MEMO's not a bad guy, honest!", and that we all need to overlook his trolling and other asinine behavior even though he's gleefully slandering several of us and trying rather hard to instigate fighting between Robotech and Macross fans.

Sorry dude, but I'm going to have to call for a writ of "bullshit" on this.

So, what you're saying is that we should excuse MEMO's trolling because you think it's all in fun? Sorry Gubaba, but that dog won't hunt. MEMO is one of the most malicious bellends in the Robotech fandom, and tolerating his jackass behavior is only going to encourage him to keep it up.

Is that so? Now I'm the one finding mixed messages... you've spent several posts telling us that "MEMO's not a bad guy, honest!", and that we all need to overlook his trolling and other asinine behavior even though he's gleefully slandering several of us and trying rather hard to instigate fighting between Robotech and Macross fans.

Sorry dude, but I'm going to have to call for a writ of "bullshit" on this.

And if I were in your shoes I'm sure I'd do the same.

But you're right...I shouldn't have phrased my earlier response as kind of a "How to talk to Memo" post, but rather as a "How I talk to Memo" post.

And he hasn't been bad...TO ME. Like I said, I can't speak for anybody else.

But if he wants to be malicious about a children's cartoon...let him. It doesn't affect what the majority of us do over here. If he wants to turn on me and ban me from RTX, that's his right, since he pays the bills. Until that time comes, though, I have to give him credit for playing fair with me when he is under absolutely no obligation to.

As far as this thread goes, you could make an excellent case for it being relevant solely on the grounds that their asinine behavior is about the only actual activity in the Robotech franchise.

So you're going to make a big deal about each and every action these people make like it should matter, at all? That's giving them too much attention, which they like, especially since they're not that important. People aren't idiots; they can pretty much make the same conclusions about people like him from just reading the posts they write, or the recordings they post, regardless of intent on a regular basis. Their work speaks for themselves.

And there has been some official activity regarding Robotech. There's been alienation of some fans by Harmony Gold, without going into the fallout between people from it, and Sylvain White. Especially with the director news, that should be enough.

オレのファッキン歌をファッキン聴け!!

Translation = [huatsukin] be able to hear my [huatsukin] song!!

Is my translation service any good?? Hippie!!! :p :P :p

Taksraven

I find it quite funny when people make these online threats and try to talk tough over the internet. Half these people would piss their pants if in a real situation. Most people I know that back their stuff up don't talk this way online.

There is a big name for that. Online disinhibition effect.

Taksraven

But you're right...I shouldn't have phrased my earlier response as kind of a "How to talk to Memo" post, but rather as a "How I talk to Memo" post.

Of course, that still doesn't do anybody any good, because when you get right down to it you're still trying to tell us to look the other way when MEMO starts in with his baiting and trolling routine. I must admit to being somewhat perplexed by your sudden desire to paint MEMO as a misunderstood nice guy, when you made a huge deal out of Pizza the Hutt's ill behavior even when he was over here trying to make amends, and as he himself said, a good portion of his belligerent behavior was something MEMO put him up to.

And he hasn't been bad...TO ME. Like I said, I can't speak for anybody else.

Yes, to you. Let's sit back and recall that YOUR experience with MEMO is highly atypical, and that the number of people who've been backstabbed, manipulated, harassed, or otherwise wronged by MEMO is SIGNIFICANTLY greater than the number of people who've he "hasn't been bad" to. At least a few of them are people who routinely post in this thread.

I will remind you again of the sheer hypocrisy of your attempts to defend MEMO, an unrepentant troll and frequent instigator of flame wars, while talking crap about Pizza the Hutt behind his back even after he came here, hat in hand, and tried to apologize for his past misdeeds.

But if he wants to be malicious about a children's cartoon...let him. It doesn't affect what the majority of us do over here. If he wants to turn on me and ban me from RTX, that's his right, since he pays the bills. Until that time comes, though, I have to give him credit for playing fair with me when he is under absolutely no obligation to.

No, there is no reason to excuse MEMO's malicious behavior regardless of his motivations. Had the good people at UEG not spotted his attempts to frame me for Harmony Gold's misdeeds for the bullshit that it was, there's a very real chance they could have opted to pursue legal action against me for something I didn't do. That isn't boys-will-be-boys crap, that is GENUINE malice.

So you're going to make a big deal about each and every action these people make like it should matter, at all?

Free hint... the behavior that's being commented on is tied directly into the alienation of fans caused by Harmony Gold's actions. If we commented on every little thing that these jackasses do, that's all this thread would be. But the few things that HAVE been mentioned ARE related to topics at hand (the UEG fiasco, the few interesting hints Sylvain White dropped unintentionally, etc). <_<

Free hint... the behavior that's being commented on is tied directly into the alienation of fans caused by Harmony Gold's actions. If we commented on every little thing that these jackasses do, that's all this thread would be. But the few things that HAVE been mentioned ARE related to topics at hand (the UEG fiasco, the few interesting hints Sylvain White dropped unintentionally, etc). <_<

There's a huge difference between what HG does (which should be taken seriously) and what the fans do (which are less important, especially since from the more vocal ones, it's just plain stupid sometimes). And of course they're tied together, it's people responding to official news related to a company. And since none of these people are legitimate in any sense, I don't see why you're giving them so much attention when they do this crap for a living and don't amount to much anyway.

Of course, that still doesn't do anybody any good, because when you get right down to it you're still trying to tell us to look the other way when MEMO starts in with his baiting and trolling routine. I must admit to being somewhat perplexed by your sudden desire to paint MEMO as a misunderstood nice guy, when you made a huge deal out of Pizza the Hutt's ill behavior even when he was over here trying to make amends, and as he himself said, a good portion of his belligerent behavior was something MEMO put him up to.

Yes, to you. Let's sit back and recall that YOUR experience with MEMO is highly atypical, and that the number of people who've been backstabbed, manipulated, harassed, or otherwise wronged by MEMO is SIGNIFICANTLY greater than the number of people who've he "hasn't been bad" to. At least a few of them are people who routinely post in this thread.

I will remind you again of the sheer hypocrisy of your attempts to defend MEMO, an unrepentant troll and frequent instigator of flame wars, while talking crap about Pizza the Hutt behind his back even after he came here, hat in hand, and tried to apologize for his past misdeeds.

Look. I understand you're bitter and frustrated with your dealings with the Robotech mods. I also understand that they've abused their position and participated in witch-hunts of their own devising.

But to call me a hypocrite is WAY out of line. Even after his "conversion," Pizza STILL laid into me whenever he got the chance. He accused me (falsely) of sending him "vulgar and candid" PMs, and (also falsely) of trying to bait him into getting himself banned on RTX. Hence, my dislike. Memo could lay the banhammer on me at RTX at any time he likes; hell, he probably SHOULD. If I were him, I wouldn't want someone like me around. But he doesn't. It's been a pleasant surprise, and it'd be pretty churlish of me to accept his hospitality and then turn around and insult him.

If he pisses me off, I'll leave. If I piss him off, he'll get rid of me. Until then, what business is it of yours what I think? I'm not asking you to agree with me, after all.

No, there is no reason to excuse MEMO's malicious behavior regardless of his motivations. Had the good people at UEG not spotted his attempts to frame me for Harmony Gold's misdeeds for the bullshit that it was, there's a very real chance they could have opted to pursue legal action against me for something I didn't do. That isn't boys-will-be-boys crap, that is GENUINE malice.

I'll admit, I haven't been following this too closely after the initial reports. But yeah...if it went down as you say, that's unforgivable, and truly malicious. I'll check it out, and see if I can find anything more concrete than the rumors and editorializing that are flying about now.

Here is an example, who and why would anyone take MEMO seriously in that situation anyway? Am I missing something? When did he of all people have so much credibility that disgruntled fans would believe him otherwise? This mod thing at rt.com must be serious business.

And afterall, they did have conversations with someone at HG and got a legit C&D from them. What MEMO did as a response was just stupid. In fact, that's a Dwight Schrute thing to do.

Edited by Einherjar