Astro Plan

VF5SS

The more I watch of the show, the more it reminds me of South Park with transforming jet knockoffs, moreso in the cheap graphics and choppy walking and music. It so needs an engrish dub.

On another note, there was originally word of a second season coming up, but as it's been nearly six months since the season 1 finale and no announcements have been made ever since (other than the previews solicited by HG), it seems that this series is over and done.

If may look different than the YF-21, but that design totally reminds me of it

That belongs to one of the villains of the series. All I recall is she was a human made into a bad guy. She reminded me of Char, a female version of the Red Comet. Even had a mask.

The more I watch of the show, the more it reminds me of South Park with transforming jet knockoffs, moreso in the cheap graphics and choppy walking and music. It so needs an engrish dub.

Not Engrish - please get your linguistic terminology correct. Practitioners of Chinese English like myself prefer to refer to it as "Chinglish." Thank you.

• 3 months later...

CollectionDX Gets a Hold of the YF-11 Unit 4

Also, most branches of Toy Kingdom in Manila are currently carrying Astro Plan 9 from Outer Space bootlegs for under US$3. These are 6" knockoffs of the smaller toys without the spring-loaded transforming mechanism. I have yet to find any store around here that sells the "original" HyperWiz toys. A few months back, I spoke to the owner of GreatToysOnline.com and he says he has no interest in importing them.

Edited by areaseven

• 1 month later...

Might be a late observation but someone else had started a thread about this. Never saw the intro until today. Chinese hacks forgot how to create anything original it seems. :rolleyes:

Anyways when I saw this ship it reminded me somewhat of the Zor's ships. What do you guys think?

post-2668-129313938686_thumb.jpg

For those who have difficulty accessing the video links above, here's the pilot episode on YouTube:

<a href="

target="_blank"><b>Astro Plan 9 from Outer Space</b></a> (<a href="
target="_blank">2</a>) (<a href="
target="_blank">3</a>)

wow. what else commercially does China steal? is there a DDO or WoW version of those properties played by the masses of... well... what ever?

Might be a late observation but someone else had started a thread about this. Never saw the intro until today. Chinese hacks forgot how to create anything original it seems. :rolleyes:

Anyways when I saw this ship it reminded me somewhat of the Zor's ships. What do you guys think?

I knew it! The Robotech Masters were behind this all along. :ph34r:

Have any of the companies in Japan tried suing the creators of this show. I sure would like to see so. I mean besides stealing jobs and superficially becoming a world power they should not be allowed with copying EVERYTHING when people are being put in jail for pirating movies, (NOT STEALING THE IDEA MERELY COPYING). It seems to be a two faced policy by the international community.

There are legal discussions by the Japanese to sue the chinese for the brown and orange gundam they built??? Why not Astro Plan

In Toy Wars a book about Mattel and Hasbro the two ended up in court over the similarities of bust size from the Barbi and Cindy line. Astro plan is really a blatant ripoff. But I can call it both ways too. Hollywood ripped off an AWESOME HK show called Mugando and got praises for the Departed. To me Mugando was WAY BETTER than the Departed and yet Hollywood let them get away with it. So i guess until there is fairness who gives a Sh&$

Edited by Snail00

Hollywood bought the right to remake internal affairs, it was hardly stolen.

And good luck suing anyone in china for IP theft. In general, the Chinese government doesn't really cooperate with foreign states or nationals when it comes to suing or prosecuting their citizens.

Have any of the companies in Japan tried suing the creators of this show. I sure would like to see so. I mean besides stealing jobs and superficially becoming a world power they should not be allowed with copying EVERYTHING when people are being put in jail for pirating movies, (NOT STEALING THE IDEA MERELY COPYING). It seems to be a two faced policy by the international community.

There are legal discussions by the Japanese to sue the chinese for the brown and orange gundam they built??? Why not Astro Plan

How dare you call the J-78-2 太空铁猩猩 a rip-off? It is clearly an original design!!1!!

2.jpg

Basically what Eugimon said is true, prosecuting people across international boundaries is extremely difficult - which explains how characters like Roman Polanski have literally evaded US law enforcement for decades while being famous recognizable public figure - and his charge was relatively more serious than transforming airplanes.

Hollywood bought the right to remake internal affairs, it was hardly stolen.

And good luck suing anyone in china for IP theft. In general, the Chinese government doesn't really cooperate with foreign states or nationals when it comes to suing or prosecuting their citizens.

I didnt know that. I did read that when the movie came out there was talk about theft and Martin Scorsese made a comment it wasn't copied. But if that is the case it just proves my point that the international Copy Right industry must pursue violators of original licensing content etc in china .

Nah, it's clearly a ripoff of the Archangel from Gundam Seed.

I didnt know that. I did read that when the movie came out there was talk about theft and Martin Scorsese made a comment it wasn't copied. But if that is the case it just proves my point that the international Copy Right industry must pursue violators of original licensing content etc in china .

But...it won the Oscar for best ADAPTED screenplay...adapted from Mugando.

I actually sat down and watched the first episode of this show on Youtube. It wasn't translated, but I doubt that I will ever want to know what they were saying. All I can say is "wow".

I laughed every time I saw a story element that mirrored Macross. I'm not just talking about the transformation concept, either.

Although the models were designed pretty well, they were animated so horribly! The hand-drawn animation was even WORSE. For some reason, the character designs combined with crappy CGI animation reminded me of that show "Code Lyoko". I know that was made in France, but I would much rather watch Code Lyoko than this horrible pile of dung.

I found a video that had "Lion" sung in Chinese. It was put onto the video as if it was the opening music. However, I still have hope that they did not also use that song as their opening... Please say they didnt! :unsure:

I actually sat down and watched the first episode of this show on Youtube. It wasn't translated, but I doubt that I will ever want to know what they were saying. All I can say is "wow".

I laughed every time I saw a story element that mirrored Macross. I'm not just talking about the transformation concept, either.

Although the models were designed pretty well, they were animated so horribly! The hand-drawn animation was even WORSE. For some reason, the character designs combined with crappy CGI animation reminded me of that show "Code Lyoko". I know that was made in France, but I would much rather watch Code Lyoko than this horrible pile of dung.

I found a video that had "Lion" sung in Chinese. It was put onto the video as if it was the opening music. However, I still have hope that they did not also use that song as their opening... Please say they didnt! :unsure:

You can find translations of the Chinese "Lion."

It's a parody, and pretty funny.

"Shoji Kawamori is crying, 'Why do they all look like my designs!?'"

"It's not plagiarism, it's a doujinshi!"

Good stuff. :)

Oh...you haven't seen the end of it. And if you notice just the Macross elements, you've only scratched the surface cuz it has plenty from other shows. Gundam, Viper's Creed, Gurren Lagann, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Code Geass, etc.

As I said earlier in this thread, it has at least the past 5-years worth of anime rolled into it and probably more. The Macross elements only fill a quarter of what Astro Plan has ripped off.

Gunbuster was practically nothing but homages, but at least it worked. Astro Plan 9 from Outer Space, however, doesn't work as an homage title. Its only hope is a stateside release by Harmony Gold.

Or getting picked up by The Asylum, edited, and being released either as ROBOT TECH: The Movie or Macro Plan.

• 5 months later...

Wow, it actually took you over a year to notice that. :ph34r:

I saw the video that someone posted on a thread that was closed yesterday, but I followed the link to this page. I have been locked in the toys thread for quite awhile, so I haven't been caught up on the series and movies thread lately since Frontier last aired.

• 5 months later...