Astro Plan

VF5SS

After watching one episode I can honestly say Astro Plan has redefined entertainment. This show has successfully sunk the bottom of the barrel to such fetid depths one might find truffles or the Detroit Lions.

Damn you, Gubaba! Damn you to hell, you treacherous spawn of Hades! :)

After watching one episode I can honestly say Astro Plan has redefined entertainment. This show has successfully sunk the bottom of the barrel to such fetid depths one might find truffles or the Detroit Lions.

soooo... .when is it getting an entry into M3?

Ain't I a stinker? ^_^

As I've said, they've rolled in the past 5 years of popular anime, and then some, into 1 series. You want transforming planes? Its got it. You want wicked finishing moves? Its got that, too. You want aliens? Yeh, its got that. Hell, it's even got the "Red Comet" and a masked character. :lol:

Don't you mean "sucksessfully" :) I hope that "one" episode you watched, was the epic season finale.

soooo... .when is it getting an entry into M3?

I wouldn't dare...or shouldn't I? Hell, with this series, they've put even my best efforts at humor to shame ;)

Ain't I a stinker? ^_^

I'm going to get you for this :lol:

Who would've suspected the Chinese had this road apple brewing in their bowels. You gotta give them points for being so brazen about it all.

As I've said, they've rolled in the past 5 years of popular anime, and then some, into 1 series. You want transforming planes? Its got it. You want wicked finishing moves? Its got that, too. You want aliens? Yeh, its got that. Hell, it's even got the "Red Comet" and a masked character. :lol:

You're so right. It's pilfered without shame virtually every mecha anime of which I have even a passing knowledge. I can see Macross Frontier immediately and Gundam 00 is also splashed up front. It's so apologetically daring with it's theft, you can't help but feel like you've been slapped in the face.

Don't you mean "sucksessfully" :) I hope that "one" episode you watched, was the epic season finale.

touche. Yeah it was the finale and I'm still shellshocked from it. I don't know what to call it, but the shear awfulness of it, the audacious scope of the theft, the dumbfounding impact of it all... it might just be art :)

• 2 weeks later...

dormcat of Anime News Network was nice enough to translate the lyrics to this AMV:

Animation in the Heavenly Regime is in turmoil
An "Astro Plan" has been released recently
Nothing more than exceeding SEED mode and shooting some planes
We could save the world from its crisis

Shoji Kawamori couldn't stop crying, "How come they all look like my designs?"
Character designs are damn alien-like
Brave young men of Sky Arrow Squadron make miracles

Protect Earth's high tech with martial arts in Wuxia novels
Kira Yamato means nothing to me
"Flying Dragon" cuts like hot knife through butter
Jin Yong, please give me divine powers

My name is now "Space Adventures", given by my big bro
To show our dedication to Gundam and Macross
We never give a damn about copyrights
Plagiarism? It's just a doujinshi

[Repeat from start]

In truth, you just don't have to be so picky
Producers are trying hard
If we don't do this, we'd have no rice to eat
In the meantime, we sell toys while we wait and see
One day we will be dependable ourselves
Edited by areaseven

Posted for Truth!

NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT IT TO BE TRUE, THIS poo WILL NEVER BE THE NEXT ROBOTECH!

Astro Plan has way more originality, artistic integrity, and better animation than robotech will ever have. :p

Yesterday, I went to the RT fan page on Facebook and posted the above AP pics to see if there would be a reaction from the fans. And so far, nothing's happened (aside from one fanboy trying to tag himself on one of the pics). It seems that the RT fans don't care if such a title as AP is branded as RT.

I'm surprised RT.com allows members to have a name SMS Ozma Lee :p , but then I realized HG has sole distribution rights to vehicles with a Yellow+Black strip pattern and any rear end that sits, manipulates, and pilots said vehicles.

And Part 3 ? ....

ASTRO PLAN III: GUNDAM UC

dormcat of Anime News Network was nice enough to translate the lyrics to this AMV:

Animation in the Heavenly Regime is in turmoil

An "Astro Plan" has been released recently

Nothing more than exceeding SEED mode and shooting some planes

We could save the world from its crisis

Shoji Kawamori couldn’t stop crying, "How come they all look like my designs?"

Character designs are damn alien-like

Brave young men of Sky Arrow Squadron make miracles

Protect Earth's high tech with martial arts in Wuxia novels

Kira Yamato means nothing to me

"Flying Dragon" cuts like hot knife through butter

Jin Yong, please give me divine powers

My name is now "Space Adventures", given by my big bro

To show our dedication to Gundam and Macross

We never give a damn about copyrights

Plagiarism? It's just a doujinshi

[Repeat from start]

In truth, you just don't have to be so picky

Producers are trying hard

If we don't do this, we'd have no rice to eat

In the meantime, we sell toys while we wait and see

One day we will be dependable ourselves

WTF did i see right??? Was there a Wing Custom 0 VF-25??? I remember reading in the book " Toy Wars" over the many legal battles over copy rights between Matel and Hasbro. To the point Breast size was measured and presented as evidence over the Cindy and Barbi dolls.Why haven't the producers been sued!

Relak says "Smaller, faster, more payload etc. If it werent superior, why would the REF decomission the VF-1s in favor of the alphas??"

I want to ask, payload of what? Though no one should tell him that the Alpha is only there because Harmony Gold didnt buy the distribution rights to Macross DYRL.

I can't believe there are people who actually want this show to be incorporated into Robotech. I saw 2 episodes of it on youtube and although I have no idea what they were saying I got the general idea from what was happening. And most of all the animation on this thing was horrid.

If someone told me they wanted to incorporate something of this quality into a show I grew up watching as a kid I would be disgusted and would hope it never happened. I'd rather have nothing new and live in the past then have astro plan. I swear that animation was made in flash.

Little kids won't care since its animated and they will enjoy it no matter what, but its brutal trying to watch this show as an adult.

I can't believe there are people who actually want this show to be incorporated into Robotech. I saw 2 episodes of it on youtube and although I have no idea what they were saying I got the general idea from what was happening. And most of all the animation on this thing was horrid.

If someone told me they wanted to incorporate something of this quality into a show I grew up watching as a kid I would be disgusted and would hope it never happened. I'd rather have nothing new and live in the past then have astro plan. I swear that animation was made in flash.

Little kids won't care since its animated and they will enjoy it no matter what, but its brutal trying to watch this show as an adult.

I believe you answered your own question :)

Oh... the heart of the Macross fan is as dark as pitch black coal. Same can be said of the RT diehard, but theirs would contain a fair share of nitrogenous compounds so as to emit a hazardous smell as well.