Post pics of VF-1 broken shoulders here!

Silvestri

Pretty spiteful I think?

I think he has done a good job given the limited resources he has. You should be more angry towards Yamato for producing the 'explosive' hinges rather than blaming Graham who's trying to rectify the problem.

Boyarque is right. Graham isn't making any profit off of this and is taking up his own time to read and filter each request along with going out of his way to send them. For the cost of 2 dollars a set of hinge with over 200 requests we should be grateful he is at least trying his best to help us out. This hinge problem isn't his fault nor is it his responisbility to provide parts for us. You can't blame some one for trying to help.

Ultimately - if you have to point a finger it should be directed to Yamato.

Personally - I would point a finger to those who "KNEW" about the exploding hinge valks and still made a purchase for one. For me I knew about them and still risked to purchase one - VT-1 straight out of the box with a cracked hinge from the HLJ sale. Sure I was upset but I had myself to blame cuz I did my research and still decided to buy one. Best way to make a strong statement in the toy business is to not buy the toys at all. That would force the toy companies to look more closely on quality control. If you still buy from them even though your not happy then you should just accept responsibility. No one is forcing any of us to buy anything.

Please re-edit or remove your post. I understand your frustration however I think how you voiced it out is a little inappropriate. Can you imagine how you would feel reading your post if the tables were switched?

Cheers~~~

Sorry to all those who didn't receive hinges during the two periods where I was posting them in 2009 (or was it 2010) and 2011. Many (or most) people on the list did receive them and I posted out hundreds of pairs of hinges. Unfortunately, there was never going to be enough for everybody. I even didn't keep any back for my own toys. As I've posted previously, I was going though some health and family problems in 2010 and disabled my PM box for most of that year, as I was getting spammed by too many requests which I didn't read and will not read. Basically, I have no intention of going back and reading all those old unread PMs. Sorry for all those who PMed me then, but it was just a bad time in my life, when I had no interest in doing much of anything.

Basically, some of u just bugged me (spammed me) at the wrong damn time in my life, sorry.

Graham

Yes, one of my real life friends has received the hinges replacement from Graham and he'd passed to me when I purchased VF-1J GBP set from him. So we should be grateful to Graham either just keep complaining about it! :angry: He is not the one who responsible for our pity "handicapped" yammies..but the Yamato itself! Calm down and relax! There is always a better solution;)

You can't blame some one for trying to help.

Ultimately - if you have to point a finger it should be directed to Yamato.

Personally - I would point a finger to those who "KNEW" about the exploding hinge valks and still made a purchase for one. For me I knew about them and still risked to purchase one - VT-1 straight out of the box with a cracked hinge from the HLJ sale. Sure I was upset but I had myself to blame cuz I did my research and still decided to buy one. Best way to make a strong statement in the toy business is to not buy the toys at all. That would force the toy companies to look more closely on quality control. If you still buy from them even though your not happy then you should just accept responsibility. No one is forcing any of us to buy anything.

That means we need a re-run for VT-1 :)

I wonder if the new hinges can distributed and sold for a minimal / token fee. That way there is a small incentive for Yamato and the shops to make and carry them. They can come in the off-white, cream, low-vis grey, light grey...etc. Or just one color so we can paint over them. The hinges don't have to be labeled so there is no breaking of any international distribution treaty. Selling of unlabeled parts may not garner immediate sales, but most of us with the broken valks would know to look for them.

For example:

Fans of Blade Runner would immediately understand what an unauthorized or parallel product mean when they see a 12 inch figure that goes by the the name "android hunter". Or the hinges can be labeled as "mecha shoulder enhancers" or "Supa Shoruta" or something. And of course no need for the maker company's name. Or if they want, they can call it, Sunwards.

Or they can sell them with full "Macross 1/60 VF1 Ver2 spare shoulders" with all the VF colours, but meant only for selling and distributing in Japan, but then somehow, international markets get the privilege to buy them too. Just like the valks.

Or they can slot extra shoulder hinges into their unassembled 1/60 VF1 kit. That will boost sales for the kit and collectors get to fix their broken valks.

Although it's just an idea, I feel it's worth considering so no one will miss the boat in the future. It's also because I'm holding to some of them with broken shoulders, it has come to the point where I don't mind paying for the spare shoulders, but not too much please.

Edited by mr.chogokin

Although it's just an idea, I feel it's worth considering so no one will miss the boat in the future. It's also because I'm holding to some of them with broken shoulders, it has come to the point where I don't mind paying for the spare shoulders, but not too much please.

In a business stand point it is a great idea to make money. In a moral stand point it is a horrible idea. I really hope no one from Yamato or Bandai catches wind of your proposal. :(

That would mean every single new valk would come with some self destructive part for the purpose of generating more money. Let's not promote the fact that we are willing to pay the big companies more money to fix something that shouldn't have to be fixed in the first place. With the news of the YF-19 exploding along with the VF-0s, VF-1s and the VTs,....hmmmm I think you may be on to something.... :huh:

Is it a coincidence but all those valks listed above have a history of exploding shoulders or arms? It's like Apple developing the Iphones made of glass. More prone to cracks thus increasing the likely hood of another purchase. If that's the case - Yamato should give a raise to the marketing and development team. Me? I would fire every one in the quality assurance department. :p

Edited by Isamu Dyson

Actually, I meant a token fee - For Yamato to make just enough money to pick up from the slack. Maybe the exploding plastics is an honest mistake on Yamato's part... I dunno. It's what you get when you give 1 single manufacturer your entire project and this manufacturer sees itself as a one stop place.

AFAIK, many successful brands farm out different parts of a single product to many manufacturers. Each manufacturer would only concentrate on one part of the product ie:- hinge. And this manufacturer would use only metal. When all the parts are ready, another manufacturer would only be specialized in the assembly of all the parts into the final product. From experience, I see this way is more successful than going to a one-stop that thinks it can make everything out of plastic.

Who knows, maybe Yamato is already farming out the different parts to different vendors... and the shoulder is an oversight. Maybe it should have used a smaller diameter pin. Maybe the outter hinge with the ball joint should be metal. People say Yamato has improved. But the end product is still plagued with maybes.

I'm not promoting the idea that something should be made, sold and then break so that these companies can profit more out of selling parts. I'm tired... I have been holding on to these broken valks for sometime now. And they broke almost as soon as I bought them. I want to move on. Get them fix for a minimal charge or something.

Edited by mr.chogokin

Is it a coincidence but all those valks listed above have a history of exploding shoulders or arms? It's like Apple developing the Iphones made of glass. More prone to cracks thus increasing the likely hood of another purchase. If that's the case - Yamato should give a raise to the marketing and development team. Me? I would fire every one in the quality assurance department. :p

conspiracy.jpg

Sorry mr.chogokin, I didn't mean any ill feelings and I totally respect your opinions. I phrased it wrong and only meant it in light humor. Also yeah, I totally understand you and every one's frustration with broken valks. Yamato is very good at fixing problems or if you live in Japan they offer replacement parts. However I just feel that it keeps happening too often. For a $200 or $300 dollar toy I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a durable product. It's like buying a BMW made with Hyundai parts. :p Seriously the Management team at Yamato should put signs in front of the washroom stalls stating "PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN A CURE".

Hey in the Samsung washrooms they have pictures of 9-11 to remind their staff that disasters can happen anytime if your not on top of your game.

okay happy thoughts now :)

Graham, I've been checking this forum, emailing you, pm'ing you and this was gone before it even started, for a full year I have been trying to get these stupid hinges, you kept us all in the dark until I had to arrive one day and you didn't even email me, thanks for nothing, you never even responded my pms, sorry but you get no thanks for me, I believe you could have organized this much better but oh well, I guess I was number 300 in a line of 30 hinges, so the only thing I have to thank you is for all the time lost, hopes broken and your stupid decisions at the last minute.

thanks for the bitter memories.

mission accomplished my ass.

Hey, now. Play nice. Relax. Take a deep breath. Take your medication. :lol:

I have 3 v2 1/60 Valks with broken hinges. I didn't get any hinges either. That's the way it goes. Sell your broken valks and pick up new ones from HLJ with the fixed arms. Problem fixed. B))

Do NOT blame or get angry with someone who is trying to help. He is NOT being paid by Yamato for this service. He was doing it to be nice.

Don't be a crybaby about it. So you missed out. I did too. And we're not the only ones.

Yes, you sent 1 million emails to Graham, but if your tone reflected your attitude even remotely in the post above, I wouldn't get back to you either. TALK to people. Be nice to them. Especially when they are trying to HELP you on their own accord. Being an angerball about it doesn't get you anywhere. ;)

As someone mentioned above, blame Yamato. Don't blame the man trying to fix THEIR issue. Sheesh.

In a business stand point it is a great idea to make money. In a moral stand point it is a horrible idea. I really hope no one from Yamato or Bandai catches wind of your proposal. :(

That would mean every single new valk would come with some self destructive part for the purpose of generating more money. Let's not promote the fact that we are willing to pay the big companies more money to fix something that shouldn't have to be fixed in the first place. With the news of the YF-19 exploding along with the VF-0s, VF-1s and the VTs,....hmmmm I think you may be on to something.... :huh:

I broke the glass on my iphone... just walked into an Apple store and they replaced it for free in 5 minutes... lol. I wish it was comparable to Yamato breakage.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Sorry to reanimate this thread, but I would not know where else to ask: does anyone know if the tinted-canopy VF-1A Cannon Fodder is one of the safe models? I haven't seen mention of it breaking, but I think it's from around the same period as the problematic Valks?

I do have one of these, and never noticed any problem with mine. I think it came from the later releases, so you'll probably be fine.

I'd check the listing on Anymoon.com, since there's a fairly thorough listing of any v.2 VF-1s that were known to have shoulder problems. I know there was a supposed cut-off point, where any valks released past a certain release (I want to say Max's TV VF-1A) should be safe, but there were a few later releases that used old stock.