Post pics of VF-1 broken shoulders here!

Silvestri

Among all the bad news, I have a somewhat strange bit of good news! I've checked and rechecked it to make sure I'm not imagining things...even disassembled my Mass Production 1J to compare shoulders.

I got my VF-1J GBP set today from HLJ and once I took it out of the box, I immediately sat down at my workbench to do the suggested preemptive "surgery" on the VF-1J's shoulders. I started by removing the Valk's "back" assembly and then loosening the screws on the shoulder mounts. While doing this, I examined the offending rods on the shoulders and guess what I found...

Perfectly intact shoulder hinges with no stress fractures!

I looked closer at the retaining rods to see if they have the dreaded knurling that has been responsible for so many broken arms on first-run V2 Valkyries. This VF-1J DOESN'T seem to have knurled rods. I've sat here for 30 minutes now constantly bending the shoulders and transforming the Valkyrie back and forth, just to bench test whether or not I may start to see any stressing on the plastic...and I'm (thus far) happy to report that there has been none whatsoever. And just to clarify, I haven't been treating the Valkyrie like it's made of egg shells. I've been transforming it just like I transform my Elintseeker and Mass Production 1J.

Did I luck up and get a diamond in the rough with this GBP set or did Yamato make running production changes? I have pics below to verify the intact shoulders...

VF-1JShoulders001.jpg

VF-1JShoulders004.jpg

VF-1JShoulders003.jpg

VF-1JShoulders002.jpg

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

Guys, to keep it simple the same fee will be charged to everybody.

I'm charging US$2 per person, which covers the cost of the packing materials, i.e. the padded envelope, the shipping charges which so far have been under a dollar US each, something to cover any charges that Paypal will no doubt stick with, plus a little bit for my time, as this has taken up far more of my time than I expected. Hope that is not too unreasonable. The hinges are of course free of charge.

Please send payment by paypal to grahamandamy@gmail.com and when you send payment, please make sure to mention your Macrossworld name and real name, so I know who it's from.

The second batch of 20 envelopes will be posted out in the next couple of days. Updates will be posted in my sig.

Graham

Thanks Graham!

Just sent the money, OK?

I'm probably on the last run, that's OK! :lol:

[]'s

Guys, to keep it simple the same fee will be charged to everybody.

I'm charging US$2 per person, which covers the cost of the packing materials, i.e. the padded envelope, the shipping charges which so far have been under a dollar US each, something to cover any charges that Paypal will no doubt stick with, plus a little bit for my time, as this has taken up far more of my time than I expected. Hope that is not too unreasonable. The hinges are of course free of charge.

Please send payment by paypal to grahamandamy@gmail.com and when you send payment, please make sure to mention your Macrossworld name and real name, so I know who it's from.

The second batch of 20 envelopes will be posted out in the next couple of days. Updates will be posted in my sig.

Graham

Thanks all for all the payment sent so far. Special thanks to members who sent more than the US$2 I requested. This is greatly appreciated. :) This project has taken up far more of my time than I ever imagined, not to mention that Paypal's cut seems higher than I remember it being. :(

19 members hinges were posted on March 2nd. For the list of names see my sig.

31 more members hinges will be posted tomorrow, March 5th. I will update my sig tomorrow with the names.

Please do not post requests in this thread. I don't actually read this thread that carefully. Any requests or changes of info etc, please PM me ASAP.

Thanks,

Graham

Payment sent. Thank you Graham! :D

Thanks all for all the payment sent so far. Special thanks to members who sent more than the US$2 I requested. This is greatly appreciated. :) This project has taken up far more of my time than I ever imagined, not to mention that Paypal's cut seems higher than I remember it being. :(

19 members hinges were posted on March 2nd. For the list of names see my sig.

31 more members hinges will be posted tomorrow, March 5th. I will update my sig tomorrow with the names.

Please do not post requests in this thread. I don't actually read this thread that carefully. Any requests or changes of info etc, please PM me ASAP.

Thanks,

Graham

Graham, did Yamato ever say if the next runs of the GPB VF-1J armored sets would have the "fixed" shoulders? Cyclone Trooper's pics show that there is no knurling.

I will ask.

BTW, PM your address, I don't have it, so can't send your hinges.

Graham

Replacement hinges for the following 32 members have been posted out by airmail today: -

2nd batch - sent 5th March 2010

BlueMax, Dancougar, rsvictor1976, annubis20, DyNo, jenius, max928, Jepoyako,

UN Spacy, johnwayne, optimuspint, Regult, takatoys, charger 69, MACROSSF,

nightmareB4macross, bigkid24, BoBe-Patt, diablo, Razerwire, Chronocidal,

meh_cd, len_d69, mickyg, VF-19, Ignacio Ocamica, jodokast, Atheonyih,

fifbeat, hirohawa, crasis, sreyes.

Another batch of hinges for those remaining members that I've got addresses for will be sent out next week.

After that there will be a delay before any more hinges go out, as I will be overseas on a business trip from 14th to 23rd March.

There are many members who have still not sent me their full name and shipping address. I do not have time to chase you up by PM. The members I still need address for are: Sandman, Roy Focker, Loop, Vegas, Omegablue, Nanoplasm, ps99042, D'only, Blargg, Valk-1S, Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0, Sturmvogel, bryanlky (need full name).

Graham

Review your payment and send

Please check the following information before continuing. View PayPal policies and your payment source rights.

Description Amount

Gift For $20.00 USD

grahamandamy@gmail.com

Non-U.S. Verified Premier Member (81)

Your fee: $0.00 USD

Your total charge: $20.00 USD

$20.00 USD

Graham Richard will receive: $20.00 USD

$20.00 USD

Hello Everyone,

Please use the option to send Graham the payment as "Personal Gift". No offense, but honestly why wouldn't you pick that option in the first place? I'm by no means a Paypal expert, but the choice is clearly marked that you can send money without any fees.

After all of Grahams hardwork, and the low amount he is asking for ($2.00), it seems an insult to me to be so cheap and send only the bare minimum, plus cause Graham to lose part of it to fees. :unsure:

I'm not wealthy, but I sent $20 as my personal way of saying "Thanks." Plus I ordered (8) hinges, so that comes out to only $2.50 each not including shipping/handling.

Best wishes to all,

Christopher B))

PS: Graham and Amy...how sweet :lol:

IMPORTANT UPDATE - READ CAREFULLY

Just finished packing the following 18 members hinges and will post them out on Monday: -

3rd batch - to be posted March 8th 2010

mattomaton, Blaster, fenrir72, southpaw,

Vi-RS, brenttoyou, Danguard Ace, DatterBoy,

Cyclone Trooper, ff95gj, anotheran,

m0n5t3r (packed in ff95gj's envelope as requested),

Vegas, bryanlky, Valk-1S, Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0,

Sturmvogel, CF18.

You guys have all the hinges you requested.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following members have still not sent me their address: -

Sandman, Roy Focker, Loop, Omegablue, Nanoplasm, ps99042, D' only, Blargg.

Unfortunately, for the members who have not yet sent their addresses, I've just discovered a problem. I though I'd been given 200pcs of the off-white (lightish grey) hinges for the DYRL VF-1S/A Valks, but it seems that the quantity I was given is smaller than that (short by 12pcs). Basically, I've only got 8 of the off-white hinges remaining, but you guys have requested 20pcs in total between you. These will now be assigned to whoever PM's me their address first. I've even given up the 2 off-white hinges that I'd allocated to myself so you guys can have them. I'm trying to obtain more, but that is not certain. Anybody who unfortunately misses out, is welcome to bright white hinges instead.

Graham

Graham,

I know I'm late to the party here and this might have been covered so apologies if it was.

I don't have any broken hinges yet, but I do have ALL the Valks with the bad pins. Just because they haven't broken yet doesn't mean they won't. Bad hinge is bad hinge.

Will there be an opportunity to pick up some hinges at a later date for some preventative maintanance just in case? Or is this a snooze you loose type situation?

Thanks!

Graham,

I know I'm late to the party here and this might have been covered so apologies if it was.

I don't have any broken hinges yet, but I do have ALL the Valks with the bad pins. Just because they haven't broken yet doesn't mean they won't. Bad hinge is bad hinge.

Will there be an opportunity to pick up some hinges at a later date for some preventative maintanance just in case? Or is this a snooze you loose type situation?

Thanks!

Due to the extremely limited number of hinges available, my policy is only to supply hinges to people who actually have broken toys, not for "just in case" preventive maintenance for toys that are still fine.

Sorry, I would need 10 times the amount of hinges that I got if I were to supply "just in case" hinges to everybody.

I may possibly be able to obtain more hinges later on, but that is not certain. If and when I can, I will post either in this thread or in an update to my signature.

At the moment, there is still a small quantity of the bright white hinges and also the cream hinges remaining.

Graham

As promised, the following members hinges were just posted: -

3rd batch - sent 8th March 2010.

mattomaton, Blaster, fenrir72, southpaw,

Vi-RS, brenttoyou, Danguard Ace, DatterBoy,

Cyclone Trooper, ff95gj, anotheran,

m0n5t3r (packed in ff95gj's envelope),

Vegas, bryanlky, Valk-1S, Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0,

Sturmvogel, CF18, Jasonc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only people who's hinges have not gone out yet, are those who have not yet given me their addresses.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note, I will be travelling overseas on a business trip from 14th March to 23rd March. It is doubtful I will have time to get any more hinges sent out before my return, as I have a lot of other stuff to do this week.

Graham