Post pics of VF-1 broken shoulders here!

Silvestri

Thank you Graham, for sending these so fast. Also, thank Yamato for helping out the Macross fans here. Please let me know if you do get more of the DYRL off white ones. Thanks.

I'd suspect there will eventually be more pale grey hinges available, but it may have to wait until Yamato makes another batch--could be a couple weeks, could be a couple months.

Yamato should offer them up to match the side covers the GBP comes with. For sale, not replacement along with the side and neck covers.

Just back from my UK business trip. Time to catch up on the PMs and threads, as I haven't been online much in the past 10 days.

Some good news. While I was away, another batch of the off-white hinges for the DYRL VF-1A/S were delivered to my office. Not a huge amount, but enough to cover all those who are still waiting, as well as hopefully the recent enquiries I see in my inbox.

Please note that even with this new batch, the quantity is still limited and there is not enough to supply "just-in-case" preemptive hinges for toys that are still fine.

This means, I will only supply hinges to members whos toys are actually broken or showing serious stress marks. If I get requests for a large number of hinges, I may ask to see photographic proof that you actually have that many broken toys.

Anyway, give me a few days to clear through my backlog at work and I will start answering the PMs and getting the next batch ready for shipment.

Graham

Just back from my UK business trip. Time to catch up on the PMs and threads, as I haven't been online much in the past 10 days.

Some good news. While I was away, another batch of the off-white hinges for the DYRL VF-1A/S were delivered to my office. Not a huge amount, but enough to cover all those who are still waiting, as well as hopefully the recent enquiries I see in my inbox.

Please note that even with this new batch, the quantity is still limited and there is not enough to supply "just-in-case" preemptive hinges for toys that are still fine.

This means, I will only supply hinges to members whos toys are actually broken or showing serious stress marks. If I get requests for a large number of hinges, I may ask to see photographic proof that you actually have that many broken toys.

Anyway, give me a few days to clear through my backlog at work and I will start answering the PMs and getting the next batch ready for shipment.

Graham

Glad to hear this good news Graham, looking forward to this new batch of hinges :)

Glad I saw this thread. I have the Hikaru vf-1s DYRL with a totally busted left shoulder hinge and a right with stress mark. I inspected my t.v. version hikaru vf-1j today and it only has stress mark on right, but is starting to crack on the left shoulder. I've transformed both figures for no more than 4 times each being careful and gentle each time... the DYRL 1S hinge shattered upon my 1st transformation. I didn't even notice the 1J being broken until today.

I hope Graham still has one off white and one white set of hinges for both my valks.

Shoulder Hinge Update - 29th March 2010

Just caught up on all my PMs.

The second batch of off-white hinges is now all allocated and I have PMed everybody who requested a set(s). I am not accepting any new requests for off-white hinges.

There is still a small quantity of the bright white and cream hinges remaining.

I am extremely busy at work at the moment and will be travelling overseas for most of April. For these reasons, the next lot of hinges will not be posted out until early May.

Graham

Hi everyone, I am new in the forum and I have finally a broken valkyrie shoulder. I bought it a month and a half ago so practically new and this is the first one of 5 1/60 2.0 valks I own that has the problem its a vf-1s roy focker Dyrl. It was in gerwalk mode for 20 days and yesterday I wanted to transform it into fighter and when I took the toy SURPRISE!! a broken shoulder. there is no even need to play with it to have this problem. only time and pressure by the pin on that small piece of plastic will cause the problem.

is still Graham sending hinges??

I will send him a PM

post-12890-1270576944_thumb.jpg

DSC_1177.jpg

i don't get it. what's the deal?

i've had my 1/60 1J Hikaru for well over a year now,

with countless transformations and absolutely ZERO signs

of damage in the shoulders...

in fact, this model has long since proven itself to be

head and shoulders above any other VF-1 scale replica i've ever had,

and i've had them all, save for the 1/72 HCM.

despite their repeated engineering gaffes in the past,

YAMATO has been nothing short a total divine blessing for MACROSS fans.

i fully intend to be adding the 1S Fokker to my collection,

with the VF-11B, YF-19 and YF-21 thereafter...

hey, there all,

I've got a couple pix from my first release vf-1s. On shoulder held with copious crazy glue applications, then today I just noticed the decent crack in the other shoulder. Ever since this valk, I've been very patient with my Macross Purchases. Though, I'm waiting for the max 1a(tv) and a hiky 1j with fastpacks. Should I be concerned?

post-11829-1270836902_thumb.jpg

post-11829-1270836918_thumb.jpg

hey, there all,

I've got a couple pix from my first release vf-1s. On shoulder held with copious crazy glue applications, then today I just noticed the decent crack in the other shoulder. Ever since this valk, I've been very patient with my Macross Purchases. Though, I'm waiting for the max 1a(tv) and a hiky 1j with fastpacks. Should I be concerned?

post-11829-1270836902_thumb.jpg

post-11829-1270836918_thumb.jpg

Max 1A should have new hinges. I transformed mine for couple times and there hasn't been a problem. Hikaru 1J on the other hand, might have a 50/50 chance of having old hinges. i broke my first set in first transformation. but the one i got from hlj sales holds up pretty well.

Edited by brenttoyou

i don't get it. what's the deal?

If u don't have problems then stop wasting bandwidth and posting same post on different thread, this thread is for people who have problems. If you don't have problem then just consider urself lucky.