Post pics of VF-1 broken shoulders here!

Silvestri

Going to try one more time and seems like this is the only option in order to try to get a response. Would like to get an update on the replacement shoulders as I have been waiting since March 2010 last year for the second batch of off white shoulders to be sent out. Been trying to contact Graham but no success including emails to his Paypal account. Always been told soon for over the last year. It's not that I am not appreciative of Graham for getting the parts as he's doing it for the members and not himself, but I do have a limit of waiting considering I sent funds in March last year. Anyway nothing much lost but had enough and if I don't hear anything soon will just give up and look for other avenues to obtain it.

Hah. Here I was, just having gotten my first 1/60 VF-1J last night, coming to MW to post about how awesome it is, when I run across this thread and nearly have a fit.

I'm having flashbacks to when I purchased my old VF-11B, 1/48 VF-1S and 1/60 VF-0A so, so many years ago.

Nice to know that Yamato is consistent in its terrible quality control.

VT-1 has both shoulders with cracked panels like everyone elses. Real bummer. Used super glue to hopefully secure them. I have transformed it a few times and it seems "fine" - but it's certainly not as it should be. I guess I'm just so used to Yamato QC issues, that even with the cracks, so long as it doesn't explode into a million pieces, I consider the toy "fine" :)

Pete

For me, the saving grace with the VT-1 is that I don't see any reason to transform it past half gerwalk. ^_^ But yeah, that one seemed to get a bad batch of shoulders all around. Actually, I'm not sure that one ever made it through more than one production run. I got mine shortly after it came out, but it was already discounted, similar to the VE-1. While I love those designs, and know a lot of people here do too, I get the impression they never sold very well compared with the more iconic VF-1s.

Edited by Chronocidal

So i've identified that I do indeed have one of the VF-1J's that can explode. The canopy is rainbow coloured as well.

I don't really know what to do at this point. Should I just box it up and get rid of it as fast as possible, or are replacement parts available via Macrossworld?

I'm guessing that there aren't any?

Damn, I hate the feeling of having pissed away $100+ dollars :(

-edit- aaaaand the shoulder joints are starting to crack. nuts

Edited by Magnus

any v.2 VF-1?... every release after the VF-1D except for the VT-1 and the VF-1J w/ armor parts that doesn't have the grey visor.

Actually the first release (Dec. 2009) of the VF-1J with armor parts was old stock with a new head with the gray visor. So the visor color isn't a good indicator of a safe release or not. I'm not at all sure how one tells the difference between the Dec. 2009 and the May 2010 safe release.

Actually the first release (Dec. 2009) of the VF-1J with armor parts was old stock with a new head with the gray visor. So the visor color isn't a good indicator of a safe release or not. I'm not at all sure how one tells the difference between the Dec. 2009 and the May 2010 safe release.

forgot about that... the May 2010 safe release should be the one with clear canopy and new crotch then.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I may have to send the remaining shoulders to someone else to distribute. Work and personal life had been crazy busy the last year. Anybody want to take on the responsibility, let me know.

Graham,

currently on vacation in Corfu.

I think I may have to send the remaining shoulders to someone else to distribute. Work and personal life had been crazy busy the last year. Anybody want to take on the responsibility, let me know.

Graham,

I do not mind doing it but Australia shipping to the rest of the world is not as cheap as other countries due to the rates charged here and the current Australian Dollar being strong. Will cost approximately A$3.25 to send to the US from here ($1 for padded bag and $2.25 for postage before Paypal fees). Someone in HK or US (most people getting replacement would be there) would be the best person.

However, if you can't find someone, I am more than happy to do it.

I guess the best will be a US based member to distribute the spare parts...

Guys I know this maybe wont help anyone but I fixed my VF 1S shoulder using some spare wrist watch hands I had. This things are easy to buy on eBay for custom works...

Diameter of the center hole was almost exactly for the metal Rod,so I drilled a hole where the plastic broke and inserted the watch hand all the way in. I used 3 minute watch hands. Then added some glue, then a little epoxy and now the shoulder works and even looks great.

I know it sounds difficult but it only took like 20 mints to get the job done.

Guess I'll do US if no one else will. Like Valk-1S said. price of postage and envelopes. These things don't come in boxes right? you just mailed them in the envelopes? I'll put a piece of cardboard around them for extra protection if I do it. I got my replacements a long time ago, don't need any for myself. If you have a list the guys on this thread that are willing to can be divided into regions for cheaper shipping.

I guess the best will be a US based member to distribute the spare parts...

Guys I know this maybe wont help anyone but I fixed my VF 1S shoulder using some spare wrist watch hands I had. This things are easy to buy on eBay for custom works...

Diameter of the center hole was almost exactly for the metal Rod,so I drilled a hole where the plastic broke and inserted the watch hand all the way in. I used 3 minute watch hands. Then added some glue, then a little epoxy and now the shoulder works and even looks great.

I know it sounds difficult but it only took like 20 mints to get the job done.

Hi there...could you take some pics of the said repairs? Would like to try it. ;)

I believe Graham literally has 3 big ziplock bags full of shoulders. 1 of DYRL grey-white, 1 of TV pure white, and 1 of CF tan. They're just placed into envelopes and mailed.

Is anybody handling Asia or Southeast Asia region? I could volunteer but I doubt the members here trust me yet...

Here some pics of my "Fixed shoulder". I now it is very far form perfect but it works fine.

I used some wrist watch hands like the one in the picture, drilled a hole in the plastic (where it broke) and inserted the hands all the way in. this gives a lot of strength to the whole piece. I used 3 hands.

Then some glue and epoxy and it is done. In fact if I sand a little and paint the repaired area it will be ver hard to notice. But I am too lazy. Maybe I will do it later.

post-389-0-80018800-1310052465_thumb.jpg

post-389-0-33525900-1310052498_thumb.jpg

post-389-0-12216800-1310052514_thumb.jpg

Graham,

I think I can take care of it. Drop me a line and we can work out the details.

Hi guys, just got myself a Yamato Macross VF-1S 1/48 scale off a web store. I was reading this thread and saw many broken shoulders are in 1/60 scale. Does the 1/48 have this problem too since they do look alike at the joints. Thks alot.

no, but you do have to be careful of the backpack hinge. Make sure you secure it with the tab at the top and don't force it up in battroid mode.

Thks for the tip. Great forum with lots of info. Can't wait for the figure to be in.

Since Exo is a moderator, I think that'd be just fine. I believe he's also kinda close to a large group of the active board people here also, so shipping to a large group will be inexpensive.