Do you still need replacement shoulder hinges for your V.2 VF-1?

David Hingtgen

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which hinge(s) do you need?

• Left
    • Right
    • Both
    • More than one set (explain in thread)

Trying to see just how many un-fixed VF-1's are still out there. Also, this is a poll strictly to acquire "numbers needed from Yamato"---if yours hasn't broken, don't participate. If yours have been replaced already, also don't participate----this is not trying to find out how many broke in total, it's trying to find out how many still ARE broken.

vf-1s right outta the box.

The arms haven't fallen off because I haven't tried to transform it yet. But each shoulder has a crack on the pin. When I tried to move them, the crack got bigger)

Since it's my only v2 )for a long time to come) I don't wanna risk moving them too much.

Both broken on my first two DYRL V.2s, Roy and Hikaru 1A, so 4 total. I mostly fixed them myself so I haven't ordered new ones, but I'd gladly take a set of new shoulders for both if they were available (and if Overdrive ever gets back to me.. I emailed them several months ago about a new Hikaru 1J head, still no help there <_<)

Any chance you can add a "multiple valks/multiple shoulders" option to the poll?

Edited by Chronocidal

Roy VF-1S ( 2 shoulders )

Hikaru 1A ( left Shoulder )

Yes im still planning on acquiring replacement parts.

Same here!!

But I'd like a right shoulder too for my Hikaru 1A just in case B))

It would be better to get both shoulders for the defective valks.

Both broken on my first two DYRL V.2s, Roy and Hikaru 1A, so 4 total. I mostly fixed them myself so I haven't ordered new ones, but I'd gladly take a set of new shoulders for both if they were available (and if Overdrive ever gets back to me.. I emailed them several months ago about a new Hikaru 1J head, still no help there <_<)

Any chance you can add a "multiple valks/multiple shoulders" option to the poll?

Darn it, I did forget about that possibility. I'll see what I can do.

::edit:: New thread option added.

my hikaru 1A has been cracked since it came out of the box. i put in a request to Overdrive immediately and after 3 months still hadn't heard anything. when i emailed them for an update they said Yamato is too busy to keep up with replacement parts. now it's about 5 months later (8months total) and still nothing...

i need More than one set because i precipitate and buy two roys but i will not pay for a replacement part unless that part was made of metal i almost sure that you know that graham happened with the vf 1j with gbp and unfortunately is our fault for not be more demanding clients

the gbp should have come with lauching effect and the vf 22s m&m should come with extras like sound boosters or missiles not only a repaint of gamlin

in my opinion is the obligation of yamato send us new shoulders for ours valkyries

and is for this details that this chrismas my wallet was for bandai and they myth cloths line

I need to go re-examine my newer Valks now, since it seems the shoulder problem is reappearing..I think my M&Ms are ok, but I didn't look too closely at my VF-1D and VT-1 yet, and I think someone reported seeing the knurled pins making a comeback on some of those.

Btw David, if you didn't already, please change my vote to the "multiples" option.. I voted "both" before thinking of that. :rolleyes:

Just to be safe David, is it possible to request the shoulders specifically from the Max Valkyries? Those ones for sure have pins sans knurling. All we need are the shoulders themselves, not the pads/covering.

I have no idea. I just plan to present all this evidence to Graham and see if he can get a big box of just shoulders or something (since shoulder breakages are a hot topic between him and Yamato now). Even if such a thing happens, distribution may be an issue.

And your last sentence is another point I'd like to try to get across to Yamato---we just need the hinges, not the entire arm assembly.

My VF-1S and VF-1J left shoulders both broke :(

Wait, which version VF-1J, and when did you get it? I got my Hikaru in the past couple months, and it has the newer pins.

Btw folks, check your VT-1s. Mine's not broken yet, it's just got a bit of stress on each shoulder. Apparently they let out a run of those with the bad shoulders too.

So, that's up to six new shoulders for me, two pairs of DYRL white ones, and a pair in VT-1 tan which I'll probably need eventually.

Wait, which version VF-1J, and when did you get it? I got my Hikaru in the past couple months, and it has the newer pins.

Btw folks, check your VT-1s. Mine's not broken yet, it's just got a bit of stress on each shoulder. Apparently they let out a run of those with the bad shoulders too.

So, that's up to six new shoulders for me, two pairs of DYRL white ones, and a pair in VT-1 tan which I'll probably need eventually.

Is your VF-1J a stand alone, or was it packed with the FAST Packs? Also, which retailer did you order it from?

pondo--there's already several threads about it. This thread is not for that, this is purely a poll.

I know that there are several threads. But I'm saying that there should be a sticky. because it's pretty much an FAQ. And it definitely affects all of us.