Looking for help with Joomla 1.5

Seto Kaiba

Thanks for taking the time to read this little appeal for help...

If you've paid any attention at all to the recent goings-on in the Robotech fandom, you're probably at least aware of the drama surrounding the latest spate of bannings handed down for questioning the Harmony Gold company line and the crackpot theories and outright lies some of the Robotech.com moderators are spreading about the planned Robotech live-action movie and the Macross legal situation. Since the only other well-established Robotech online community is run by one of the RT.com moderators responsible for the original problem, and is rapidly turning into a ghost town now that criticizing any aspect of Robotech and/or his crackpot theories is a banning offense, the decent folks in the Robotech fandom don't really have anywhere left to go.

Some friends of mine took it upon themselves to meet the demand with a free-hosting board, but like most free sites, it's not really up to the task of handling high volumes of traffic, let alone the fanart and fanfiction and whatnot which the site's supposed to showcase. (if you know me at all, you can probably see where this is going)

So, having a surfeit of storage space on my own site and wanting to do something nice for some good people, I offered to host their community on a subdomain. I shopped around a bit for content management systems that'd support what they were looking to do and we settled on Joomla, since that was what they were already familiar with. Unfortunately for me, I found the administrative backend to be painfully unintuitive, and the documentation not terribly helpful. Rather than try to muddle my way through it on my own and sacrificing a few dozen installations of the software to the gods of guess-and-check in the process, I figured the safest thing to do would be to ask someone who's already familiar with the software for help... so to that end:

I'm looking for someone familiar with the administrative backend of Joomla 1.5 who's willing to donate a little bit of their time to help me learn the ropes and get the system configured for the features we need/want.

Edited by Seto Kaiba