1/60 Yamato VF-0A

Valkyrie Driver

Hey ikihii, great job man! Are you also going to do the VF-0S?

Also, a question for the you peeps in the know...do you guys think Yamato, Bandai or Hasagawa will ever create the U.N. Spacy F-14 KAI at 1/60 scale? If not a model kit, a fine mold will do too with detachable weapons, movable wings and landing gears?

The Century Wings 1/72 scale F-14 is just too small next to these 1/60 macross fighters.

Hey ikihii, great job man! Are you also going to do the VF-0S?

Also, a question for the you peeps in the know...do you guys think Yamato, Bandai or Hasagawa will ever create the U.N. Spacy F-14 KAI at 1/60 scale? If not a model kit, a fine mold will do too with detachable weapons, movable wings and landing gears?

The Century Wings 1/72 scale F-14 is just too small next to these 1/60 macross fighters.

No, it'll likely never happen. 1/60 is an esoteric scale which is not supported by model makers of real life aircraft.

This is why I'm not a keen supporter of Yamato's decision to go with 1/60 scale. They should've stuck with 1/72 or 1/48. :(

If you want a F-14 Tomcat to sit next to a Valkyrie, you have to move to building Hasegawa and/or Bandai Valkyrie kits. Which is what I have started to do.

Edited by Vifam7

Looks good. Doing all those rivets would have driven me nuts. Did you seal it to keep the rivets and the weathering from rubbing off?

I didn't seal it and I could use coating to make them stay. I am still experimenting on best effects. So far, it looks ok and I need to learn and get tips from all of you. For now, I won't do it on VF-0S (not just yet). I did try a gray eraser and rub on it, some stuck into the holes and create a rivets effect but they won't stay on. So, i love to get some advice ;) I plan to get some silver ink and it may work... still trying

cheers and thanks for the great comments ;)

ikhii

• 3 weeks later...

I have the VF 0S and unfortunately the waist hinge that keeps the legs and the upper body broke so now its effectively in 2 half’s. Very disappointed in the quality of this product I own 1/48 Max TV and a 1/60 yf19 and both are fine this thing fell apart. Not to mentions the backpack flap broke also.

I was thinking of trying overman’s site but he is currently suspending orders can we try HLJ to help us order parts.

Is the shin version the better of the two. I personally love the VF 0D if they ever made it but this is all that we have.

What about the SV 51 types are they are good we have 3 or does the quality suck on them both. It really makes you think twice before you invest your money in something if the quality is crap. You can’t enjoy it nor can you resale it’s a loss.

Edited by moose

I have the VF 0S and unfortunately the waist hinge that keeps the legs and the upper body broke so now its effectively in 2 half’s. Very disappointed in the quality of this product I own 1/48 Max and a 1/60 yf19 and both are fine this thing fell apart. Not to mentions the backpack flap broke also.

I was thinking of trying overman’s site but he is currently suspending orders can we try HLJ to help us order parts.

Is the shin version the better of the two. I personally love the VF 0D if they ever made it but this is all that we have.

What about the SV 51 types are they are good we have 3 or does the quality suck on them both. It really makes you think twice before you invest your money in something if the quality is crap. You can’t enjoy it nor can you resale it’s a loss.

SHin's 0A with the ghost pack feels the most stable of mine, though i only had one ) shoulders start to crack, and i glued them up and have had no trouble since (And I have 3 Os's and 4 Oa's)

Ikhii that looks amazing mate :) Well done!

And yes, a 0D is my most anticipated Macross plane now.

I must have really been lucky to get first versions of the VF-0A and VF-0S with no issues. I now own the latest of both versions that included the ghost booster sets. One is displayed in fighter mode and have never been transformed. The other resides in its box because I have not had time to remove it and display it. It'll be just my luck that these two would have issues should I try to transform them. :wacko:

I must have really been lucky to get first versions of the VF-0A and VF-0S with no issues. I now own the latest of both versions that included the ghost booster sets. One is displayed in fighter mode and have never been transformed. The other resides in its box because I have not had time to remove it and display it. It'll be just my luck that these two would have issues should I try to transform them. :wacko:

I'm still afraid to transform my one and only one. :ph34r:

Need some help guys since I damaged my vf os I contacted HLJ to order so some replacement parts they are requesting a parts number.I have the manual open, however I don't see the a parts list should I just give a description. the gray part of the backpack were the back flaps hang broke and the back flap broke. Also a brass colored metal screw that joins the big white colored metal joint thing that keeps the legs and the body together broke. Some thing so small could bring down this giant. I was just wondering as to the wording I need to give them since they want a description. Any help will be great. I was just gonna ask for the white hinge and a back pack to keep it simple since. What do you think. Maybe some on can read me the Japanese in the manual and give me a better description

Edited by moose

Wow, that's great news!!! ^_^

I was really, really close to buying the overpriced previous release and worried that the VF-0A would have shoulder and/or tail fin problems. <_<

Hopefully they will release them with the ghost again as well.

The replacement shoulders I received from Over Drive more than a year ago for my VF-0A are working fine!!! No cracks after numerous transformations.

As previously said, the problem with the self desintegrating shoulders/elbows was the plastic chosen. These re-releases should be pretty much problem free!!!

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Let's hope this will generate funding for the VF-0D.

If they fail (with more broken shoulders) on this attempt it could, be the end for Macross 0 products. Or at least the VF-0.

So this is a completely new release? Or is it a fixed up version of ones they've stuffed up before?

Because I've looked at the Macross Zero ones and they generally look good but I've noted a lot of threads where problems with them have been mentioned (such as here) and I've been apprehensive about buying one. Do we think Yamato will get this right?

So this is a completely new release? Or is it a fixed up version of ones they've stuffed up before?

Because I've looked at the Macross Zero ones and they generally look good but I've noted a lot of threads where problems with them have been mentioned (such as here) and I've been apprehensive about buying one. Do we think Yamato will get this right?

reissues. new production run most probably since it's on preorder. and someone mentioned that the last reissue of the VF-0S was a little less whiter (more off-white or dirty white).

if the Dec. '08 VF-0S reissue is any indication, these'll be all fixed up and tight... not as tight as the v.2 VF-1 but not floppy at all... i'm very happy w/ the reissue VF-0S i got last year. but my Shin 0A has been in fighter mode and will remain so forever (i did check the shoulders and they seem to be perfectly fine, no stress marks or crakcs... whew ^_^)

Edited by m0n5t3r

Well this is good news, I tried transforming my CF0A my wife gave me for Christmas and the shoulders/elbows were definitely falling apart so I went ahead and threw it back in to fighter before I could finish gerwalk mode. I can finally get my Shin 0A abd Focker 0S.

TOYSDAILY - http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthread.php?tid=120617

bottom of the page, re-releases of the 0A and 0S.

To avoid getting done over, I suggest go with people in the know, I got my revised VF-0S with Overdrive.

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/

0S

01401.jpg

【2010年4月再販】マクロスゼロ 1/60 完全変形 VF-0S

メーカー: やまと

サイズ: 1/60(ファイター時:全長約300mm)

詳細: ABS・PVC・ダイキャスト製完成品

発売日: 2010年4月発売予定

定価:17,640円 販売価格:15,876円

©2002 BIG WEST ※表示価格は消費税込価格です。

「マクロスゼロ」からロイ・フォッカーが搭乗する機体VF-0Sを完全立体化いたします。パーツの差替えなしで、ファイター・ガウォーク・バトロイド各形態ヘの完全変形を実現しました。1/48完全変形版VF-1で構築された技術を活かし更にグレードアップを図りました。スケールは違いますが、設定上1/48スケールと同等の商品サイズになります。また付属アクセサリーとして、発売中のマクロスディスプレイスタンドに展示可能なアタッチメントも同梱されます。

0A

01532.jpg

【2010年4月再販】マクロスゼロ 1/60 完全変形 VF-0A

メーカー: やまと

サイズ: 1/60(ファイター時:全長約300mm)

詳細: ABS・PVC・ダイキャスト製完成品

発売日: 2010年4月発売予定

定価:17,640円 販売価格:15,876円

©2002 BIG WEST ※表示価格は消費税込価格です。

「マクロスゼロ」より試験的実戦機であるVF-0Aを完全変形版で立体化しました。パーツの差替えなしで、ファイター・ガウォーク・バトロイド各形態への完全変形を実現。付属アクセサリーとして、発売中のマクロスディスプレイスタンドに展示可能なアタッチメントも同梱されます。

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I want a VF-0S but don't want to risk getting one with a bum shoulder. I love the weathering job, but am not as fond of the design, mostly because it's too anachronistic. I could buy it being a proto type somewhere after VF-11 but it's just too... curvy for anything before YF-21. Looking at it in the VF-1 Master Variable fighter, it especially jumps out in contrast to both F-14 and VF-1. There are also the 'gem' styled nose sensors like YF-19, and a few other small detail.

I could see it and love it in a heretical reboot, perhaps, but just doesn't jive with the last 10 years of real life valk development as an intermediary/precursor design.

Speaking of 1/60 being an odd scale, I was kinda hoping Yamato would do a 1/60 F-14X and from there branch out into other aircraft in the scale (probably JASDF, but I'd kill for them to do a YF-23 and F-22A). Non-transforming means simpler, though nice details like removable missiles, opening weapons hatches, airbrakes, radomes, flaps, etc could be nice.

• 3 months later...

Alright, I got my re-issue of the VF-0S and it is functional with no breakage other than what I accidentally did pushing the seat upright. It's an awesome piece, but I wish they had a latch for the backpack, seems kinda floppy. the right hand is floppy so the gunpod can easily fall off. Comes with the standard FPs and weapons. I also would have liked it to have been more along the lines of the VF-1's transformation, especially when it came to the swing bar going inside the nose. I've given up on it for now, doesn't seem to slip in there like with the 1/48 and some 1/60s. Head movement is stiff, not like other Yamato Valks. Like I said, neat piece, somewhat worth the price, too bad they don't have Shin's 0A. Just gotta deal with the re-release of the CF-0A for those of you who pre-ordered that one.