What display case to get?

Twoducks

Ok, so I'm finally going to get a display case but I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what to get. I'll probably go with Ikea since other display cases cost a bit much IMO.

- The Detolf is the one I see more here in MW but I'm not to fond of how it looks.

- I'm also eyeing the small Billy/ Byom(taller than the Detolf but les width and depth).

- And finally, the ASPVIK:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30114613

(I've never seen this last one on MW)

Any help in deciding? I what to fit as much robots as posible but whitout looking tacky or cramped.

Edited by Twoducks

the depth of the detolf shelf is pretty good for displaying 1/60 v.2 Vf-1s... you can use some stands or some kind of elevated acrylic platform to display the VF-1s in battroid at the back while still being able to display other VF-1s in fighter mode on the front part or vise versa.

as for the bigger valks (1/48, 1/60 VF-0 and Mac+ VFs), you'd have to angle them a bit to make them fit... and the max you could fit in one level in fighter mode would probably be just 2 VFs...

Edited by m0n5t3r

yeah, exactly, detolf has huge gaps and dust blows in freely.

I didn't know you could fit a 1/60 VF-1 inside bertby...you'll have less shelves if in battroid mode tho.

I have billy, and the bigger fighters like the SV-51 have a hard time fitting in, only gerwalk and battroid since wingspan in fighter is too much for the shelf depth.

Agreed, I used Detolfs for a long time and dust was very rarely an issue. If I ever have a chance to display my collection again I'm going to look for an old store display case that's taller and wider, preferably with locks. I had 4 Detolfs at one point... that was fun.

yeah, exactly, detolf has huge gaps and dust blows in freely.

I didn't know you could fit a 1/60 VF-1 inside bertby...you'll have less shelves if in battroid mode tho.

I have billy, and the bigger fighters like the SV-51 have a hard time fitting in, only gerwalk and battroid since wingspan in fighter is too much for the shelf depth.

The glass shelve on bertby is removable and freely adjustable at any height you want, an extra feature. No problem placing battroid modes.

It's air tight, and looks organize but not taking up lots of space at the mean time.

The glass shelve on bertby is removable and freely adjustable at any height you want, an extra feature. No problem placing battroid modes.

It's air tight, and looks organize but not taking up lots of space at the mean time.

Thanks for the pics Vi RS. I'm moving in 2 months and am on the hunt for glass curio cabinets to display ALL my toys in.....looking for something airtight and lockable if possible....IKEA stuff is nice and cheap, thought about going with Detolf's, but having second thoughts now....if you want glass on 3 or all 4 sides though...things get $$$ quick....

Anybody else got pics of cabinet ideas they wanna post??? :ph34r:

Ikea also makes other cabinets that I recommend. I have 2 of the Biby cabinets. The space between each level isn't as high,nor as wide as the detolf, but you get essentially five levels to store your items. It is also a little more elegant, and it comes with a key lock.

The Grevback is similar to another cabinet that I have from Ikea as well. It has adjustable shelving and also has five levels. The other cabinet that I have from Ikea that they no longer make was called the ingo. I think the Grevback replaced it. The ingo is my favorite cabinet. None of my cabinets collect that much dust. I would think that the Detolf would be the worst, because the gap between the door is the widest of the 3 different cabinets I have.

Ikea also makes other cabinets that I recommend. I have 2 of the Biby cabinets. The space between each level isn't as high,nor as wide as the detolf, but you get essentially five levels to store your items. It is also a little more elegant, and it comes with a key lock.

The Grevback is similar to another cabinet that I have from Ikea as well. It has adjustable shelving and also has five levels. The other cabinet that I have from Ikea that they no longer make was called the ingo. I think the Grevback replaced it. The ingo is my favorite cabinet. None of my cabinets collect that much dust. I would think that the Detolf would be the worst, because the gap between the door is the widest of the 3 different cabinets I have.

Just curious, what are the measurements for height, width and depth per shelf for the Biby?

• 2 months later...

Here reviving an old thread.

I have been looking for pictures of an amazing member collection, with some dioramas, custom lights in uncluttered and orderly cabinets. Can't remember if that was MaveRick or somebody else's collection, but would love to see those again, spent the last two hours looking for it but there must be something I am doing wrong...

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction.

EDIT: found it here and here and here...really nice

Edited by regult