Yamato 1/2000 & 1/3000 DYRL SDF-1

Jefuemon

i believe snake meant that it's possible to make a regular release one at around US$200 as Bandai have shown w/ their DX Quarter.

... and an SDF-1 in the same size and price as the DX Quarter is perfectly fine w/ me.

I hope the size to be in the MQ's range too. Otherwise storage is a BIG problem for me...

If this thing is remaining at 1/2000 scale, I'm not even going to psyche myself up with the false hope that it's going to be anywhere near affordable for my budget. My wife epically denied me buying the prototype, so I'm pretty sure the mass-production version will fall under that same "you aren't gonna blow $2k on a plastic toy" category in her book...

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthread.php?tid=126677

ap_20100428034850143.jpg

1/2000 完全變形 Macross SDF-1 大量生產化

*** this could only be the mass produced version we have been curious about... 1/2000, what they wanna ask for it??? Give us a break Yamato please!

SO does it actually have LEDs?

When is it due for release?

wonder if we should wait for the movie colour version... lol scary thought tho mass produced sdf`1s.. cfsdf`1.. :lol:

Ha! Surely for this price they plan to only produce it in one variation...but I guess that all depends on how many are willing to shell out $2000 for whichever comes first. LED's would definitely put it on my want/have to get list. We'll just have to see... :unsure:

Nope. Those look like they were photoshopped into the pic along with the " motion haze" around the SDF-1, the Earth in the background and the big blue laser bolt. ^_^

Would suck big time for the collectors who have their limited 1/2000 resin prototype under their mattress and payed +2000USD for Yamato to come with a production version that could be cheaper by mass production

But you have to think that that was in their minds when they ordered it. I know it would have been in mine. And to tell you the truth, depending on how much it was (if released) and I got the resin version, I probably have enough money to get a mass production one if I had the cash to buy the protoype replica.

haha, what about the guy that sold a kidney or borrowed money from the mob to get the prototype? :lol:

Well I doubt any mass production version will be build out of the hi grade polymers that the prototype was made out of anyway so first adopters could still be `elite` in any mass production scenario.

I believe Yamato would not simply yamatoed their fans - the mass production model would certainly inferior in some ways.

I still think it is a smaller scale. The previous technical difficulties to mass production were owe to its size, more or less.

haha, what about the guy that sold a kidney or borrowed money from the mob to get the prototype? :lol:

Well I doubt any mass production version will be build out of the hi grade polymers that the prototype was made out of anyway so first adopters could still be `elite` in any mass production scenario.

well, you can't help everyone! :D

We'll get bigger pics, we'll know then if it's inferior. I just want the city detail in the legs dammit. That and the main bridge big enough to modify some nice lighting inside.

My "upgrades" will include -

Speaker System/Ipod dock internal

multi LED locations, Bridge lighting, Leg Main Thruster and Back Thrusters LED lighting etc.

and one BAD ASS mod which i'm not sure if i can do yet... it WILL blow your minds i'm certain of it.

I don't care how long it will take me to get it done or atleast worked out, i'm gonna have fun! Please Yamato.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

...and one BAD ASS mod which i'm not sure if i can do yet... it WILL blow your minds i'm certain of it.

Motors and actuators for R/C transformation, perchance?

Nah...I don't feel like thanking people who condone Yamato overpriced antics

If people who have just say, I'm not going to buy your big chunk of UNFINISHED resin, Yamato would have found another way to try and fill the niche market for SDF-1 fans

BTW, IF Yamato comes with a production 1/2000 SDF-1, people must be equivalently Yamatoed to the SDF-1 scale... Super Dimensionally Yamatoed

Yamato Mass Production Version... doesn't that mean it will be the same product in cannon fodder paint scheme :)

now that you mention it, it does look a little like the SDFN-4... :p

ap_20100428034850143.jpgmacross-global-attack_small.gif

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthread.php?tid=126677

ap_20100428034850143.jpg

1/2000 完全變形 Macross SDF-1 大量生產化

*** this could only be the mass produced version we have been curious about... 1/2000, what they wanna ask for it??? Give us a break Yamato please!

When is it due for release?

I hope they use the $2000 they got from the people who bought it, to help bring down the cost of this thing. I would have been able to justify getting one if it was a completed toy. But even then It's very hard to swallon 2G's for a couple of months...

I'm still not interested if it's $2k. If it's a reasonable price I'll be pre-ordering and clearing out a special spot on my display shelves. I've been wanting a good quality movie version SDF-1 toy for ages.