Possible 'Detail-Up' V2 VF-1 from Yamato

Graham

1. Added mechanical detail behind the visor.

2. Improved cockpit interior detail, i.e. more detailed ejector seat, instrument panel etc. -can they position the pilot more to the rear this time?

3. Better detailing on the pilot.

4. More Tampo printing (obviously, this one could not be released as an add-on accessory).

5. Battroid mode side covers.

6. More detailed hands. -can we get a pair in a saluting pose? (and for KARATE!) plus a southpaw trigger finger hand.

7. Ground crew and weapons carts.

8. Standing pilot figures.

9. Modern day NATO bombs/missiles to attach to the VF-1 wings.

10. Those pilot seats that another company made to simulate the seat rising out of the head in battroid mode.

11. Gunpod with removable access panels and internal detail. -plus a belt of ammo

-Arrestor hooks inside the leg landing gear. (clip-ons would be fine, if possible)

-Those internal, arm-mounted mini arms.

-Detailed backpack heatshield.

-UUM-7 Micro missile pods w/ removable panel & interior detail.

-high-detail missiles just like the Hasegawa kits. panel lines & rivets for the reaction missiles.

-clip-on backpack antenna ?

-complete decal set (TV+DYRL?). more like the Hasegawa decals, minus the engrish.

-adjustable gunpod strap, just like the ones in 1/6 scale guns.

-replacement ,reinforced shoulder parts

-replacement nose-hip locking part?

-more decals! (if people want rivets, this might actually be the cheaper alternative)

Kits for 1:48 would be nice too. 1:60 thruster/feet for 1:48 :)

landing wheels with spring articulated shocks.

some kinds of mechanical upgrade gear system to make the wings move at the same time. (long shot but would be in genius to see it worked)

A lot of these requests seem less like upgrades and more like diorama parts.

I like Grahams list and would love to add the heads that were drawn in the Macross The First Comic Book.

Standing pilots are cool, though I got that covered already.

TAMPO Print!!! Tampo Print!!! Tampo Print! Put everything even the numbers on there... everyone can customize the older releases but tampo these up with detailed cockpits and visors and they wont be able to refuse it.

4. More Tampo printing (obviously, this one could not be released as an add-on accessory)

12. Fix the the seam lines on the cockpit nose section.

Now this is a very minor complaint, but if you look at the nose section there are obvious seam lines, fix them! :lol: Sad part is the VF-1 is great already and there isn't much you can do to make it better.

From reading HLJ production list there's a VF-1 v2 glue kit.... well make a 1/24 to go next to the Patlabor! OK 1/24 might be a bit big, but 1/32 should be do able, something on par with an Ultra Grade Gundam but Perfect Transformation.

OK... I'm a hypocrite after I complain about people wanting dioramas... but what about adding augmented reality cards to every toy? I mean the CG is already there, why not have Big West use them...

Thats pretty cool stuff! It would be pretty nice to have something like that for Macross

Edited by BlueMax

An improved swing-bar like the Elint and Ostrich have would be awesome. Would require alot of parts to be swapped out I know, but while they're at it I would like to see the rotateable torso that the V.1 had - the swing bar would have to be totally redeveloped tho. If they could somehow remove those annoying little swing-bar hole pieces that would be even better but I know that's difficult.

I would also like to see a piece that fills the gaps in the top of the battroid chest. It might even be possible to have pieces that reinforce the sholder as well as fill the gaps in the chest and sides - similar to the GBP add-ons.

Otherwise I would like to second stronger-sholder locking and for the single cockpit to have the pilot seat further back.

And Stampede Armor pieces... <runs>

this, by far. I'd love to see optional weapon sets with a mix of bombs/rockets/missiles/fuel tanks etc.

I'd also like to see them release at least a pair offixed pose DYRL? style closed fists. If they want to go further and give use a a dozen different fixed pose hands that would be great.

the cockpit/pilot/mechanical detail upgrades would be fine on future releases though I wouldn't bother trying to retrofit my existing toys. Definitely more tempo printing on future releases though.

:edit:

all the diorama type stuff (i.e. ground crew, standing pilots) I would definitely pass on and would prefer them NOT included in future releases. I'm not really in to that stuff and it's just more parts to loose.

Edited by anime52k8

1. Replacement shoulder hinges

2. Black instrument panel (why are they white?)

3. See #1

This, plus this :

2. Improved cockpit interior detail, i.e. more detailed ejector seat, instrument panel etc.

3. Better detailing on the pilot.

4. More Tampo printing (obviously, this one could not be released as an add-on accessory).

5. Battroid mode side covers.

7. Ground crew and weapons carts.

8. Standing pilot figures.

10. Those pilot seats that another company made to simulate the seat rising out of the head in battroid mode.

11. Gunpod with removable access panels and internal detail.

And to elaborate more on #4....TAMPO. PRINT. EVERY-FREAKING-THING!!! (Yes, even the No Step markings.)

-Kyp

TOP PRIORITY: Ground crew and weapons carts

THEN:

• Standing pilot figures

• Seats rising out of the head in battroid mode

• Gun straps

• Side and neck covers

SEP PRODUCT THAT EVERYONE WOULD BUY THAT I CAN'T BELIVE THEY HAVE NOT DONE YET:

• Chain Bases / Hanger as shown in this thread . . .

full tempo printing make no sense at all if they are going to release a detail up vf-1 kit, it's another way of milking the mold which don't make sense to end consumer. They should leave full tempo printing on future release.

Leave the detailed parts such as side covers, detailed hand, fists, neck cover, cockpit alone in a separate box so that end consumer can buy it as add on upgrade kit.

And oh yeah, GRAHAM, I really like to see this as an ADD ON Kit. You can detach the leg of VF-1 with screw and mount on with the add on thruster legs. I really dig that.

b0055614_1332648.jpg

Edited by Vi-RS

I don't think this is very high up on the priority list, but I would like alternate pilots. So if I wanted a 2040 era pilot in a VF-1.. or a CF pilot in Skull leader. Actually now that I'm typing it, it seems sort of lame. But hey, while we're just throwing out ideas.

I would love some sort of ground crew / support vehicles (missile loaders, etc.) or diorama friendly items.

I'm a battroid fan, so my wants and wishes are purely based on this aspect

Easy ones:

- SIDE COVERS!!!

- neck cover

- DYRL fixed posed fists

- new fast/strike pack arm pieces that are shorter and allow for better movement when the valkyrie is using all four missile hard-points

Hard ones:

- a new alternate fuselage piece for battroid mode incorporating the following:

-- a waist joint like the 1/48 valks

-- more detailed cockpit that either rotates or is already vertically positioned

-- slideable cockpit seat

- add a new chestplate with a cut-out in the middle that can be removed and swapped with a clear piece, so the new detailed fuselage/cockpit can be seen

Yamato can gladly omit the front landing gear, and use the extra space for the above mentioned.

full tempo printing make no sense at all if they are going to release a detail up vf-1 kit, it's another way of milking the mold which don't make sense to end consumer. They should leave full tempo printing on future release.

I know that they can't do anything about it with what we have already, I want to see FULL tampo print on all future releases and re-issue Valks.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Those would all be great.

In addition I would like to see rub on transfers for something like the Minmay guard (or something similar) and I would love to have a 1/60 zentradi soldier to go with my valks. Fixed pose would be fine....... this feels so christmasy like I should be addressing this to santa or something. :lol:

Revised chest piece that includes working airbrake (like 1/48) and the front top intakes that actually are open and go in a certain depth with a little detail around the opening instead of it being just blocked off.

Revised/replaceable leg pieces that the outside UN SPACY panel opens up to reveal the engine greebles behind the circular ankle disk (like the 1/48 Hasegawa model) and a spring loaded rectangular plug that hides the hole for the fast packs.

Revised/replaceable nose section that has removeable avionics bay hatches (like 1/48 resin) and a revised seam that runs along a latitudinal panel line and not diagonally across the stripe.

I'd like flowler flaps on the wings and leading edge slats please.

Second the side covers and ladder

Please Please water slide DECALS!

Nope, I do not want to buy my toys all over again, just add-on kit with decals please!

... and a partridge in a pear tree...

Edited by wm cheng

Airbrake and flaps like the 1/48 had, specially the airbrake, love that!

Cockpit ladder, if it could be retractable that would be cool, if not just a plain ladder.

Arrestor hook like the VF-0's have.

Retractable intake cover's and not just swapable...if this is possible.

Side cover's.

Extending chair in battroid mode.

"Magic hands"

Strap for the gunpod.

NATO weapons, missiles, bombs...would be cool.

Edited by thankheaven