Possible 'Detail-Up' V2 VF-1 from Yamato

Graham

If Yamato can't make the side covers and extendable seats a part of the design, I say leave the Valks alone. Everything else, like improved shoulders, hips and detailed head can be sold as a separate kit. This is from a guy that doesn't own a single V2 yet (but plans on getting them all eventually). I just think it'd be better if Yamato focuses on accessories for the Valks (such as diorama stuff) unless they can make really significant improvements on the existing toys.

Myself, I'd love to have side covers, handsets, and extra weapon sets. Anything else would be gravy after that much. An Armored Gerwalk valk release would be absolutely amazing and I wouldn't argue against the VF-1SR either, or any other 'obscure' variant valks that give more choice outside of the standard Skull Team/Grunt/ThrowABoneorTwo set of options.

In my order of preference:

5. Battroid mode side covers. - these are shown in the anime for SDF: Macross. Definitely would improve

6. More detailed hands. - 5 fully articulated hands, but engineered enough that they can "lock" into a gunpod holding position without dropping the gunpod by looking at it

9. Modern day NATO bombs/missiles to attach to the VF-1 wings.

7. Ground crew and weapons carts.

4. More Tampo printing (obviously, this one could not be released as an add-on accessory).

3. Better detailing on the pilot.

10. Those pilot seats that another company made to simulate the seat rising out of the head in battroid mode.

I would also like to see the removable nose cone with radome from the 1/48 come back, too. Maybe the flaps, if it can be done more accurately.

The ideal launch release for this series for me, would be a TV VF-1S Roy Focker Special:

• Have the base color be light or medium gray(not as dark as the low viz 1S
  • Missle tips pointed red
  • Blue tinted canopy
  • If not weathering, then inked in panel lines
  • Swappable TV hands
  • Roy Focker in TV pilot suit
  • Hiikaru in TV pilot suit
  • Sticker sheet with Roy and Hikaru canopy markings(so you can choose which one to put on)
  • FAST packs(TV style)
Why Hikaru, Roy and the FAST packs? So you can create the standard 1S that Roy used before death, and Hikaru afterwards, and the FAST packs to create the Booby Duck when Hikaru used the Skull 1. Besides, it seems that the TV 1S with pilot Roy is still something fans want. Plus, if Roy AND Hikaru come with this set, you won't have to buy the VF-1J just to get Hikaru.

Alternate subjects for this thread:

"How can Yamato get you to pay for the same thing again?"

"What should Yamato have gotten right the first time?"

"What improvements can Yamato make to their current toys to render them obsolete so you will buy virtually the same thing again?"

I find the ideas of slight improvements to this line of toys so yamato can spend 2010 milking like a dairy farmer really boring.

Meh, I've passed on all the v2 1/60 so far. I'm mostly happy with my v1 1/60 in fact, and only intend to supplement (not replace).

Hey Graham, possible to encourage them to do the v1 1/60 upgrades at any point? I would still pay for the FP upgrade and new cockpits / pilots for my my Max VF-1A and my CF VF-1A. I have the old Roy encased in the old GBP and don't intend to change that...

Meh, I've passed on all the v2 1/60 so far. I'm mostly happy with my v1 1/60 in fact, and only intend to supplement (not replace).

Hey Graham, possible to encourage them to do the v1 1/60 upgrades at any point? I would still pay for the FP upgrade and new cockpits / pilots for my my Max VF-1A and my CF VF-1A. I have the old Roy encased in the old GBP and don't intend to change that...

V2 is basically is V1 upgrade, regarded as 3rd generation of VF-1 toy line done by Yamato.

"What improvements can Yamato make to their current toys to render them obsolete so you will buy virtually the same thing again?"

I find the ideas of slight improvements to this line of toys so yamato can spend 2010 milking like a dairy farmer really boring.

Amen...

That's what happens when a company finally obtains the unobtainable and releases every single official VF-1 variant.

We are venturing into territory even the combined might of Takatoku and Bandai could not reach.

You know the chest plate? Well they should have a flat metal piece as a chest plate so you cant change the plate to a destroyed look like in the Macross Do You Remember Love. In the movie when they ripped and broke the chest plate to get to Fokker, and a crushed head, and most likely a movable seat like in the Vf-21 because when you think about it, it looks weird the way the pilot faces while in piloting the toy. They could also add a rail system so the seat can move out like in the anime while the pilots sitting in it like graham suggested.

What's really surprising.. as far as all the improvements on the V2 that has been mentioned, I have yet* to purchase a V2. I didn't even bother to pick up the VE and VT. I don't know why for some reason it hasn't appealed to me yet.. but if I ever get into it, it will begin with those two. I mean I can get a 1/48 Roy painted to replace the V2 roy low viz, so nothing new here. Improvements.. hm.. majority has been already mentioned up here, but lets be realistic is it really going to be done? How about the QC issues that haven't been resolved, lets start with that before we can move forward. Seriously with this topic I get a feel that Yamato's research team has gotten lazy and wants to use us on the forum as their test subjects. (e.g. Simpson episode when a toy company takes over Bart's school and ask them questions through their homework and observe them through a see double sided blackboard.

I think it would not be cost effective to sell the parts themselves, and it would anger collectors to have to buy a whole new VF-1 just to get some parts.

The solution?

Sell large diaorama sets WITH parts for the version 2.0 valkyrie. That would kill two birds with one stone. Everybody wants a proffesional hangar bay diaorama and other sorts of diaoramas. Adding special parts/accessories compatable to the VF-1 version 2.0 to such sets would only sweeten the deal.

Pete

see HERE

if you think about it, it's been 2 years, and the only new valkyrie that Yamato has released is the VF-11B, the rest is just repaint, 1/48 VF-1 and 1/60 YF-19 25th anniversary edition, repaint destroids, 1/48 weathered exclusives, 1/60 VF-1 milked to death already, those white YF-19 and Gamlin, Max and Millia VF-22, and the VF-11 is already beginning to get milked

IN TWO YEARS YAMATO HAS ONLY MADE 1 COMPLETELY NEW VALKYRIE.... what have they spend all this time doing?, a lot of money, ignoring and NOT fixing the v2 VF-1 shoulder issue, making an unnecessarily big SDF-1 MODEL that absolutely noone in their right mind will ever buy

Edited by Valkyrie addict

see HERE

IN TWO YEARS YAMATO HAS ONLY MADE 1 COMPLETELY NEW VALKYRIE.... what have they spend all this time doing?, a lot of money, ignoring and NOT fixing the v2 VF-1 shoulder issue, making an unnecessarily big SDF-1 MODEL that absolutely noone in their right mind will ever buy

the sdf-1 sold out before the cut off date. It sold just fine.

OK... I'm a hypocrite after I complain about people wanting dioramas... but what about adding augmented reality cards to every toy? I mean the CG is already there, why not have Big West use them...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

wow that is really cool!!!

Man things are really moving along.

Personally I would nt mind some extras. Affordable.

I would really like an armor pack for the VF-0

I love stickers.

More than anything

Affordable stands!!!!!! For all of the models and versions. Man I would love stands for my V1 YF-19 and VF-21 and V1 VF-1. Im old school and I will say this I give a lot of respect to yammy for taking the intiative in trying to go beyond Bandais mold and new. For that Im loyal to my v1 and first generation Valks. Its the same concept with G1 transformers. the original prime and Movie 2 prime or MP prime. You have to respect the originals that started it all. (funny how there was a firesale when the 1/48s came out and then the v2 1/60s from so called fans) BUT STANDS GODDAMIT !!!!!!

Also whatever optional parts they decide to sell Make them GOOD, affordable and sell them as separate set or include it into valk set. Either way i may swing for a blue vf-1 with the optional parts

thanks

this thread should be renamed "how yamato can use our ideas and not pay us for them".

do you how many ideas that we've come up with that they cashed in on?

don't get me wrong, i know this is so we get a better toy but why should the designers at yamato even get a paycheck when its clear that they've been coming here to poach our ideas and pass them off as their own? they incorporate our suggestions into their toys, then they tell us to grab our ankles and butt rape us into submission. doesn't anyone else see something wrong with this?

the saddest part about this thread is that its not even for something new. its so they can cash in on a add-on/repaint/re-release on the same old toy. its seems that their design department has about as much creativity as my left nut, its pathetic.